Three.

Hey you

"Why are you alone? Where's bomi and Chorong?Aren't you usually with them? I said rather angrily at the the thought of the two idiotic lovebirds leaving Irene alone.

"They ditched me and went to the garden to eat instead when I told them I was eating with you guys." She answered sheepishly as she lowered her head in embaressment at the same time seemingly unaffected by what happened just seconds ago.

"How long has this been going on? I asked, looking at her softly.

"A week after i got here I think. It wasn't like that at first, sometimes, I would chance upon hearing them gossip about me in the showers, or when I'm walking past them. That's all. I guess they got bolder when they saw I wasn't with bomi and chorong today. Don't worry about me, I'm really fine, trust me." she said almost pleadingly when she looked at me.

"Hey unnie, you sure you're okay? Why didn't you say anything back to them just now. you shouldn't be keeping quiet unnie, you're older then them." Joy said, frowning as she did so.

"Seulgi ah, go buy food with Joy. I'll stay here." I said, trying keep my anger out of the way. I look towards Seulgi as she pulled Joy up beside me, my gaze following them as they lined themselves at the back of the queue, her question left unanswered.

The table was quiet. I did not know what to say, I coud not even formulate a sentence in my head. I kept thinking to myself why I let the gossip continue. I knew from the start that the juniors were talking about her, heck some of our teammates are still ting on her about how she got into the team. I did not know it would escalate so much to the point of cornering her and sizing her up as a group. I was just feeling so angry and pissed off about it. I then started to figure what type of punishment I should give later to the juniors, gasers? Conditioning? Of course, something that would benefit them too and maybe end it with a duck walk?

"Hey, stop fretting. I'm really okay."

"Who said I was."

"You were making faces and mumbling about trainings, duck walks and gasers.." Irene amusedly said.

I looked at Irene. She was still smiling. I could see Seulgi and Joy paying for their food from my peripheral vision.

I sighed. I reached over and held her hand that was laying on the table. 

" Are you really okay?"

" I'd be lying if I said I am. But it's fine. I can handle it." Reassures the latter, placing her other hand on top of mine. 

I quickly withdrew my hand in between hers when I saw the duo walking back, Joy clinging unto Seulgi lifelessly. I started fidgeting with my hands that were now on my lap, thinking to myself how I even got the courage to place my hand on Irene just like that and of course internally flipping because she did not retract her hands away. 

"UNNNIEEE. The guy in front of us took the last chicken wing!!! I'll have to wait until next wednesday to eat it now!" Grumbled Joy.

I sighed. Wednesdays in school has always been the favourite day for the youngest. Why? You'd wonder. It's because it's fried food day. The only day where the cafeteria sells fried food. The day where the aunt from stall 3 would cook insanely awesome chicken wings she says.

"Hey Irene, we thought we'd got you a sandwich. By the looks of that mess it kinda seemed you didn' eat much at all" Seulgi said, referring to the ruined sandwich that was left untouched.

"woah. Thanks. How much is it? I'll pay you back."

"Nah, It's fine, call it a welcome gift from us, I'm pretty sure the girl who invited you over wouldn't want you to pay too. Right wendy? oh and here you go, I got you your normal." Seulgi said as she respectively handed out the sanwiches.

" Yea, a welcome gift." I focused on unwrapping my sandwhich to avoid the questioning look given by Irene and starting digging into my sandwich.

"Unnie, arnch you ghoing chu eat?" Joy said with stuffed with food.

I shook my head while Seulgi started lecturing her about table manners and how one should not talk with their mouths full.

"I said, Aren't you going to eat your sandwich?" Joy repeated as she looked at Irene after swalloing her food.

"Nope probably later during my free period. What happened just now kinda ruined my appetite." 

" In that case, remember to eat it. I don't want you coming down to training with an empty stomach."

Before Irene could reply, her phone that she put on the table before started vibrating.Irene glanced at her phone and then back up to Joy and I.

"Sorry guys. Gotta answer it. I'll see you during class if we have one together." Irene said as she look over to Seulgi as well.

Grabbing her phone and the sandwich, Irene quickly stood up and brisk walked out of the cafeteria.