Two.

Hey you

"Why haven't you said anything to her yet? It's been at least half an hour already, what are you waiting for?" Seulgi whispered to her. Annoyance evident in her tone.

Since I did not want to be heard by Irene, I opted for a much safer way to reply. Tearing a little from my notebook, I wrote that I didn't know what to say to her and that I'm a sacred that I'll make a wrong move. As she read the paper, a smirk formed and I knew some stupid idea would be in that head of hers. 

As the bell rang, signalling for the next lesson, Seulgi walked up to Irene while she was packing her things. Since I was in front of the classroom, I could not hear what they were talking about. As I slowly made my way back to the table, I heard them laughing. "Oh before I forget, this girl who was sitting beside you is my best friend, Wendy. Sorry she's a little quiet.Once you get to know her though, you'll really appreciate the silence that's going on now." Seulgi said as she grabbed me by the shoulders and dragged me beside her, in front of Irene.

"Hey, so yea, I'm wendy.." Awkwardly and unkowingly tiliting my head as I introduced myself.

" I know. Wendy, captain of the soccer team right?" Irene said smiling.

"Class back to your seats in the count of three, those not in my class, scram." Ms Hwang suddenly interuppted as she walked in the classroom.

"Hey I was thinking if you wanna come join us for recess later? or maybe not?" I asked nervously.

"Yea yea sure of course, I'll see you guys in the cafeteria later? I need to get to my next lesson or else, well I don't really know what would happen anyway." Irene said as she grabbed her pencil case on the table and placed it in her bag.

I was standing awkwardly in front of her as she was packing her bag. My mind was a mess. I couldn't believe I was finally talking to her. And she said she already knew me. Wow. Just wow. I just talked to Irene and just asked her out to eat . Holy . I need to treat seulgi better from now onwards. Oh wow. Oh my gosh. What just happened?

"Hey." "HEY." I felt someone shaking my shoulder. I snapped out of my day dream and focused on the person in front of me. "you okay?" Irene said, face full of concern.

"I guess?"

"You sure?" Irene said as she suddenly place the back of her hand unto my forehead. "you're not sick are you?" 

"I'm fine, really. Just lost in my thoughts that's all. Go to class. I'll see you later okay?" I said to her smiling like an idiot.

" Mmm kay seeya." Irene said as she left class.

" Miss Son, continue staring at the door and I will let you sit at the door or get your to your desk now."

I hurriedly took my seat beside Seulgi and flipped my textbook to where the teacher was at. I tried to focus on the lesson but my thoughts drifted to the interaction between Irene and I from before.

"whipped." Seulgi suddenly whispered into my ear. I turned to look at her but she was looking at the board in front, pretending to listen eventhough she was grinning from ear to ear.

"No I'm not. I think I just really fancy her." I said calmly eventhough I could feel my cheeks warming up.

"For real? So that's why you've been acting this way?Because you love her? Oh my gosh, you really are whipped. well lovestruck I guess?"

"Okay first of all, I am not whipped and secondly, I am not in love with her...yet."

"Yet." she said grinning.

"Whatever. Wake me up when it ends." I told Seulgi as I rest my head on the table.

 

_________

 

"Oi."

"smartass, wake up."

"Oi, Irene's here."

I bolted up from the table at the name spoken. I looked around but I couldn't see her anywhere. I turned to where Seulgi was sitting and there she was staring at me, shaking her head.

"yup. Totally whipped."

"Is class over?" I asked, ignoring the statement.

"Duh, we're the only ones left in class. C'mon, we don't want to let your Irene wait for us now do we? We need to get Joy from the library too."

"No need. I'm here alright. I didn't want my favorite seniors to come fetch me like a little kid." Interuppted Joy standing at the door.

"Oh cut the crap. Hurry hurry guess who's joining us for recess today?" Seulgi suddenly asked excitedly.

" Nah it's fine, just tell me, I don't wanna think. Mr Jin just gave us an algebra test and it left my brain dead."

" It's the new girl!"

"FOR REAL?!HOLY, WENDY, IRENE'S JOINING US FOR RECESS!"

"I know that already, now tone it done. We don't want to keep her waiting shall we?" Wendy coolly said as she walked out of the classroom with Seulgi trailing behind her.

"How on earth did you managed to talk to irene into eating with us huh?" Joy said as she looked at Seulgi.

" Not me, her." Seulgi looked over to Wendy as they walked down the stairs

"WENDY?! HOW WHEN WHERE?" 

"Oh my god can you stop being so loud?"

"TELL MEEE UNNIEE" Joy started whining.

"It was after second period, Seulgi was already talking to her and she just dragged me to where she was standing and I introduced myself, we talked for awhile after seulgi went back to her seat and I kinda asked her about recess? Hurry guys I don't want her waiting." wendy said as she quickened her steps after turning a corner that led to the cafeteria.

As we walked in the cafeteria, I noticed a group of students circling a table. As we got closer towards them, I saw Irene sitting a the table, trying to ignore the girls that were surrounding her. We could hear the girls mocking her, taunting her, one of them even playing with her food. I fastened my pace, not caring if Seulgi and Joy were with me. 

"Oi." I said in a loud voice. The group of girls turned and I could see the change in their expression on their faces. Those who were sitting nearby turned their heads over curiously. 

"Cap...capptain" one of the girls meekly said. All of them had their heads down, trying their best to not look me in the eye.

"Hi girls, It's nice to see you all being so friendly to our new member." I said sarcastically. By now, I could sense that Seulgi and Joy were behind me.

"So what were you guys talking about? I should join in too right? As the captain, I should know what's going on around here right? I walked slowly towards the table, taking a seat opposite Irene. During the whole time, I could feel Irene's questioning gaze on me. Seulgi and Joy also made thier way to the table,Seulgi planting herself beside Irene while joy sat beside me.

I stayed quiet, ignoring the girls,I observed Irene. She had her head down. Her sandwich looked like as if it had been picked up and thrown back into the lunchbox.

"Be at the field half an hour earlier. Anyone late will deal with the us after training. Got it? Seulgi said quietly, not even bothering to look at the juniors.

"And not just you guys only, tell the rest who aren't here. You are a team. You train and you get punished as a team. Is it clear? I continued, looking at each one of them.

"Yes captain." Minjoo, a classmate of Joy voiced out timidly.

"Now you have three seconds to dispersed or we can train an hour longer for the next three trainings." I said calmly.