04/??

Just a little bit of his heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed since Mark and Jia became official, and Jackson was taking this pretty hard. While his friend was out having fun with his girlfriend, Jackson stayed in bed the entire time and looked through old photograph. He hated the fact that Mark was seeing someone, because now they spent even lesser time together than they did when Mark and Jia used to be nothing more than a casual thing. Mark had even started to spend more nights with his girlfriend; he always left money for Jackson to pay for food though.

 

It was late when Mark came back to the apartment he shared with Jackson. All lights were off, and it was quiet. Mark walked into their shared room and the lights to find Jackson sleeping in his bed. He tilted his head in confusion, and figured something must be wrong for Jackson to be seeking the comfort of Mark’s bed. Mark bent down and lightly touched the younger’s shoulder, making him jolt awake. Jackson wasn’t expecting Mark to return home this night and was quite startled by someone touching him.

 

“You’re home,” he said as he sat up, earning a smile from the older. “Yep, Youngji was having a small crisis so I had to get lost,” Mark softly chuckled; “So why are you sleeping in my bed?” Jackson felt a bitter taste appear in his mouth each time Youngji’s name was brought up. “I just missed you,” Jackson said as if it was the most obvious thing, but it wasn’t to Mark. The older boy chuckled softly and shook his head as if to tell Jackson he was being silly. “Did you talk to your crush yet?” Mark asked as he remembered he hadn’t asked how Jackson was doing with his love life. He had been caught up in own. “He already has a girlfriend,” Jackson answered as he moved to get out of Mark’s bed. “I’ll let you have your bed back.” Mark felt like he took a knife to the heart hearing how the guy Jackson was in love with was with some girl. He followed the younger to his bed and crawled in with him. “He’s an idiot,” Mark says as he wraps his arms around his friend, hugging him from behind. “No he’s not,” Jackson responded while frowning. He didn’t think Mark was an idiot at all. Sure it annoyed him how he was so happy in love with his new girlfriend that he seemed to have forgotten about him, but Mark was still far from being an idiot. Jackson was the idiot. He was the one who fell for his best friend. “Oh come on Jacks, anybody who choses someone else over you is an idiot, especially if they choose a girl!” Mark insisted. He wanted to cheer his friend up, because now that he knew he had been rejected, it made sense how he stayed in every single day and had gone to sleep in Mark’s bed. They would always seek comfort from each other when they were feeling down.

 

“I’m sorry I haven’t been around much,” Mark apologized as he caressed Jackson’s stomach in an attempt to soothe him. Jackson let out a heavy sigh and closed his eyes. “It’s okay… You have Jia now, I understand,” Jackson said quietly. “No it’s not okay Jackson,” Mark insisted. “You’re my best friend, and I’ve neglected you for an entire week. I’ll cancel all my plans with Jia for the next four days and it’ll be just you and me, okay?” Jackson smiled hearing Mark say he’d more or less ignore Jia for four days. “Really?” he asked, as he turned his head to look back at Mark. “Of course!” Mark smiled brightly back at Jackson while he nodded his head. “I’ll do anything for you, you know that.” Jackson smiled and closed his eyes. For the first time since Mark and Jia became official, the two boys slept in the same bed, in a position that had become all too natural for them. Any outsider would thing they were lovers, or brothers at best. Even Jia would have questioned the two boys’ friendship if she saw them now.

 

Mark felt peaceful whenever he held on to Jackson at night, and Jackson felt safe in Mark’s arms. They both felt warm and comfortable, but only Jackson felt like his heart was breaking, for he knew Mark woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter