01/??

Just a little bit of his heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson remembers it as it was yesterday. The day when he became friends with Mark. Everybody at school liked Mark and wanted to be his friend, but somehow, Mark had chosen to befriend Jackson. He had many times asked Mark, why he had chosen him, and Mark would always laugh and give him the same answer. “Because not choosing you would have been so mainstream!” Jackson had always been different from everyone else at school. He was the only kid from a poor family attending that school. His parents were divorced, his mom worked at the local supermarket, earning just enough for them to rent a not so shabby looking apartment and pay for food. Jackson’s father was rich, and instead of paying child support, he paid Jackson’s tuition. His mom didn’t exactly like that though. She didn’t want any of her ex-husband’s money. But she accepted the offer, for Jackson. Jackson got picked on a lot at school, he rarely ever got new clothes, and since his mom couldn’t afford lenses, Jackson always wore those big, dorky glasses that seemed to have been taken straight out Disney’s animated movie, Atlantis. Jackson felt stupid wearing them, but he had not choice, without them he could hardly see anything that wasn’t a couple of inches away from his nose.

Mark was rich like everyone else at the school, everyone but Jackson. He came into Jackson’s life on the second semester of his freshman year at high school. Everybody instantly took a liking to the tall, pretty faced boy with shiny white teeth. His family had come all the way from Los Angeles, which made the boy even more special, but he chose to be Jackson’s friend, and ignored everyone else. The two boys instantly grew close to each other, and even ended up going to collage together.

Jackson hummed softly as he thought back to those happy days. “Yah Jackson, are you even listening to me!?” Mark spoke in a loud tone as he chucked a random notebook at his friend lying on the bed across the room from himself. Jackson flinched when the book hit him and his friend yelled. “I am so paying attention!” he lied as he threw the notebook back. “Oh yeah? Then what did I just say?” Mark asked as he narrowed his eyes at his friend. “How would I know, I didn’t even listen remember?” Jackson grinned at his friend, pulling up the covers to block the pillow flying towards him. “Idiot!” Mark laughed. “I met a girl is what I said,” Mark repeated now that he had his friend’s attention again. “About damn time!” Jackson teased as he threw Mark’s pillow back at him. “Like you’re the one to talk mister Wild and y Jackson Wang,” Mark said and rolled his eyes. “It’s not my fault there aren’t any girls that are my style in this place. They’re either total s or stupid s,” Jackson shot back and shook his head. “There are guys here too you know,” Mark teased. “You’re never going to let that go are you? I was super drunk! I didn’t know what I was doing,” Jackson defended himself when Mark brought up the incident at a party a weeks ago. “Yeah right, you totally wanted that guy!” Mark laughs loudly. “In my defence, I thought it was you!” Jackson said loudly, making Mark laugh even more, because it was a total lie. At least that’s what Mark thought.

Jackson laid back on his bed and frowned as he stared up at the ceiling. He felt like the biggest idiot in the world. He did everything Mark asked of him, and loved to be around him. It was always fun, but they didn’t spend that much time together anymore. He knew Mark liked that girl he was talking about earlier. He had heard everything he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter