January 10th

Recess

Hello~ So, this isn't so much of a chapter. It's more of a little snipett, however it does follow story line, so just think of it as events that happen after last chapter and before the next. 

Enjoy~


January 10th 

Miran sighed taking a sip of the soda and soju concoction that Seokjin had just served her, quickly sitting straighter away from the drink and table. “What is that?” she asked incredulously. At that, her cousin just chuckled into his own drink. “You defiled soda, you know that?”

“Oh, c’mon, you know it’s a common drink,” the older replied.

Seokjin had managed to get the two the night off for both his and Miran's comeback/debut preparation to go have dinner at one of his favorite restaurants. It wasn’t anything special, but he reasoned that they had the brand of beer he especially liked.

“Did auntie call you?” Seokjin asked as he started to eat the daktoritang (spicy chicken & potato stew) he had ordered.

“Of course,” Miran replied, ignoring her drink for her miyeokguk (seaweed soup), “First thing in the morning. She didn’t know if the company was going to make me work today or not, but she didn’t want to take any chances and call during the day.” Seokjin nodded, and they continued eating fervently. With a comeback and debut in the horizon, their diets were heavily inforced. Both were taking the opportunity to eat out without either of their managers’ supervision.

“So,” Seokjin started on their way to the dorms, a face mask covering the majority of his face and a beanie covering his head from the cold weather and peaking eyes that might recognize him, “I heard your song got approved.”

“Yeah,” Miran replied, digging her hands further into her jacket pockets, “PD-nim just approved of the melodies today. I didn’t even know that he had heard them;  Yoongi-oppa has been helping me a lot with communications with PD-nim.”

“Yoongi’s is really passionate about his music. He most likely sees that in you,” Seokjin opened the apartment buildings door for his cousin as they walked into the heated building, “DRAMA isn’t our little sister group only in name.”

Miran snorted at that as they stepped into the elevator, pushing in their respective floor numbers into the control panel. When the member lineup for DRAMA was finalized, the girls had moved into an apartment on the same floor as BTS, but only a few weeks of sharing a floor had past before BTS moved a couple floors up into a larger residence.

“So,” Seokjin started, “Did you enjoy today?”

Miran cracked a  smiled, “Of course I did. It was the first time I got to celebrate my birthday with both Bangtan and DRAMA.”


Several Hours Earlier

Seokjin shushed the giggling boys behind him for what felt like the 500th time in the past ten minutes. He looked over her shoulder to see an excited Namjoon right behind him, a tired looking Yoongi holding a handful of helium balloons tied to strings in his fist, Hoseok holding the cake, trying not to drop it while the maknae line decorated the sweet with candles and lit them.

The boys were situated right outside DRAMA’s dance practice room. With already a few tracks done for the girls’ single, choreography was now being decided on and practiced. Seokjin played close attention to the sounds coming from the room as the song ended. The scuffing of shoes could be heard just before the girls’ choreographer announce a lunch break. The boys held their breath waiting for the teacher to make his exit of the room.

Said choreographer raised an eyebrow at the boys as they greeted him. He shook his head at the sight of the balloons and cake waving them off. Seokjin turned to the boys holding up his fingers as a countdown.

When the eldest reached one, Seokjin and Namjoon busted through the door, thoroughly freaking the girls out as they switched the light off. Seokjin instantly ran to Miran and lifted her off the ground in his, causing her to let out a small scream in the dark. The rest of the girls started to yell in confusion only to be met with the rest of the boys entering the dark room while singing happy birthday. Seokjin carried a shocked Miran to where Hoseok was carrying a lit cake in front of her. Miran let out a laugh as she blew her candles, and one of the girls turned flipped the switch, illuminating the room again.


So, that's it. Not super long, but I wanted to set a sort of time setting to the story. I hope you enjoyed it.