Ch. 1 The Beginning

Recess

Ah...thank you to those who have subscribed. I didn't expect to get any with just publishing a  foward. Sorry for taking so long to publish this. Anyway, here is the member list for DRAMA: 

DRAMA

Kim Miran-Jan 10 ‘94-Vocal, Composer

Choi Suji-Feb 21 ‘94-Vocal, Visual

Kim Boyeon [Lilly]-May 20 ‘94-Leader, Rap, Composer

Park Jieun-Oct 13 ‘95-Vocal, Dance

Joo Hyunmi-March 9 ‘96-Rap, Dance

Lee Seong-Jan 27 ‘97-Vocal, Dance

Choi Inyoung-Jan 29 ‘98-Rap, Dance


Ch. 1 The Beginning 

“Hyung,” Yoongi turned from where he was at the desk in the Bangtan room to see Namjoon walk in. Yoongi noted the strange almost excited expression on the younger's face but didn’t say anything. The leader went to sit on the couch where he had left his notepad with unfinished lyrics before he was called into a meeting with the boys' boss, “We’re getting a sister group.”

Yoongi didn’t reply, just turned back to the computer to continue typing.

“Well,” Namjoon corrected, “a little sister group. PD-nim wants us to help them with the songwriting.” To that, the other stopped in his writing but didn't turn to Namjoon. “From what he told me, they have some work done already. I guess he just wants us to see over them.”

Yoongi went back to typing.

“Jin-hyung’s cousin, Miran-noona, and their leader should be coming by later today,” Namjoon said ending the conversation. Over his notepad he saw the older’s shoulders sag a bit as he continued to type.


“We’re finally debuting!”

“We’re going to be on stage!”

“Ya!” the eldest, Kim Miran, scolded the two youngest, “You’re too loud, get to the practice room already.”

“Mimi, “ Suji, the one walking behind the three started, “Don’t act like you’re not excited too.” The group made their way into the practice room.

“Okay,” the group’s lead dancer started, kicking off her shoes to bounce on the balls of her feet, “Let’s warm up while we wait for Lilly-unnie.”

Outside of the practice room, away from the cluster of dance rooms, Lilly, or Kim Boyeon, stepped out of a meeting room after speaking to the group’s manager—descussing more plans for debutting like meeting with a producer and choreographer—and made her way to the practice room. Once she was just a few meters away from the room, she answered her ringing cellphone, “Kevin, what is it? I have dance practice right now.”

A younger boyish voice replied with a scoff, “You don’t even like dancing, Lilly. Anyway, mom told me to tell you that she’s really glad that you’re going to debut.

Lilly hummed leaning against the wall of the hall, “Anything from dad?”

Oh,” Kevin grew quiet, “He hasn’t said anything. He’s been at work all day, y’know. But, I’ll tell him when he comes back tonight.”

“Yeah, okay,” Lilly replied, “I got to go, Kev. Tell mom to put more international minutes for my phone.”

Okay, noona,” Kevin replied quietly, “Love you, Boyeon.”

“I love you, too, Minjae,” Lilly smiled before hanging up her phone and heading towards the practice room.

When she walked into said room, she was bombarded by her bandmates. “Ugh what took you so long?” “You know practice started twenty minutes ago right?” “Jieun made us keep warming up till you got here!” The three youngest, Hyunmi, Seong, and Inyoung tackled Lilly till they had her on the ground in an awkward stretching position.

“Yah!” Lilly grunted when Jieun plopped herself atop of her midsection, “You’re all going to kill me!” To that she got a collection of giggled and the younger three retracted themselves from her, but Jieun kept her place. “Brat,” Lilly said exasperated.

“So,” Miran started taking the chance to sit before practice, “What did manager-nim say?”

Lilly grunted as she forcefully pushed a giggling Jieun off her before speaking to the group as a whole, “Today, Miran and me are going to go meet with Rap Monster-sunbaenim and Suga sunbaenim so they can review the tracks we’ve made. As soon as we get their approval, Hyunmi and Inyoung will join us to write lyrics. Also with that, you four,” Lilly pointed to the four youngest, “you can meet with Bangtan Sonyeondan-sunbaenim’s dance line to create choreo.” The four youngest gave a pleased smile, while the two eldest just hummed. “There’s something else, too.” Lilly sighed, “The company want us to come up with a joint performance.”

“With Bangtan sunbaes?” Miran asked raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah,” Lilly replied, “PD-nim didn’t tell us, but DRAMA is going to be BTS’s little sister group.”


“Trainees?” Jungkook asked from his spot on Bangtan’s drance practice room. He, Hoseok, Jimin, Seokjin, and Taehyung had gone to work out in the early morning before migrating to the practice room, not feeling like being stuck in their apartment all day. BTS wasn’t on promoting schedule, so they’re days were lax except for the occasional appearance or photoshoot.

Currently the boys’ silence had been broken by the loud giggling and obviously female voices coming from the room next to them.

“BigHit does have those,” Taehyung said paying more attention to his phone, where he was playing Crossy Road, “I forgot.”  

Jimin snorted listening in through the thin walls as shouts were heard, “Sounds like something happened. Should we go check?”

“Leave the trainees be,” Seokjin said, “We shouldn’t bother them.” At that, Jimin plopped himself down on the ground. Taehyung groaned suddenly after losing a round.

Again the boys become silent. Hoseok and Seokjin taking pictures with the mirror, Taehyung on this phone, and Jimin and Jungkook listening intently to the quiet murmurs coming from the adjacent room. A muffled base vibrating through the wall crawling down Jungkook and Jimin’s backs.

“Oh,” Jimin uttered, “What song is this?”

Jungkook pursed his lips listening intently, “I haven’t heard it. Must be new?” Jimin shrugged.


“I hope they don’t change this one too much,” Jieun said staring at herself move in front of the mirror, “The rhythym is really nice to dance to.”

“Have you named this one yet?” Inyoung, who was following Jieun’s moves, asked the eldest.

Miran shrugged, “Not yet. It’s saved on file as Pie.”

The second eldest bursted out laughing at that moment, breaking her silence, “Pie?!”

“I didn’t know what to name it!” Miran exclaimed frowning at a giggling Suji.

Lilly, who was nodding along to the beat, said, “This is the only one that is mostly done. The others are still a working progress.” When the track ended she stood moving over to the stereo to switch the aux cable over to her phone. Lilly started, “We’re going to be performing with Bangtan Sandbaes. Manager-nim said the tracks we’re performing together aren’t finalized, so let’s just go over some of their title songs.” A collective groan followed.


“Is that N.O.?” Hoseok spoke up after hearing the familiar instrumental coupled with Rap Monster’s muffled rap through the wall.

Jungkook pressed his ear to the wall, his wide eyes in concentration, “Sounds like it.”

“Why are trainees using our songs?” Taehyung questioned, abandoning his phone.

“They can use them,” Jimin said standing up, “It’s not like that’s not allowed.” By what was heard through the wall, Junkook had just finished his rap, and now Suga was rapping.

“I want to see how they’re doing now,” Hoseok said grinning and standing. Seokjin sighed standing too.

“Field trip!” Jimin said excited before rushing to the door with the rest of the boys at his heels. It didn’t take long to get to the door, but when they got there the chorus had started, and Taehyung's voice could be heard through the door. Jimin pursed his finger over his lips, shushing the boys behind him before opening the door carefully.

All the boys’ mouths fell open in surprised upon seeing a group of girls. The boys monitored the girls as they slowly, and quietly tried, to shuffle into the room. They at least succeed, for the girls were too focused on the choreography to be aware of their surroundings.

Hoseok grinned widely, enamored by the girls’ work. The girls weren’t as crisp and clean as the boys—compared to BTS they had only practiced the dance a fraction than the copious hours the boys invested in the choreo, but they, nonetheless, were still impressive.

Jungkook’s large eyes were traveling between girls in awe, unblinking.

Jimin, much like Hoseok, was smiling widely letting the beat of the song travel through his system.

Taehyung, however, had his mouth agape. His eyes were focused on a one Park Jieun. At the moment, she was taking Jimin’s spot in in the choreo, in the front of the group as she mouthed the lyrics. He undoubtedly noted the girl's bright unmatching socks before searching and finding her abandoned shoes near where the boys stood.

Hoseok followed the girls has two actually rapped to his and Namjoon’s parts near the end of the song the song, completely amazed.

Seokjin was clapping silently to the beat as he saw Miran in his spot taking his chorus line.

The girls continued with the chorus until it was time for the imaginary soldiers to appear. The girl’s still in performance mode looked around and switched postions. The one at the end of the formation closest to the boys, Suji, let out a surprised squeak stumbling in he stance into Miran, startling the rest of the girls.

Hastlely, the girls gathered themselves ignoring the still playing music to greet the boys with multiple bows. Right after the boys acknowledged them, greeting them back with bows as well, Lilly went to turn off the music.

“All of you dance very good,” Hoseok started.

“Well, duh,” Jungkook said snarkily, “They’re trainees.”

Lilly chuckled hesitantly before saying thanking Hoseok. “Um, we should introduce ourselves,” she started looking between the girls, “eldest to youngest.”

“We already know Miranie,” Jin said before said girl could introduce herself, “and Jieun-ah.”

“Really?” Lilly asked. Both girls nodded.

“Seokjin-oppa is my cousin,” Miran said stepping closer to Jin as he patted her head.

“Jimin-ah and I are twins,” Jieun said as she and said boy slid next to each other, and Jimin slung an arm around her shoulders, “Can’t you tell?” Lilly tilted her head at the two, nodding. The two did look quite similiar—enough so that with enough work and effort they might be able to pass for eachother.

“Well,” Suji, who was standing next to Lilly started, “I am Choi Suji, I’m second eldest after Miran.” The collective boys nodded.

Lilly spoke up again, “I am Kim Boyeon. You can call me Lilly though.”

“Lilly?” Jungkook questioned.

“Ah, I lived in America for six years, so I go by Lilly most of time since my family still lives there,” Lilly explained.

“Oh,” Taehyung said earnestly, “That must be hard.”

“Yeah,” she replied before turning to the rest of the girls, not wanting to delve into the topic too deeply.

“Ah,” one started, “I am Joo Hyunmi. I’m fourth eldest after Jieun.”

The visibly shorter girl next to her continued, “I am Lee Seong. I’m second youngest.”

“What year are you?” Jimin asked curious.

“97,” she replied.

“What month?” Hoseok fired quickly after.

“January…” Seong answered wearily, eliciting a round of yells at Jungkook.

“Ha, she’s even older than you!” “Still the little maknae!”

“Ya!” Jungkook yelled slapping away a poking finger from Taehyung that was aimed at his ribs.

“Um,” the last of the girls started, “I am Choi Inyoung. I am the youngest. I’m '98.”

“Ah,” the boys replied, and Jungkook smiled pleased.

“So,” Jin started, “Where is your teacher? Trainee’s aren’t allowed in the practice rooms without supervision.”

“Oh,” Jieun started still under Jimin’s arm, “We were allowed the room for the day.”

“Right now, our teacher is having a meeting with PD-nim,” Lilly said excusing the subject.

The boys nodded, and Hoseok spoke up, “Well, we should let you all practice.”

The two groups exchanged pleasantries till the boys left the girls to their own devices.


After the boys shuffled out, Inyoung spoke up, “That’s so true though, are we getting a choreographer?”

“Yes,” Lilly said, “I wasn’t lying when I said they’re meeting with PD-nim.”

Jieun giggled, “Wah! It’s so exciting!”

“Anyway,” Lilly continued, “Miran, we have to go.” To that the eldest nodded following her out of the room.

Once to two were gone, Jieun grinned looking over at the other four girls, “Time to dance~”


Namjoon shot his head up when a knock was heard from the door of the studio; soon after, Miran popped her head in, “Namjoon?”

“Miran-noona,” he greeted standing up. Not that far away, Yoongi also stood from his seat, and Miran made her way into the studio along with a hesitant Lilly behind her.

“Ah,” Miran said looking behind her, “This is our leader.”

Lilly stepped forward bowing slightly, “Hello, I’m Kim Boyeon. It’s nice to meet you.”

Namjoon bowed back, “I’m Kim Namjoon. I’m the leader of BTS.” The two exchanged handshake before he continued, “I heard you’re older than me; you can just call me Namjoon.”

“Oh,” Lilly blinked surprised, “We from the same year, so you can call me Lilly.”

Both boys nodded.

Next, Namjoon looked behind himself to look at the shorter. Yoongi took a deep breath before introducing himself.

Before long, the four crowded around the computer, where they were listening to Miran and Lilly’s tracks. Hours past like that with Namjoon and Yoongi critiquing the tracks tweaking things here and there. Soon, what felt like minutes, had been hours, and the group had almost finished Miran’s track and tuned up the other tracks.

Then suddenly, Jimin and Taehyung were busting through the door at near midnight. “Hyung!,” Taehyung exclaimed, “We’re heading back.”

“Yeah,” Jimin said, “Wanna come…” Both boys stood paused at the door when they saw both Miran and Lilly hovering over a mixboard and the familiar track they had heard come from the girls’ practice room was playing in the speakers.

“We’re working, “Yoongi said still looking at the computer analyzing the arrangement of the track playing.

Namjoon looked over at the two seeing their confused faces, “What?”

“Miran-noona, Lilly-noona,” Taehyung started and the two bowed their heads in acknowledgement, “What are you doing here?”

“We’re helping them with their tracklist,” Yoongi said, “Now, go home.”

The boys didn’t head to the elder’s demand, simply staring even more confused.

“How do you know Lilly?” Namjoon questioned the two when they didn’t speak.

“We met in the dance rooms,” Jimin answered, “Miran-noona and Lilly-noona were there with other trainees; even Jieun-ah was there.”

“Oh,” Namjoon started turning to the girls, “Jimin’s sister is in your group too?” To that, Lilly nodded.

“Group?” Taehyung questioned.

The boys’ leader nodded, “They’re going to debut.”

To that Lilly jumped when she heard a slam. Turning towards the door, she saw Taehyung wincing on the floor and Jimin nowhere to be found. Namjoon asked, “You didn’t tell them?”

Miran shrugged, “We thought you should tell them.”

Lilly watched as Taehyung grumbled sitting on the floor as they continued working on the tracks.


“Jieun-ah,” Suji complained from where she was breathing hard on the dance room floor, “We don’t even have set choreo. Stop making us learn this!”

“But, maybe we can put it in one of our songs,” Jieun reason. She was the only one still standing, with all the other girls lying about the floor. The lead dancer was given a collective groan when the song replayed on the speakers. Jieun looked at the girls, seeing them refuse to get up, and she sighed going through the dance moves on her own focused on her reflection in the mirror.

Suddenly, a yell was heard from outside the room. Seong, who was closest to the door, noticed it first, but said nothing until the door was ripped open and a Park Jimin was leaping over her form to tackle Jieun. “Jieun!!!” the boy yelled as he enveloped her in his arms spinning her her around the room. The other four were watching the spectacle in entertainment.

“Yah!” Jieun cried when Jimin refused to release her, “What is it?”

“You didn’t tell me you were debuting!” Jimin scolded holding her at arms length pouting.

“We were barely told today,” she reasoned.

“I saw you today!” he shot back eliciting a round of giggles from Inyoung and Hyunmi. “Have you told mom and dad?”

“We’ve been practicing all day...” Jieun replied. To that, Jimin patted his pockets before hauling his protesting sister out of the room. "My shoes!" Jieun cried before binging hauled over Jimin's shoulder, whinning and smacking the overexcited boy as they went.

Once they were gone, Suji concluded exasperated, “Practice over. Let’s go home.”


Thank you for reading the first chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! I promise to update as soon as I can!

For those who are wondering this is the practice video a based the N.O on. Just imagine the boys comming in from the back left.  https://youtu.be/_VoSHt8zFNI