Chapter 3

Facade

 

 "Hey." Taehyun chuckled. "Why are you so upset?"

Jinwoo continued walking while still dragging Taehyun's wrist, ignoring every word he speaks.

"I said hey. Why are you ignoring me?" he said, teasingly smiling.

Jinwoo stopped walking and turned around. He stared at Taehyun, still with an angered expression on his face. 

Taehyun laughed in disbelief. "Why are you so mad? What's up with you?"

"Who are those guys? How can they speak like that you?" he said with his voice shaking with anger.

Taehyun's eyebrows raised as he chuckled at what he just heard. "You okay? Chill out. Just ignore them. They're not worth getting angry over, okay? Relax."

Jinwoo paused and let out a sigh. "..Sorry if I'm overreacting. It just.. it makes me so mad when I see bullies like them."

Taehyun laughed, finding him unbelievably adorable. He leaned in closer as he tousled the deer-eyed man's soft, chestnut-colored hair. Jinwoo moved away a little, taken aback by his sudden, unexpected physical contact. Seeing him get all flustered up, Taehyun can't help but giggle at the sight. And instead of moving his hands away, he continued to teasingly mess up his hair.

"Hey, you're messing up my hair!" he said with a faint blush on his face as he removes Taehyun's hand.

"Ooppss." He chuckled. "Sorry, sorry." 

Jinwoo pauses and looks him in the eyes. "..Uh.." He cleared his throat before continuing speaking. "Mind telling me what happened earlier..?"

"Oh, that." Taehyun paused.

Jinwoo stared at him, waiting for a response. He could see hesitation in his eyes, having second thoughts whether he should answer or not.

"Oh, but it's okay, though. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I'll respect that."

Taehyun smiled. "No, no. It's okay. I'll tell you."

"Okay. You can trust me. I promise," he said, smiling.

"Alright.. But.. we're kind of in the middle of the road here." He chuckles.

"Oh. Right, right. Let's go to that cafe shop over there, then?" He points at the building across the street.

Taehyun nodded. "Let's go."

 

 


 

 

Jinwoo placed his hands on his lap as he sat with his back straight. His eyes wandered around the dim-lighted, cozy cafe. Somehow, it's giving him a sense of joy. He was always fond of cafes. Whenever he's at one, he finds himself relaxed and happy. Oh, how he loves the smell that coffee shops produces---the aroma of coffee being brewed, the freshly-baked pastries and sweets, the butter being melted on a bread. It was driving him to a frenzy. 

He looked around him and saw people, chatting over a cup of coffee. Some were reading a book and some preferred to be alone with their gadgets. He looked over the counter and there was Taehyun, holding a tray as he walks towards his direction. Upon seeing him, he immediately moved away the condiments, making space on the table for Taehyun to place the tray. 

"Here you go. A tall, mocha latte and a sugar-coated donut," Taehyun said as he places the drink on Jinwoo's side of the table.

"Oh, thanks," he said, smiling.

"As for me, a shot of espresso."

"You like that? Isn't it too strong?" Jinwoo asked, slightly uncomfortable of looking at the shot.

"Nope. Just the way I like it," he said as he winked at him.

"I see. Um, so, about earlier.."

"Right. Well.. those guys are my high school friends. We were kind of, you know, what you call 'bullies'," he said, smiling, not making any eye contact.

Jinwoo's both eyebrows raised. "A bully?"

Taehyun nodded as he barely smiles, stretching the sides of his lips slightly. "When I was in grade school, I was bullied for being 'too girly'. I had effeminate features and my classmates made fun of me because of that. I was alone in class and had no friends. I always went home crying. When I got on high school, I completely changed myself. I didn't want to be bullied anymore, so I became the bully. I made friends with those guys and picked on the weaker kids. We did it for the sake of having fun. There's even this kid in class who's really quiet and shy. He doesn't talk to anyone and just keeps to himself. Me and my friends made fun of him and didn't leave him alone. He even cried and begged us to stop.. But we didn't.. Later on, he transferred schools since he no longer can take it. I heard he even turned more introverted than he ever was." Taehyun chuckled. "We were such evil persons. People like us are scums in society."

Jinwoo stared at him, speechless. He wanted to console him, but he couldn't find the words to do so.

Taehyun laughed. "What? You hate me now? It's okay, I understand. You said you can't stand bullies, right?"

Jinwoo furrowed his eyebrows. "N-No. Of course not." He reached out for his hand and held it tight. "You've changed now, right? You're no longer like that, I can tell."

Taehyun chuckled. "..I.. I don't know."

Jinwoo leaned in closer, gripping his hand even more tight. "I saw you avoid those guys. It was obvious that you're no longer like them. Look, maybe you had a past that you really regretted, but what's important is the fact that you've changed. Forget about it because you're now the better person you've always wanted to be. That's what really matter, right?"

Taehyun paused and stared at him. He smiled as he reached out for Jinwoo's hand. He held it back tight, causing the deer-eyed man's cheeks to be tinted with a faint blush. 

"..Thank you," Taehyun said as he stares right into his eyes.

"O-Of course! It's no problem.." he said, avoiding eye contact.

Taehyun continued to stare into his eyes, making him feel extremely nervous. He faltered, unable to know what to do or how to act. He felt as if Taehyun's eyes were piercing right through him, exposing every bit of anxiousness inside him.

"Jinwoo.. You're so kind." he said in a serious manner, still holding onto his hand.

Jinwoo gulped. He immediately moves his hand away. "Uh.. T-Thank you. It doesn't matter, though. I'm always here if you have a problem."

"I see. Thank you," he said, smiling sweetly.

Jinwoo smiles back and continued to sip on his coffee. As he sips on it, he suddenly remembers something.

"Oh, right! We still haven't finished the tour," he said, already standing up.

"Oh.. Can't we stay a little longer? We'll continue it later."

"No, we have to do it now. We wasted a lot of time. We still need to go back to the studio and start practicing."

Taehyun scratched his eyebrow with his index finger. "I see. Can't help it, then."

Jinwoo nodded. "Let's go. Don't be nervous of your first day of training. Remember that I'm here. I'll always help you out."

"I'll be in your care from now on, then, Jinwoo Hyung," Taehyun said, grinning widely.

 

 

 

 



Apologies for the long wait, my lovely Kimnam shippers. I promise I'll update this as soon as next week! Thank you for supporting this fic 'til now!