Chapter 1

Facade

 

Taehyun leaned his back on the wall as he inhales the cigarette he has been smoking for the past few minutes. Each of the passerbys gives him a censorious stare, but he just ignores it and shows a deadpan expression. His hair swayed as the cold breeze passed by him. The weather was especially cold today. For that, his consumption of cigarette was a little bit more than usual. Usually, it takes just three sticks to satisfy him. But today, he almost finished a whole pack. He wouldn't admit it, but, the cold weather isn't the only reason for that---he also does it to calm himself down and ease the nervousness he was feeling.

His phone rang, signaling that it was almost time---time for him to go to his first day of training. Not wanting to be late, Taehyun immediately threw his cigarette on the ground and stepped on it. He ran his fingers through his hair and slicked it back on the side of his ear. As he prepared to walk, he rolled his neck back, side by side. He then closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"No turning back now," he said as he walked towards his car.

 

 


 

 

"Hyung, have you heard about the new guy coming here today?" Seungyoon asked as he strummed the strings of his guitar.

Jinwoo arched an eyebrow, moving away the mic he was holding. "New guy? No, I didn't hear anything about it. What's his name?"

"Cha.. Seungyoon stopped strumming his guitar. He squinted his eyes as he tries to remember something Seunghoon had said to him a while ago. "Cha.. Taehyun? I think that's his name?"

"Cha Taehyun?" he burst out laughing. "Isn't Cha Taehyun an actor?"

Seungyoon furrowed his eyebrows. "You're much worse. At least it's just his name I don't know. You, on the other side, don't even know that there's a new trainee assigned in our group. You're the worst."

Jinwoo rolled his eyes, smiling. "Shut up."

"Guys!" a voice echoed throughout the whole studio room.

Jinwoo and Seungyoon turned their heads on the door, where the voice was coming from, and saw a slim, tall man wearing a jacket over his baggy pants and a flashy pair of sneakers. 

"Oh, Seunghoon. What's up?" said Jinwoo.

Seunghoon didn't reply and just smiled. He walked a little bit further inside, making way for another person's entrance. He turned around and gestured someone to come inside. 

"Guys, I'm gonna introduce you to the new trainee," he said.

There a man was, entering through the door with a slight smile on his face. His eyebrows was a bit slanted, pointing up to his forehead. His hair was styled in a 90's fashion way---a bit long and parted in the middle. The clothes he's wearing was quite simple---a plain white t-shirt over a pair of skinny jeans. The man bowed as he introduced himself in a polite manner.

"Good afternoon. I'm the new trainee assigned for this group. I'm looking forward on working with all of you."

Jinwoo and Seungyoon stood up, abandoning the guitar and mic they were holding.

"Hello," they said in unison.

Seunghoon walked closer towards them, and Taehyun, following his lead, also did.

"Nice meeting you. I'm Seungyoon." he said while bowing.

Taehyun smiled and bowed. "I'm Nam Taehyun. Nice meeting you, too."

"Ah, so it's 'Nam'," Seungyoon chuckled, looking at Jinwoo.

Taehyun arched an eyebrow. "What about 'Nam'?"

Seungyoon laughed, scratching his head. "Nothing. We were just arguing about your name earlier."

"Oh, I see." he said, nodding. 

Taehyun then turned his attention to fidgeting man in front of him. Upon taking notice, Jinwoo gulped---nervous at the presence of a new face.

"H-Hello, I'm Kim Jinwoo.." he said, smiling awkwardly.

Taehyun paused and stared at him before responding.

What's with this weirdo?

He thought to himself as he observed Jinwoo fidget around, biting his lip and avoiding eye contact.

"N-Nice meeting you," Jinwoo said, bowing.

"Nice to meet you, too. I heard from Seunghoon hyung that you're the longest trainee here, right?" 

"..Yeah, that's right. What of it..?"

Taehyun smiled. "Would you mind showing me around, then?"

"M-Me..?"

"Yes. You're the most familiar with this place, right?"

Jinwoo nodded. "I suppose so.."

"It's settled, then." Seunghoon placed his hand on Jinwoo's shoulder. "He'll show you around."

 

 

 


Yay for the bad boy Taehyun! He he~

Sorry if it's too short, but, the next following chapters will be longer.

Thank you for reading!