ACT III

Casanova in Love

ACT III

AS COMPLICATED AS IT CAN GET

 

The sky is clear and the sun is shining brightly to the early goers - hinting that today might be an awesome day. The birds chirp as if they are singing a melodious song while the wind blew cold air just enough for you to enjoy its breeze. All of these will probably keep you in bed and nuzzle your face against your pillow as you crumble beneath your sheets. But despite of all this bed tempting condition, Kwon Yuri decided to be up in bed and leave her house as fast as she can.

 

It’s only fifteen minutes before seven o’clock but Yuri’s already standing outside her house, getting ready to go to class. She glances back at her window one last time, sadness evident in her eyes, before she breathes in deeply and let out all the air in her lungs, expelling all the anxiety that she has. She managed to smile weakly before uttering to herself,

 

“You can do this Yuri”

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

As usual Yuri arrived at their school at exactly seven o’clock am; she lazily placed her bag under her desk before she plopped her head down at her table to sleep. There isn’t a lot of student in their room yet and neither Taeyeon nor Sooyoung are one of them, so what else choice does she has but to sleep as she waits for her best friend’s arrival.

 

Soon enough the door opened revealing two girls joking and laughing with one another, they were too loud that despite Yuri’s sweet slumber, she woke up upon hearing one of the girl’s giggle when the other girl tries to imitate a famous gag from a television show. (that imitation could be found on this link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o6sJHACeVI) being as curious as ever, Yuri shot her head up and tries to see who the two persons are. To her surprise, it was Hara, their new classmate and Yoona.

 

Yuri watched as the two enter the classroom. Surprisingly, she caught Yoona laughing real hard that it somewhat reminded Yuri of an alligator.

 

“So you can laugh? Heck! An alligator laugh”Yuri smiled unconsciously just in time when Yoona turns to her direction. Yoona raises an eyebrow at Yuri, believing that the older girl is thinking of doing or saying something stupid again.

 

“Hey Yoona, I’ll just go to Ms. Lee’s office for awhile since my papers aren’t completely settled yet.”

 

“Sure. Send me a text message if you suddenly needs my help, okay Hara?”

 

“Okay. I’ll be seeing you later Yoona-yah” Hara waves goodbye to Yoona before she went out of the room.

 

Yoona then walks towards her seat which is situated just in front of Yuri’s. She can sense that the girl is still looking at her. As soon as she has taken her seat, Yuri turned her chair so that she’ll be sitting face-to-face with Yoona. She elbowed on Yoona’s desk as she lazily lets her head rest on her hand.

 

Being a known nerdy in class Yoona immediately brings out a thick book and started reading it while pretending that Yuri isn’t there.

 

“So Im, What’s up?”

 

“..........”

 

“Yoona”

 

“.........”

 

“Earth to Yoona!”

 

“........”

 

“HELOOOOOO!”

 

“Don’t get started with me Kwon. What do you want?”  Yoona finally responded but in a slightly annoyed tone. She slams her book at her desk, she’s absolutely pissed off right now. When she and Yuri would speak it would probably end up with the two having an argument and Yoona wasn’t in the mood for that right now.

 

“Are you and Hara-ssi really that close?”

 

Yoona is taken aback to Yuri’s question. Honestly, she’s thinking that Yuri would be saying something that could ruin her day. So now, she’s wondering what the girl really wanted for asking such question.

 

“Uh... Yeah”

 

“How come?”

 

“What do you mean by ‘How come?’ What are trying to imply? Are you trying to insult me or something?”

 

“Hey, easy tiger! What I mean to say is, how come the two of you are that close when Hara-ssi came from the U.S.? How did the two of you know one another?”

 

“Pffft. Since when did you become so nosy Kwon??”

 

“I don’t know. I’m just curious. That’s all” Yuri said innocently. “ So tell me. How did that happened?”

 

“Like i will tell you. In your dreams Kwon Yuri. Just turn your seat already. Can’t you see i’m trying to read a book?”

 

“I’ll do it if you’ll answer my question”

 

Yoona sighed in defeat. Of course that stupid Kwon wouldn’t give up easily.

 

“Fine! Just so you would stop bugging me I’ll tell you about it. Hara and I grew up together so basically we’re the best of friends but by the time we entered middle school, her family decided to migrate in the U.S. leaving me behind. We lost communication when my dad decided to send me here in Seoul to study. Luckily, her sister decided to come back here in Korea to start a business and Hara decided to tag along. Then she enrolled in our school. blah blah blah and here we are back with each other’s company”

 

“Oooh. So does it mean that she’ll be staying here for good?”

 

“Hmmmm. There’s a big possibility of that happening”

 

“Interesting” Yuri said smiling, or more like grinning.

 

“Hey! What do you mean by interesting? What are you planning to do?”

 

 

Yuri just shrugged her shoulders as she keeps that grin on her face.

 

“ Oh no! Oh No! No! No! Kwon Yuri! You can play with everbody’s heart but you will never ever mess with Hara’s. You’ll be getting through me first!”

 

Yuri just smiled at Yoona. It’s true that she and Yoona are always fighting about almost everything but this is the first time that Yuri saw the girl argue with her as she  tries to protect someone really important to her. So for the first time, Yuri just ignored Yoona’s rants as she turns her seat in front.

 

“Hey! I’m still talking to you! Don’t you dare turn your back on me Kwon Yuri! I’m dead serious about this one!”

 

Yuri turns her head innocently to the overly frustrated doe eyed girl. She tries not to grin because the truth is, she’s definitely enjoying seeing the girl fluster.

 

“You told me that I should turn my seat in front once you answered my question. You already answered it and I’m just keeping my word. But now you’re asking me to face you again. What do you really want Im?”

 

“You... Don’t..... Argh!.... Look... Never crossed that boundary. Stay away from Hara and we wouldn’t have a problem”

 

Yuri just shrugged her shoulders as she dropped her head again on her desk in order to sleep.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Wow! Is that really you Soo? Are you feeling okay? Maybe you’re sick?” Taeyeon said to Sooyoung as the girl placed her tray on their table, she only ordered pasta and a can of soda – a very untypical Sooyoung. Taeyeon tiptoed just so she can reach over the table. She placed the back of her hand on Sooyoung’s forehead, checking if the tall girl has fever.

 

“I’m alright Taeyeon. Don’t mind me. You’re exaggerating.  I’m just not in the mood to eat right now”

 

“Since when did you associate your mood into your eating habit? No matter what mood you are in, you will always be in the mood to eat. It’s the only thing that you do passionately”

 

“Whatever byuntae” Sooyoung said before she shifts her attention to her pasta. She’s not really in the mood to eat right now. She’s too busy thinking about the blonde girl that she met a few days ago. It’s already been a week since their last encounter and she haven’t seen the girl ever since. Lots of thoughts are running inside her mind right now:

 

Who is she? What’s her relationship with Tiffany? Why does it look like she hates Yuri? Why did she turn so cold when she found out that Yuri’s my bestfriend? When will I see her again? and Why the hell does she keeps on popping out of my mind?

 

“Interesting”

 

“Eh? What did you say Yul?” Taeyeon said while Sooyoung shifted her attention from her pasta to Taeyeon, then to Yuri but Yuri seems like she doesn’t heard Taeyeon at all.

 

“Very interesting”

 

The two just followed as to where Yuri is looking and they found four girls walking towards a table just across theirs. One of the girls caught the attention of Sooyoung and Taeyeon and upon the realization who that person is; the duo looks at one another and exchanged a grin.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

[YURI’S POV]

It’s only been a week since Yuri broke up with Tiffany; she was used to spending her entire day with the girl and the sudden change of routine bored her. She misses her company but she had no choice but to keep a distance away from her. She believes that Tiffany would be having a hard time moving on if she keeps on bugging her. Sooyoung and Taeyeon are her bestfriends, yes, but she feels more comfortable talking to Tiffany; with her they could talk almost about anything. Yuri only managed to sighed, the boredom is killing her. Especially now that even Sooyoung looks like she’s not in the mood. She wonders what’s bothering the tall shikshin.

 

By the time that Yuri sighed for the nth time, she spotted Hara, Yoona, Seohyun and Hyohyeon entering the cafeteria. She watched them as they walk to the counter. They seems like they are having a good time since Yuri saw Hara laughed so hard that she is already clutching her stomach as if trying to hold her laughter. She is laughing as to whatever is Hyohyeon and Yoona are saying. Seohyun on the other hand, just watch them as they goof around.

 

“Interesting” Yuri blurted out unconsciously. She was only about to say that in her head.

 

 

“Eh? What did you say Yul?”

 

“Very interesting”

 

Yuri saw the four girls sit on the table just across from theirs. Hara got teary eyed after laughing so hard to Yoona’s jokes; Hara noticed that Yuri is watching at them, they’re gazes locked. Yuri smiled at Hara warmly before waving at the girl. Hara answered by waving back and Yoona saw it. She tries to find as to whoever Hara is waving at and as soon as she find out who it was, her ‘alligator laugh turned into a frown. She sends deathly glares to Yuri as she raised a fist on thin air saying, ‘Don’t you ever think about it’.

 

Yuri saw it and chuckled at Yoona’s over protectiveness towards Hara. She quickly turns her attention back to her food. Taeyeon saw Yuri’s reaction and said,

 

“I KNEW IT!”

 

“Huh?” Yuri eyed Taeyeon questioningly as if the girl is nuts for suddenly shouting without any reason.

 

“I KNEW IT! i told you Soo; there’s no way that Yul will not noticed that newbie. Especially with a like hers. It’s a killer”

 

“What are you guys talking about?”

 

“Stop pretending Yul. You cannot fool us. You like her!” Sooyoung said as she wiggles her eyebrows.

 

“W-What?”

 

“You like Hara and you’re already making a move as to how you could win her heart. Right?”

 

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Taeyeon”

 

“Oh c’mon man. Spill it out already. We’re bestfriends. We deserved to know your plan. Right Soo?” Taeyeon said as she keeps on nudging Yuri’s shoulder.

 

“.......................”

 

“Yah! Sooyoung!”

 

“Huh? Sorry. What did you guys said?”

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

[SOOYOUNG’S POV]

Sooyoung is about to answer Taeyeon but something, or should I say someone caught her attention. It was Jessica. Sooyoung had been dying to see the girl for almost a week now but she always fails. She doesn’t know anything about her and the only place that she knows where she could see the girl again is in the school’s cafeteria. That is why when Jessica stepped inside the cafeteria; Sooyoung immediately spotted her and feels like the time stops the minute she laid her eyes on Jessica.

 

A smile escaped from Sooyoung when her and Jessica’s gaze met. Sooyoung feels that butterflies are starting to set up in her stomach once again but that feeling vanish instantly when the girl’s gaze turns to the person seating beside Sooyoung. Jessica is looking at Yuri and Sooyoung could swear that she could see hatred on the girl’s eyes. Before Sooyoung can even make her move to go where Jessica is, she saw Tiffany pulling the latter’s arm, forcing her to step out the cafeteria. And for the second time, Sooyoung felt the emptiness inside her once again when the ice princess is gone. Then a realization hit her.

 

I Think I like her but why does it looks like she hates me?

 

“Oh c’mon man. Spill it out already. We’re bestfriends. We deserved to know your plan. Right Soo?” Taeyeon said as she keeps on nudging Yuri’s shoulder.

 

I want to see her again

 

“Hey Sooyoung!”

 

“Huh? Sorry. What did you guys said?” Sooyoung’s thoughts just came back from the two people arguing in front of her. Though her thoughts are back, a little bit of sadness is evident in her eyes and since Taeyeon and Yuri knows her very well, that didn’t get away from them.

 

“You okay Soo?” Yuri said as she releases Taeyeon’s head under her armpit.

 

“You know you can tell us anything”

 

Yuri and Taeyeon said worriedly

 

“It’s nothing don’t worry about me. It’s just that I’m really confused right now”

 

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Do you guys happen to know a girl named Jessica?”

 

“Omo! So it’s a girl problem!” Taeyeon said surprisingly but a visible grin can be seen on her face.  Let’s just say that Byuntae is on its way.  “Tell me how does she looks like? Is she pretty? Does she has a cute like Hara? Or does she have big – “

 

“Shut up Tae. Sooyoung is nothing like you” Yuri said as she hit the older girl on the head.

 

“Why? What’s the problem with that? I’m just asking” Taeyeon rubbed the spot where Yuri had hit her. She pouted and she looks like a puppy being kicked.

 

Yuri just rolled her eyes after seeing the sight, “Whatever. Just shut up and let me do the talking. So Soo, you’re asking us if we know someone whose name is Jessica, right?”

 

Sooyoung nodded

 

“Is it Jessica Jung?”

 

“I’m not really sure. All I know is her name and that’s it”

 

“If you’re talking about Jessica that has blonde hair and an icy glare, then I’m pretty sure that the Jessica that you’re talking about is Jessica Jung”

 

So Yuri knows her but why does Jessica hates Yuri?

 

“Is she you’re.....ex-girlfriend?”

 

“What?! Are you kidding me?! Of course not! That girl hates me to the bones” Yuri said, raising both her hands as if Sooyoung’s question burnt her.

 

“If she’s not your ex-girlfriend then who is she? Why does she hates you so much?”

 

“If she’s not Yuri’s ex then maybe Yuri dumped her or something” Taeyeon butted in

 

Yuri glares at Taeyeon, giving her a didn’t-I-told-you-to-shut-up look before she gets back to Sooyoung.

 

“Jessica is Tiffany’s bestfriend and she didn’t like the idea of the two of us dating because of my reputation. She even told me that she’ll hunt me down if I made Tiff cry. And right now, I’m 101% sure that she’s already building schemes on how she will kill me”.

 

“Aren’t you exaggerating a bit?” Sooyoung said. She couldn’t believe what she’s hearing. Jessica? icy glare? Killing Yuri? That’s not The Jessica that she met a week ago, at least not before the girl find out that she is Yuri’s bestfriend.

 

“No I’m not. She’s as cold as an ice. If you like her then better stop it now. She had dumped a dozen of guys and girls already and they we're dumpred real bad. So if i were you, I'll be staying away from her nas early as now.” Yuri said. She can feel the hair in her back stands as she remembers how Jessica glares at her.

 

“I don’t think I can do that Yul”

 

“Huh? Why not?”

 

“You know me. Nothing can scare Choi Sooyoung. If it’s really true that she’s an ice princess. Then I will melt her ice and make her fall in love with me” Sooyoung said amusingly.

 

“Hmmm. Excuse me?” Taeyeon said in a low tone as she raised her hand to get the attention of the two.

 

“What is it Tae” Sooyoung is the one who answer her this time

 

“Can I speak now?”

 

Yuri face-palmed herself while Sooyoung laughed as she grabbed Taeyeon by the head and ruffled her hair. She suddenly feels happy after knowing what Yuri’s real relationship with Jessica is. She understands now why the girl seems to hate her; it’s because she’s friends with Yuri, who happens to break Tiffany's heart and as dumb as Jessica's reason is can be, Sooyoung couldn't help but feel glad about it.

 

So Jessica is sending me cold glares becasue she hates me. She hates me because i'm friend's with Yuri but it's just like an indirect anger. So for the record, she doesn't really hates me

 

Choi Sooyoung's logic is started running inside her head and as soon as she feels like she'll be able to win this one out, a grin escape from her lips as she says,

 

"Get ready Jessica Jung because Choi Sooyoung is finally on its way to winning your heart"

 

 

[A/N]

Welcome new readers and sebcribers. You guys multiplies so fast and it makes me hyped to write and finish this update fast. Thanks for all the comments btw, it really motivated me to finish this update before examinations comes up. i'm not very particular when it comes to comments but if you guys really want me  update fast then i recommend that you do leave a comment. even a simple 'hwaiting' will do. LOL! i'm not blackmailing you guys okay? its just to keep me motivated. cheeky

So that's it. hope you like it. Next chapter would be about Taeyeon and the mysterious girl and of course about yoonyul.

 

and by the way. exams are coming up next week which means i'll be too busy to post the next chapter immediately.  if i'll be on the mood to write then expect the update hmmmm maybe sunday next week?