Teaser #1

The Plot

Flickering shadows are cast on the walls of the small room, lit only by a small lavender-scented candle. Only a minor portion of the room is visible - the rest is shrouded by darkness. The absence of the moon is prominent in the equally dark night sky, visible through the window next to the bookshelf. The air, tinted with dust, is filled with the sounds of whispering cloth. A long black pen flurries over a clean sheet of paper, inking it in with words as swiftly as the hand gripping the pen moves across it. Isabella, clothed in her thin robe, is deep in thought as she scribbles away.

Pausing in her writing, she looks up and out of the window, her pen flying up to her lips. While nibbling on the cap of the pen, Isabella's black eyes roam around the room restlessly, searching for a source of inspiration among the scenes in her vision. Only one thought has been running through her mind since her cousin had planted it there. She would never forget the younger girl's amused expression - the eyes filled with mischief and innocence, quirked up into a smile - as she suggested that ridiculous idea.

That very ridiculous idea, is the cause of Isabella's hurried, flustered behavior.

Suddenly, she catches sight of a book's title, and launches herself across the room to bring it to the light.

'Seoul Directory, 2009'

It's old and outdated, but still it will serve her purpose. Streets can't have changed much over the course of one-and-a-half years. Isabella's fingers flip through the pages with an almost frantic pace. Having finally found the page she is looking for, she leans back - only to swing herself back over to her desk on her moveable chair. Her scribbling resumes.

After almost half an hour of continuous writing, she leans back and allows herself the reprieve of a stretch. She smiles with satisfaction. Yawning, she picks up the stack of notes and ties them together with a long string. She is proud of herself, with due reason. Her plan is set - and all she needs is a group of companions to assist her. Everything will be flawless, as long as she finds the right people.

But whom shall she choose? Restless, her fingers tap out a uniform rhythm on the wooden tabletop as her mind whirls again. The lavender scent fills her nose, immediately calming her. She lets out a contented sigh, her mind still reeling towards a solution.

"Ah," she remarks, a sound that pierces the silence that had ensued after she put down her pen. Her sleeves whisper as she moves across the room to switch on her computer. She has a solution, and a few emails to send.

After sending out the short message, she closes the window and admires her wallpaper. The sweetly smiling face of her lover stares back at her, his eyes filled with happiness. She lifts a finger to trace his jawline, a ridiculous smirk tweaking her lips.

"Don't worry, my sweetheart, Joonie," she trills. "I'll have you with me soon..."

She switches off the monitor an leans back in her chair, her long, wavy hair nearly touching the floor as she does so. Isabella shakes her head once, freeing the hair that had been glued to her neck which had been increasing her feeling of discomfort in the stuffy room. As it peels away from the back of her neck, she sighs with relief. Cracking her knuckles, she relaxes back into the chair. A pencil clutched in her hand makes it's way to her sheet of hair, and she winds it up into a bun. Finally cool and comfortable, she stops moving and slips into a daydream. A daydream that is too good to be true... A dream that she is determined on making a reality.

At that moment, a strong bass fills the room, followed by a short burst of voice in song. Isabella jerks out of her chair and picks up her phone, opening it just as the chorus to MBLAQ's Y finishes. She hits the button to open her inbox, and smiles widely at the message.

'I'll get you a few people. Be ready in four days. Mind telling me what this is about?'

Her smile worms it's way back onto her face as she jots in a reply: 'You'll see.'

 

 

A/N: Hi everyone! Okay, so I miiiight be shifting a few of you around in the story to make it seem more sensible and to let the story flow better. Once again, check if your name is up there in Chapter 1. If you are, you can be sure that I know about your character and will include them somewhere in this story. 

About love interests: So many of you have the same love interests... *sighs* I'm not going to tell you personally who you end up with, since the priority goes to the main characters. After that, it's on a first-come-first-serve basis. So if you don't get the love interest of your choice, I'm sorry. Really.

Special note: This chapter has been updated in honour of LoveLikeLucifer. It's her birthday today.

Dear Lolly,

Happy Birthday! Here's the second part of your present. I only just met you when you applied for my fanfiction, but honestly, you're an amazing friend already. Hope you have a wonderful birthday today! :D:D:D:D And I hope you get lots and lots of presents! HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNNIE!

Love, 

Ces ♥

And the rest of you out there! Go read Maxime High: Remora!!!