002 [Joined Chapter]

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story [choose your own adventure]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

002.

‘Finally, there she was’ Jamie thought as soon as her best friend Misa followed the grannies and grandpas out of the exit. “Hiii” Jamie cheered excitedly greeting her friend welcoming her with a big teddy hug. “Unnie?!” Misa cheered more than happy to see her too. “It’s so good to see you again” Jamie smiled with no ends happy enough that her long flight and the long waiting in general was over. “Gosh it’s been too long hasn’t it?” she chuckled despite it being two years she last saw her best friend that felt like a lifetime. Misa shrugged thinking the exact same thing when she looked at Jamie. “You kidding me?” she started. “Two years is way too long. But the more I am excited for this trip. I still can’t believe my mom approved of me going”. Jamie laughed knowing exactly how worried Misa’s mom could be, but she couldn’t blame her for that. The world was filled with too many crazies. She had all the right reasons to be concerned. “I am so glad she did. There is no way I would have gone on this trip without you”. “Good because I would be really upset and hurt if you did anyways” Misa shrugged pushing her glasses back up her nose. “Just kidding” she continued waving her hands around. “I don’t want to miss the fun. I have a feeling this will be an unforgettable summer” she added resting her hands on the big pink suitcase in front of her. “Definitely” Jamie nodded in agreement. “But please I warn you. Don’t hate me for my clumsiness okay?” she chuckled taking off her leather jacket. It was way too hot despite of the cool breeze the airconditioning was blowing through the airport. “Well then, if you’re ready to go, let’s pick up our car” Jamie cheered trying to remain just excited as she was before all the waiting, but unfortunately for her feeling tired was a little more dominant.


Dragging the suitcases that felt heavier than when they left from home somehow, both Jamie and Misa headed to the rental car shop that was just outside of the exit of the airport on the left. A bell chimed as soon as two amiga’s entered alerting the employee sitting behind the desk looking somewhat startled. “How can I help you?” the man behind the desk wearing a striped sleeveless shirt with a navy blue tie smiled while he straightened himself. “Oh hi” Jamie smiled tucking her hair behind her ear. “I am here to pick up a car I rented for today?” she informed the man placing all the possible reservation papers she had printed out on the counter for him to see. Misa and Jamie both exchanged glares thinking the exact same thing while the young man nervously grabbed the papers and checked everything possible in their database. This guy definitely was not confident at what he was doing. Possibly an intern? “Miss Jamie Parker?” he asked moving his eyes between Misa and Jamie wondering who was who. Jamie raised her hand “Now that must be me” she sing songed ready to make Misa burst out in laughter, but she managed to hold it in like a champion. “Can I have your passport and drivers license please?” the guy continued looking more nervous than he already did as if he knew you knew he was a newbie and struggling. Jamie nodded digging into her purse looking for her drivers license putting them on the counter. “One moment please” the young smiled nervously sitting back down behind the counter doing the necessary to verify while Misa was playing with her hair twirling it around her index finger out of boredom when Jamie was just staring in front of her daydreaming.

“There you go” the man smiled giving Jamie her documents back along with a sheet of paper with the bill on it that she already paid with her credit card as soon as she booked her trip. “Here’s the key the car. Let me inform you that you can drop this car off at any of our associated locations in the country as soon as you complete your rental”. Jamie nodded that she understood. “I will only need this car today, but thank you” she added trying to make it less awkward for the intern. “Alright. My assistant will guide you to your car that is in our garage at this airport if that is okay?” the man asked while he informed the two o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter