nine

Kill Me With The Truth

- Your POV –

“Woah!!! It smells like heaven here” I heard someone’s voice as they entered the house.

Then they came as if their noses guided them into the kitchen as if the smells lifted them off their feet like those old cartoons.

“Woah! It smells better than Jin’s cooking” Hoseok said.

“I’m right here” Jin said as he hit Hoseok on the head.

“Where is Yoongi?” Namjoon asked.

“I think he is crying at the kitchen table” Jin said.

“I’m not crying. These damn onions are making my eyes sweat” he shouted.

We all laughed.

“Taehyung-ah can you set the table” Jin asked as he gave him a stack of dishes.

As he went to set the dishs, Jungkook came into the kitchen.

“Noona. . . ” I waited for him to continue but he only scratched his head and smiled “Never mind. Hyung I’m going to go get drinks from the store down the street”

“I’ll go with you Kookie!” Jimin shouted as he ran toward the door.

Dinner was almost done. I told Jin to go to the living room while I watched the food. I was alone in the kitchen. I saw them sitting on the couch comfortably.

It reminded me of my friends. We used to cook together, and I would always stay behind to make sure nothing burned while they sat in the living room watching a show.

They were watching a new episode of Running Man. I heard their deep laughs and it made me smile. I leaned against the counter top. I didn’t realize that I was on the floor until I felt the cool tile underneath me.

I was just staring at the floor. I felt a single tear escape my eye. I wiped it with my hand.

“Why are you crying?” I asked myself. But when I questioned myself, I began to cry more.

“Are you okay?” A sudden deep voice said.

The voice startled me. “Oh Taehyung-ah” I said as I quickly wiped my tears away and I stood up.”Yeah I’m just fine” I said

“You’re lying”

I avoided looking into his eyes.

“Guys I’ll be right back” he said as he grabbed my arm.

I thought he was passive and quite, but my perception of him quickly changed when he pulled me outside by force. He walked outside the house to the garden.

“Taehyung-ah stop” I said as I tried to pull my hand away. “Let go”

Just then, I felt my free hand being pulled in the opposite direction. I was pulled back and pulled forward by Taehyung.

“She said let go” someone said.

“Daehyun?” I said

“She said let go” he repeated as he pulled Taehyung’s hand from mine. “What are you doing Taehyung-ah?”

“Hyung it’s not what it looks like” he answered.

“Really because it looks like you were forcedly dragging her away” Daehyun stated.

“Ye. . yes because. . because she. . . she was crying. I was . . .  I was going to” he studded. Then he left.

Taehyung went back inside the house.

“Is this true, were you crying?” Daehyun asked me.

“Well. . .” I started but I was embarrassed that I was caught. I finished with a nod.

“Why? Did they do something to you”

“No they didn’t do anything” I answered.

“What’s going on?”

“Nothing”

“Then why were you crying”

I didn’t want to talk. Instead I tried to get pass him to go home, but he blocked my path.

I was getting frustrated that he wouldn’t let me pass so I began hitting his chest, but he held my hands in place. I could feel the tears swell up in my eyes. Then he pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight.

“I miss them. I miss them so much” I cried as I finally gave into him. There was no use of hiding it. “I miss Hakyeon. I miss Taekwoon. I miss Jaehwan. I miss Wonsik. I miss Sanghyuk. But I miss Hongbin most of all”

I as continued to cry I felt him tighten his arms around me. He patted my back.

“Why couldn’t I have died with them. I should have died with them.” I cried as I started fall to the floor.

“Don’t talk about nonsense. Hongbin wouldn’t like to hear that. He would want you to live” he guided me to the floor with his arms still around me.

“I would have been happier. Instead, I’m here”

“Do you not like living with them?”

“No, I did like living with them. They help fill the empty void that was burned in my heart. They can’t replace them but at least they are able to fill the small holes.”

“It’s okay.” He patted my back. “You shouldn’t keep these emotions bottled up inside. You have me here to talk with. Promise me that you won’t hide your emotions”

I nodded. “I promise.” Then Daehyun stood up and stretched out his hand and waited for me to grab hold of it. He pulled me up.

“Why are you here?” I asked as I realized that he appeared out if no where.

“What can’t your big brother come visit you”

“My oppa can come visit me whenever he wants” I smiled. “Do you want to stay for dinner?”

“I really shouldn’t. I have work tomorrow. I just wanted to check up on you. But if you want to repay me for that one day you didn’t pay me. . ”

“That wasn’t my fault you left. How did you even leave without anyone noticing you?”

“Through the window. So how about it, bubble tea and pizza?”

“Make it ramyun and we have a deal” I smiled.

“Okay. Let’s go” he said as he put his arm around me. I quickly texted Jin that I was going out with a friend and that they should eat without me.

– Taehyung POV-

“You’re so stupid Taehyung. Why did I get mad? Why did I just pull her? Why am I an idiot?” I was thinking as I entered the house.

“Hey Tae have you seen (y/n)?” Hoseok asked.

“She went out, and she met a friend. I guess he came to come visit her”

“Who was it” Namjoom asked.

“Daehyun”

“Jung Daehyun” Yoongi asked.

I nodded.

“How does she know him?” Jin asked.

I shrugged.

“Well they did work in the same office building” Namjoon answered.

“Hey what’s going on, where is noona?” Jungkook said as he entered.

“Was she not outside” I asked.

“She left with a man. I saw her walking with him down the street” Jimin answered as he put the bags down.

“Oh she texted me. She said she’s going to spend the evening with him” Jin said.

“She texted you and not me!” Jungkook shouted as he practically jumped over the table to look at Jin’s phone.

“Well she said not to wait up, so let’s eat dinner” Jin said as he begun serving the food.

-Your POV-

We ate ramyun and had our bubble teas in our hands as we walked to the small park by the house. We unconsciously walked to the swings.

“Daehyun-ah”

“mmm”

“How do you know Taehyung?”

“You know how I’m a rookie back at the station”

“Yeah”

“Well I wasn’t a rookie. I joined the force with Hongbin since we are the same age, I’m older of course. But I started at a different station, the place where you work now. I used to be part of Namjoon’s team.”

“Ah so you know all of them already. Then why didn’t you want m me to live with them?”

“I don’t want you to live with them because well we don’t have a good relationship between us”

“What happened?”

“I was a bad influence to everyone except Seokjin”

“Daehyun oppa a bad influence. I believe that. No wonder Hongbin didn’t like me hanging with you” I laughed.

“What?! I changed. When did I badly influence you?” He said astonished.

“Well that time when you invited me to lunch I didn’t take my phone and there was an armed man inside, that time where you made me jaywalk, that time when you got me lost in the maze, that time where you practically kidnapped me on my day off. Haha Hongbin freaked out and I got in so much trouble because of you”

“Okay maybe I am a bad influence” he laughed.

“Yeah but every time I’m with you I have a lot of fun”

“I have fun with you too” then he laughed.

“What’s so funny?”

“Because I think of you as my little sister”

“And I think if you as my big brother”

“It’s funny since we act like siblings although we aren’t. We both are orphans.”

“But we orphans have to stick together. Maybe we should make a club”

“Club Orphan”

“Yeah and Taehyung can join too. We can be the tree musketeers”

“With cool fancy mustaches”

“Yeah! That would be so cool!”

We laughed.

“Daehyun”

“mmm”

“Have you ever thought of your real parents?”

“Yeah. But is it strange that I have no feelings toward them. I don’t even know if they abandon me or if they died, and I don’t even care. I lived a . . . good life without them so why should I care”

“No it’s not strange because I feel the same way. Today I spent the day with Jin and he asked me about my car accident. I couldn’t answer him how it happened”

“You don’t know how it happened?”

“Nope. I don’t remember anything about it except the things Hongbin told me about it.”

“Well it should be in the police records. We can look at it if you want”

“Okay.” As I finished the last drop of the bubble tea I started thinking about my past. “Ever since Hongbin died I have been having dreams about that movie you said, the one with the four kids. But I have also been thinking about my past. I never bothered about my past because I had Hongbin and he was mg future and present. But now that he’s gone, I don’t have anything but my past, so I’ve been curious about my memories before I met Hongbin”

“Those memories are still in there” he said as he tapped my head. “You just have to work to retrieve them”

“Maybe I should start getting my memories back”

“And I’ll help you if you want”

“You’re the best” I said.

“Look at the time! Don’t you have work tomorrow!” He said as he looked at his phone.

“I do! I forgot! I always lose track of time when I’m with you” I said as I got up.

“I’ll take you home”

“I’m sorry. You live so far away and you won’t get enough sleep”

“Don’t worry, I told you Yongguk hyung lives he. I’ll stay at his place and he can drive me to work tomorrow”

I hugged him goodbye and walked to the front door. I didn’t bring the keys since I was being dragged outside by Taehyung. I didn’t want to ring the doorbell. Then I remembered there was a key under the flower-pot.

I walked inside and the lights were all off. They were all asleep, well it was late.

I gently walked to the stairs.

“Where were you?” a voice said behind me.

I turn around to see Taehyung walking up the stairs with his eyes closed. He was sleepwalking.

“Taehyung-ah you scared me.” I said as I got behind me to guide him to his room.

“Where did you go?”

“I was with a friend”

“It is so late”

“Yes I know I’m sorry”

“Don’t go”

“I won’t”

“Goodnight”

“Goodnight Taehyung-ah”

Once he was in his room I slipped into my own room. I had my back against the door. Then a faint smiled creeped onto my face.

He was worried about me.

I changed into my pajamas and went to bed.

-Daehyun POV-

“Who do you know Taehyung?”

Should tell her the truth? No. She should never know about the truth. The truth would kill her.

After I explained to her I couldn’t stop but feeling guilty. Guilty because I told her that I would help her gain her memories back. I’ll help her remember the false memories, the memories that I want her to remember, memories of happiness.

When I discovered that the house belonged to Taehyung and his friends it scared me. I didn’t want her to live in that house with them, especially Taehyung. The reason why I didn’t want her to live in that house wasn’t because I didn’t trust them; it was because she was near Taehyung.

Taehyung isn’t dangerous. Well not to his full extent like before. Fortunately, he also forgot his childhood memories just like her. He doesn’t remember the horrors we went through.

I am just scared that it they are together that they will remember their memories.

Let’s hope not.

They shall never remember.

 

***

Hello :D I'm back for today

What!?!?! Daehyun knows Taehyung?!?!

What does that mean? 

next chapter should be a little more interesting

should I upload it today too. . . I feel like I'm spoiling

I don't care xD I'm just as exicted posting as you are reading

well I need to write my final draft for my english essay

why can't I have a creative free write in my english class

oh right because my english teacher is EVILL

thank you for reading <3