eight

Kill Me With The Truth

- Hongbin POV –

“(y/n), I’m sorry. . . I’m so sorry. . . I love you” I muttered in my sleep.

“Hyung wake up!” Someone said as I was being shaked.

My eyes opened and I saw Sanghyuk half- at my bed side.

“What?” I said with a husky voice.

“Shut up! You keep mumbling in your sleep” he said as he walked back to his bed.

“Sorry Hyuk” I said.

I turned in my bed. I closed my eyes yet my dreams were the source of my fears. I grabbed my pillow and hugged it tight.

“This isn’t the same” I said to myself as I tossed to the side. The pillow was soft, but the pillow wasn’t warm nor did it has her scent.

I missed her. I needed her. I wanted her.

“You’re not the only one who lost her, you know” Hyuk said aloud.

“I know” I told him.

“It was for the better. She’ll be okay, she’s a strong, brave girl” he said.

“I know”

I turned and turned in my bed unable to find a comfortable position. I couldn’t sleep. I laid back to stare at the ceiling.

It was just yesterday when I went to visit her at the hospital. The doctor said she would be just fine and all she needed was some rest.

I did it to protect her, but I ended up hurting her. I’m not an important person. She doesn’t need me. However, she meant the world to me.

***
-Your POV-

“Bye noona! See you later!” Jungkook said as he waved while he was running toward school.

“Bye Jungkook!” I yelled after him, he smiled even bigger.

“It looks like you like Jungkook” Jin said as he pulled into the street.

“Me? He’s like a little brother” I said with a smile.

“Is your brother like that?”

“Oh I don’t have a brother. I don’t even have a family to remember” I said.

“What do you mean”

“I have parents obviously, but I have absolutely no memory of them”

“No memories of your family?”

I nodded.

“Why? What happened?”

“I lost all of my memories in a car accident”

“Really?”

“Yeah. The funny thing was that Hongbin found me and ever since then we were inseparable” I laughed.

“Who is Hongbin?”

“Oh. . . he was my fiancée” I said

“Was?”

“Yeah. He recently passed away a few weeks ago” I said. I felt my throat become dry.

“I’m so sorry” Jin said as he tried to comfort me.  “I’ll stop talking”

I laughed. “It’s okay. I feel comfortable talking with you” I smiled “I haven’t really talked to anyone about it since he was my best friend along with his friends.”

“Well it is safe to talk to me. I am good at keeping secrets. How did you met Hongbin?”

“Like I said he was the one to find me at car accident. I don’t remember the car accident at all but apparently it erased my entire memory.”

“Oh really? What happened?”

“Hongbin was riding his bike when he found me. He quickly came to my rescue. He stayed with me the entire time. He said that I even reached for his hand and said ‘Don’t leave me’ to him as if I knew him.

He said he has never seen me in his life, but he stayed with me. He stayed with me until recently. He left me alone in a world that was still a stranger to me.

“Do you know what was the cause of the accident?”

“I’m not sure.” I answered surprised that I never knew the cause of it.

“Well it is for the better, I guess. Have you ever tried to retrieve your memories back?”

“Nope. I never wanted them back”

“Why is that?”

“Well I didn’t see a point to it anymore. After the accident, Hongbin took me home with him.” I laughed.

“It’s natural instinct to not to trust strangers, but I felt safe with him as if he was my best friend who I’ve known for years. He enjoyed my company, and I enjoyed his company.” I smiled as a began to remember our time together.

“It wasn’t long until we realized that we were in love” I said as I felt a tear fall down. “I realized then that my old life wouldn’t matter, and I rather create new memories with him”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you cry” Jin said as he handed me a tissue that appeared from no where.

“It’s okay. It’s nice to talk about him with someone. . . it eases the pain a little” I said as a wiped my tears.

We got out of the car and headed into the super market. I felt like a little kid following her mom since I was pushing the cart while Jin inspected each food package and either put it back or placed it in the cart.

“Don’t we need to get Jimin’s honey butter chips” I reminded him.

“Ah and Yoongi’s shaving cream too. What does that baby-faced kid need that for. He can’t even grow a mustache if his life depended on it. Well Taehyung does need it too” Jin said as he looked through the several brands of shaving cream.

When Jin mentioned Taehyung, it reminded me of last night when Jimin brought him up. I noticed that he didn’t talk much except to ask to pass the food. He reminded me of Taekwoon, who has a hard time expressing his feelings.

However, Taekwoon has always been like that since he was younger, his mom would say. Meanwhile, Taehyung turned that way.

He creeped me out, yet his level of creepiness dwindled when he said ‘goodnight’ to me last night. He wasn’t a cold shell. There must still be a part of the real him inside him.

“How long has he been like that?”

“Who? Oh Taehyung? I think its been like since September last year I think”

“Oh so it was recent. Do you know what happened to him?”

“Well he took a trip, I think he went hiking, and when he returned he became ill. We thought it was just a bug bite that made him sick and it would pass, but he was getting worse each day. He refused to go to the hospital. Then one day he disappeared without leaving a note. He came back in mid October.”

“Do you think we should eat soup for dinner” he stopped to ask me. I nodded. “Chicken or beef?”

“Chicken”

“Okay” he put the beef back and the chicken in the cart. “He was gone for two weeks. He came back better than before. However, something was different. He was more serious than his usual self”

Jin stopped and turned around, “I want to make stir fry tomorrow so I should bring the beef too” he said as he walked back to the meats.

“And he never said what happened while he was away?”

“Nope. We didn’t ask. He probably went on vacation at a spa or something”

“Maybe he went to visit his family”

“Family. That poor kid doesn’t have a family. He’s an orphan.” Jin said nonchalantly.

“It seems like everyone is an orphan” I muttered under my breath.

“What do you mean?”

I was surprised that Jin even heard me. “Well Taehyung is an orphan. My friend is an orphan. My fiancée was an orphan. And I am an orphan.”

“Well I’m not an orphan, we can share my mom” he smiled because the mood was depressing. “And we can be your family too”

As Jin paid for the groceries, I waited at the other end. So Taehyung was an orphan just like me. I smiled, I thought it was funny that we all became dectives.

People who find the criminals, people who spend days trying to solve a case, yet we never tried to find our real parents. Once they left us, our memories of them disappeared, wishing to never know our origins.

-Taehyung POV –

“So what do you guys think about her” Jimin asked as he leaned back in his chair and throwing a ball in the air.

“I think she’s nice” Hoseok answered.

“I think you’re a simpleton” Jungkook said as he entered. “Sup guys. Class finished early” he said as he took his seat in the corner desk.

“What does young master Jungkook think of her?” Hoseok asked.

“I think she is an angel sent from the high heavens”

“Aye~” Jimin, Namjoon, and Hoseok said simultaneously.

“What?” He said as if he was surprised by their reaction.

“You say that about all your noonas” Namjoon said. “Maybe she doesn’t like dongsaengs, maybe she prefers and oppa. Her fiancée was older than her by three years”

“She was engaged?! Did she marry? Why did he leave her? Or did she leave him?” Jungkook curiously asked.

“I heard that she killed him because she caught him cheating on her” some random person said.

“Woah! Our tean mate a murder?” Hoseok said flabbergasted.

“Yah! Why are you about your new team-mate behind her back!” A man yelled from behind me.

Once we saw him we rose to our feet quickly. It was Commissioner Byun.

“Please tell me that I need a hearing check because I did not just hear my top team talk badly of a star pupil of mine”

“No, sir” we answered

“Good. I see her as my daughter so if any of you hurt her, I will hunt you down.”

“Yes sir”

“Well then carry on with your work” he said before he left.

“You can ask her those questions when you see her” Namjoon said in an angry tone as he went back to work.

“Jimin hyung started it” he whined

Jimin didn’t respond. He only had a small smirk on his face. “Namjoon brought up her fiancée” Jimin fired.

“Fine it is my fault. Let’s move on”

As the day went on, not much happened. Hoseok and Namjoon were still finding clues about a hit and run case last week. The suspect is nowhere to be found.

Meanwhile Jimin was playing around with Jungkook since he let me do all the work, I was done, but it would have been nice if he offered to help.

I was done with work and we had half an hour left of work before we were able to go home. The Republic of South Korea. . Police Database. . . it had everything from every suspect, to every criminal, to every police officer.

I began to grow curious.

J. . . u . . . n . . . g (slowly types y/n)

-enter-

The page is loading slowly. Why was I even curious?

“Hyung what are you doing!” Jungkook shouted behind me.

I was surprised and I  quickly exited out of the database and turned off the screen in a swift millisecond.

“Were you looking at. . . ” he looked around “yadong” he whispered in my ear.

I didn’t answer him.

“Hyung you have to share” he said as he tried to turn the screen back on.

I tried to keep his hands away, but he is surprisingly strong for his slight frame.

Then he the screen. I was getting nervous because what if it didn’t close down properly. What will I say? Ah damn my curiosity.

Then the screen appeared.

On the screen was a shopping network.

I sighed in relief.

“Hyung are you buying me a gift?” He asked innocently. “My birthday isn’t until September.” Then he proudly walked away. “Hyung I like gold and diamond watches”

I was glad that he didn’t see me looking her up.

I shut down the computer. I turned off the screen, and got up. I pushed my chair in and walked toward the door. However, I saw that Jungkook was returning with a confused face.

I looked at him.

“Hyung you weren’t buying a present for (y/n), right?” He asked.

I didn’t answer him.

“Right, hyung” he asked again. “Hyung you can’t win people over with giving them gifts. Unless it is me of course”

“Let’s go home Kookie” I said as I put my arm around his shoulder

“Ew gross don’t call me Kookie, I’m not a cookie to be called Kookie” he said as he took my arm off of him. “although I am as sweet as one and I’m cute enough to be eaten. . . but still don’t call me Kookie. I don’t like it”

“Get in the car” I said as I pushed him into the car.

 

***

I'm back!!!!! Did you miss me?!

no. . . Okay i'll just leave again

So I'm back and I have writen while I was gone 

in fact I wrote to chapter 13!!!!

Chapter 11, 12 gave me chills as i wrote the ending

it makes me kinda sad that i went that route

but I like it. Well I hope you enjoy this chapter

I'm posting chapter 9 later today so please wait

thank you for waiting and reading

comment, upvote, and share

gamsamida