Love.

Love, Pain, It's the same

There they are again. Him and his girlfriend. Every single day, I woke up to them flirting. Every single day, I fell asleep listening to him talking about her. Every single day, I'm hurt over and over again. I felt tears welling up in my eyes as I watched them being all sweet and lovey with each other. That's it, I had enough. I looked away and stood up. The other members in the room looked up at me, all except him. He was too absorbed in his own little world that he had built with his girlfriend to notice me. My heart ached again as I looked down and walked quickly to my room. The other members were calling out my name as they wondered what was wrong with me but I ignored them and continued walking to my room. 

Tears flowed down my face as I locked the door. I lied down on my bed and faced the ceiling. Then, the memory of the day when I met him started playing in my mind. 

~Flashback~ 

I watched as the other members crowd around the leader of the group. He has never been to the practice room with us before and I have never seen him before but it seemed as though it was the opposite to the other members. They were chatting way too loudly when I heard myself being mentioned.  

"Where is this "scary member" that you guys have been telling me about?" the leader asked.  

I couldn’t even see his face as the other members were definitely taller than him. The other members have been avoiding contact with me ever since we met each other, talking to me only about the choreography of the songs. I didn’t know why at first until I overheard them talking about how scary and intimidating I seem when I came back from the toilet. 

Suddenly, the other members moved away and pointed at me. I looked in between them and saw a guy with the longest neck I've seen so far and one of the most beautiful faces I've seen. He had tanned skin, black hair and was dressed in all black. I saw his eyes travel to me as it lighted up in excitement when he saw me. Then, he started walking towards me.  

"Be careful hyung." I heard Hyuk say but he ignored him and within a second, he was right in front of me. 

"I don’t know why the others are so afraid of you but I feel at ease when I first saw you." he said as soon as he locked eyes with me. 

That sentence immediately put a smile on my face as it has been a while since I actually felt like I fitted in. 

"I'm Hakyeon and I heard we are of the same age. Let's be friends!" he exclaimed in joy and excitement.  

Hakyeon. That's a nice name. 

"Taekwoon." was all I said. 

Then, he hugged me by surprise. The other members gasped in horror as they knew I hated people touching me but instead of pushing him away and telling him to never touch me again, I hugged him back. I don’t know why but with him, I felt different, I felt comfortable, like I could tell him everything even though we just met.  The other members gasped again but this time, in shock and amazement as they had never seen me allow anyone to touch me. 

"Let's be friends!" Hakyeon exclaimed once again as soon as we broke the hug with a smile on his face. 

I did nothing but smile and nod my head in approval of the idea. That was the best yet the worst decision I have ever made. 

~Present~ 

I felt tears flowing out of my eyes as I continued staring at the ceiling. He had the best and most memorable first impression, out of all the members, on me.