Turn around please?

Your nickname, my nickname

Your nickname, my nickname

 

 

“Hey egg joonie."

 

“Sup, egg kookie.”

 

It was Jungkook’s third time meeting him in school. He doesn’t really know him well as they’ve only met through the school camp where every club’s committee members were forced to participate. Jungkook – the modern dance club member teamed up with Namjoon from the music club for three days, giving them a very awkward start. But slowly, Jungkook and Namjoon –although being a second year senior- got along well and gave each other the nickname “egg face” for the laughs. But the relationship lasted for three days only because after the camp ended they didn’t really talk to each other, except for the nicknames calling.

 

Jungkook slightly turned his head backwards, glancing at the white-haired senior back slowly disappearing down the corridor. The tall, skinny boy that usually doesn’t attract anyone’s attention somehow has caught Jungkook’s eyes. The younger boy then paused in his steps while staring at the senior that's leaving, in hopes that he’ll turn back and flash a dimple-smile or something; anything than walking away without a word. He stares intensively but the white-haired boy just continued to talk to his friends before walking up the staircase.

 

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows before turning back, feeling stupid for hoping something. With large strides until his class, he wonders if Namjoon –if he was allowed to call his senior like that- missed the time when they were at camp. The nicknames do show that he remembers him, but doesn’t he want to continue to be friends? Not that he likes him or anything, but doesn’t he want to talk and have fun with him anymore? Jungkook constantly wanted to engage in a conversation with Namjoon but he always look so reluctant to talk with him.

 

Jungkook doesn’t understand why doesn’t Namjoon find him interesting when he finds Namjoon so unexplainable. The older boy just made him want to know more and more about this cool senior, effortlessly. Even Jungkook himself doesn’t know what has captivated him into thinking that way. Was it his hair? Was it his smile? Was it his long legs? He doesn’t know. He just wants to sit down and talk with him. Ask him about his favorite food, his day, his homework or maybe his underwear color for the heck of it.

 

And you know what? Jungkook suddenly decided to dig out his hidden courage from the freezer and went to look for Namjoon.

 

Looking ing determined, Jungkook bravely stepped to the Senior 2 student’s floor. He trotted down the corridor, earning laughs from the other seniors as juniors rarely come up. Not many juniors can stand the pressure of being at a zone where you are the youngest. Any wrong move can result into the death of your reputation as the seniors take control of the majority of the clubs.

The young boy glanced through each class in attempt to locate his white-haired senior.

 

“Egg kookie!”

 

Jungkook excitedly turned his head around, wanting to respond before seeing this unknown person walking up to him. Jungkook felt the rush of disappointment clash in as the male stood in front of him with a big smile plastered on his face. He asked if this was his nickname and Jungkook awkwardly nodded, wondering how the hell did he know that.

 

“Actually, I heard it from Namjoon hah-ha… I have wanted to meet you for quite awhile now.” The male spoke shyly.

 

He then slightly scratched his head before reaching his hand out. “Can we be friends? I mean, I just want to get to know you-“

 

Hey since I’m not getting the attention from Namjoon anyway, I guess he’ll do. It’s not like you get to meet a person who’s eager to know you everyday, Jungkook thought before nodding again.

 

The senior then grabbed his hand tightly. “ Then can I call you egg face too? It sounds cute-“

 

Excuse me, what? No! That nickname is for Namjoon and me only! Who gave you the rights to call me that. I’m gonna step on your toes and pluck your hair-

 

“Excuse me, that nickname is reserved for me, and me only.”

 

Jungkook, who looked pissed before, suddenly looked shocked upon hearing Namjoon’s voice. His heart literally fluttered as his one-and-only senior stood up for him. The older male, with his hands in his pockets, stood right behind Jungkook while staring hardly on the other senior. The senior, obviously a bit terrified by Namjoon’s stares, stupidly tried to fight back by saying that he is also his senior and he can call him whatever he wants.

 

“Hey er, I‘ve known Jungkook longer than you and I can ing bet that I long for Jungkook more than anyone else. Jungkook is my junior that I always wish but can never understand and if any senior’s going to be close to him, it’s got to be me. I’m willing to throw anything away just to keep my only connection I have left with him, so don’t test me. I’m not called a monster without a reason.”

 

Oh how every girl in school wished to be in Jungkook’s position right now.

 

The senior cowardly ran away while throwing a few threats before Namjoon escorted the younger male into his class. Jungkook, now looking like a big fat tomato, followed quietly until they reached the corner of the class. The older male scratched his head and pointed to his seat, signaling him to sit down. And the younger male flopped on the seat, eyes staring constantly on the floor.

 

“…Uh sorry for just now, I didn’t mean to be so rude-“

 

“It-it’s fine. I was just…startled. I-I never thought you were interested in me too. Well, I found you interesting for so long but I didn’t know you were also…”

 

Namjoon blushed before squatting right next to him. “I’m not the best at communicating but ever since after camp, I really wanted to know more about you. I don’t even know why, I just wanted to know about your day, your favorite food or maybe even your favorite form of geometric pattern.”

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened in amazement upon realizing that they were thinking alike. He excitedly told the older male about his thoughts before they both laughed at the coincidence.

 

“But what made us feel so curious of each other though, we didn’t even talk much of our personal things.” He asked before Jungkook smiled.

 

The younger male slowly slid his hand closer to Namjoon’s one before holding it loosely. He leaned closer towards Namjoon’s ear, whispered a few words before planting a small kiss on his cheek in embarrassment.

 

“I know why, it’s because we’re in love.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: omg I haven't written a fanfic in decades man /cracks bone/