The Unnie who Walks like a Sergeant

Meet the UNNIES


 

The pair was practically stumbling onto the blonde's couch the moment they stepped through the door.    It was the Friday a week after the library trip and Krystal had gotten her grade back.  Unsurprisingly the dark haired girl received high marks.

And so, immediately after school, the younger girl had dangled the paper in front of Amber's face with a excrements eating grin on her face.

The blonde had sighed and smiled back before leading her other half towards the car and proceeding to take her on a date up the mountains; where she set up a romantic picnic.  When asked how she had her surprise prepared before knowing the younger girl's marks the blonde shrugged and replied, “I knew you could do it.”

Their little date went well, and by the end of the night the pair couldn't keep their hands to themselves.  They breathlessly agreed to take the “party” back to Amber's place.

That's why the blonde found herself practically being thrown on the couch as the younger girl smirked at her and began ing the buttons on her uniform.  It was nothing new.  The pair had gotten to second base before.

The blonde watched in fascination as each button came undone and finally, the shirt was flung somewhere across the room along with the girl's cell phone to be retrieved later.  The moment the shirt made a soft thump Krystal was already straddling her lap and gripping her cheeks forcefully.

The younger girl brought their faces closer together but didn't quite close the distance.  She held her face teasingly close and gave an open mouth smile that made the blonde practically whimper where she sat.  

Her hands found purchase on the curve of the dark haired girl's thighs and she tried to lean forward and connect their lips.  Just as they were about to touch the younger girl moved her head to the side so that her lips found a soft cheek.

The blonde furrowed her brows when she felt lips crawl up her jaw teasingly.  She tried to crane her head to the side but was kept in place by two forceful, but soft hands.

Frankly, she was getting frustrated.  She gripped the flesh under her fingertips tighter and and let out a small grunt of disapproval before actually opening and trying to vocalize her frustration, “Krys wha-” her sentence was broken off as the younger girl quickly pressed their lips together.

The words died on her lips and she pressed unbelievably closer to the younger girl and finally leaned all the way back on the seat, pulling the girl on top of her with her.  Her thoughts became muddled as soft lips moved with her in a steady rhythm, sometimes catching and on her bottom lip.

Every time she kissed the other girl she was reminded of what she thought when they had first kissed.  Damn.  

But at that thought she realized that the girl must've learned from someone.  She wasn't usually a jealous person, but the thought of someone else putting their hands and lips on Krystal made her blood boil.

Furrowing her brows she immediately took charge of their lip lock and aggressively turned her head to the side before taking the younger girl's upper lip in and slightly biting on it, receiving a small squeak of surprise.  

Their lips parted with a smack and the blonde moved her hands to travel up the younger girl's partially back.  She immediately reattached their lips, but with thoughts of Krystal's past mentor in her mind, and shoved her tongue into the moist cavern.  The younger girl recovered, and not one to lose, reciprocated as energetically, fighting for the upper hand again.  It must've been a Jung thing.

She removed her hands from the blonde's face and slid them deliberately slowly down her chest to where the hem of her t-shirt lay.  The small groan she received made her smirk into the kiss and forcefully press her body down into the blonde as her hands crawled under the t-shirt and up the blonde's stomach.

She didn't used to get it.  She curved her fingers and lightly scratched against the flat and firm surface, which she felt tighten under her touch.  People were always complimenting her on her abs and asking how she got them to be so perfect.  She always just shrugged and said, “Exercise.”  She didn't get what the big deal with abs was.

But when she ran her hands over the blonde's stomach for the first time she finally understood.  Sure, abs were visually appealing.  She'd never denied that.  But when you could touch them – then – then they were something else.

She absolutely loved the way she could feel the blonde's breathing and the way her stomach tightened when her fingers grazed the flat and firm expanse of skin.  After that first time she decided that the stomach was the iest part of a human being.

Lost in her musings she was pleasantly surprised when the hands that were leisurely traveling her back a moment ago had slipped under the strap of her bra and was now caressing the full expanse of her back.

She knew they wouldn't go all the way.  But kissing and touching with clothes and kissing and touching without clothes was totally fair game.

She smiled into the blonde's lips and parted for a quick breath before looking right into the blonde's eyes and reaching back to cover the blonde's hands in her own.  Their eye contact was intense and unwavering.  The blonde's chest rose and fell; slightly out of breath.  She watched with hooded eyes as the younger girl grabbed her hands and slid them up so they were right under the hook of the bra.

She then removed her hands and moved to bunch the blonde's shirt up her stomach, revealing a pale and smooth stomach.  She leaned forward so that her lips were grazing the blonde's ear.  She gave the slightly reddened body part a soft kiss before whispering against the skin, “I'll show you mine if you show me yours...” she felt the shiver that ran up the blonde's body.

It took less than a second for the blonde to respond and begin fumbling with the clasp of her bra.  She laughed to herself and was about to completely pull up the blonde's shirt when a popular song began playing amidst the silence.  She felt the blonde turn her head to the direction of the clothes that were piled on the ground.

Krystal furrowed her brows at the interruption and frowned when the hands that had gotten one clasp done removed themselves from the other and started rubbing up and down her lower back.

The blonde sighed, also obviously frustrated at the interruption and looked into the younger girl's eyes with a small smile before nodding her head in the direction of her clothes and phone, “You should get that.”

Krystal groaned, and not in the y way.  Amber laughed at the childish sound and nudged the girl on her lap, “Go get it.  It could be one of your unnies.” she furrowed her brows.  Now that she thought about it.  The chances of it being one of her unnies was actually pretty high, considering she had 9 of them.

The girl rolled her eyes dramatically and tried to pout at the blonde, but knew she was right.  With one more disappointed groan she un-straddled the blonde and walked over to the phone tangled in her uniform top.

She glanced at the name on the screen before sighing again and running a hand through her hair.  She swiped to answer and started walking back towards the blonde, “Yeah?”

“Soojung, where are you?” The voice made her look up at the clock and she cursed to herself.  It was almost 8 and she hadn't said a word to any of her unnies.  

“I'm at Amber's.  Sorry for not calling unnie.  It...” she glanced at the disheveled blonde tousling her hair on the couch, “slipped my mind.” she finished lamely.

There was a relieved sigh on the other line, “Try to remember next time.  Everyone thought someone else knew where you were.  Think of how surprised we all were to find out no one knew?”

Krystal nodded, despite knowing the person on the other line wouldn't be able to see her, “I will.  Sorry Unnie.”

“When will you be home?”

The young girl bit her lip and glanced at the blonde, who flashed a calm smile back, “Well-”

“Tell her to come home right now.” Krystal winced when she heard her older sister's voice from somewhere on the other line.  There was some shuffling on the other line and hushed whispers.  Jessica's voice cut through the speakers again, “Soojung!” Even Amber turned her head at the volume of the voice.

Krystal almost groaned audibly.  Almost.  She knew her sister would kill her if she did, “Yes Unnie?”

“You better come home right now, Jung Soojung.  I just got a call from Kang Yujin's mom apologizing for her son's harassment at some party and giving permission to, that should you ever need to, smack him around again!” The dark haired girl gulped.  Oh she knew what was coming.  She glanced at Amber who had stood up by now.  The blonde furrowed her brows and stepped closer to the younger girl.

Krystal cursed inwardly and turned away from the blonde, “Unnie...I totally know what you're thinking right now.  It's totally fine, we're okay.” she tried to cover the receiver to keep the blonde from saying anything, “I'm okay.  Please don't make this into a big deal.”

“It is a big deal Soojung!  She told me he tried to force himself on you when he was drunk at some party on Wednesday?  Furthermore, who has parties on a Wednesday?!” she'd started rambling, and Krystal knew her sister was totally upset.

At this the blonde in the same room clenched her jaw and tightened her fists as she shot Krystal a glance.  The younger girl motioned for her to sit back down.  She didn't.  She tried to cover her barely clothed upper body with her free arm now, seeing as she felt extremely self conscious in this situation.

“Unnie...my friends were there, I hit him, he walked away, and he even confessed...to his mom!  It's fine!”

There was more shuffling and quiet whispering on the other line before Jessica replied, “It's not fine!  This is why I don't like you going to those parties alone, Soojung.  It's dangerous.  Boys are different when they're drunk.”

“I know that!  That's why I was with my friends!”

“And where were they when this was happening?”

Krystal was beginning to get angry too.  Jessica was turning this into a big deal when it didn't have to be, “I don't know!  Partying?  It was a party!”

More scuffling was heard on the other line as it sounded like someone was dragging Jessica out of the room kicking and screaming.  The original voice took her place, “Ehm, sorry about that Soojung.  Why don't you just come home so we can all talk about this?  You know she's just worried about you.”

“I'm a big girl!  I can take care of myself.”

“You're only 16.  Look, maybe this situation wasn't that bad.  But who knows next time?  Just...be careful from now on okay?  I'll see you at home.”

The younger girl wanted to throw a tantrum but instead took a deep breath and sighed, “Fine.  Bye Yuri unnie.” with that she ended the call and crossed her arms.

There was a silence in the room as Amber moved away from her and went to retrieve her crumpled shirt.  The blonde tossed it at her, and Krystal wasn't expecting it as it landed near her face. 

The blonde heard most of the conversation, since Jessica was yelling for over half of it, but had yet to say anything.  Krystal decided that it was probably a good idea for her to get dressed, and so she did so silently.

When she finally reached the top button of her uniform the blonde spoke, “So when were you gonna tell me?”

She took a deep breath.  She so didn't want to fight with both Amber and Jessica at the same time.  Totally energy draining.  She looked up at the blonde without tucking in her top and ran a hand through her hair, “I didn't think it would matter.  It's over right?” she couldn't keep the annoyance out of her voice, although she knew the blonde was only looking out for her.

Amber furrowed her brows and crossed her arms, “Of course it matters.” her voice was eerily calm and level.  The blonde took a step closer with a stern look on her face, “You don't think that my
girlfriend being ually harassed by some teenage boy at some janky high school party isn't a big deal?” Krystal totally missed the part where she labeled them as 'girlfriends' and instead got on the defensive.

She crossed her arms back and looked just as evenly at the blonde.  Those damn Jung genes, “I'm okay aren't I?  It happens at parties!  People get drunk and do stupid things, what do you expect?” her voice rose slightly.

“I expect you to be the smart girl I know you are and stay with your friends.  You're lucky he wasn't a violent drunk.” It was hard keeping her voice level at the younger girl.  She took a deep breath.

Krystal rolled her eyes and started walking away from the blonde and towards her belongings, “Whatever.  It's over.  In the past.  It's crazy that everyone's making such a big deal out of this!” she huffed.

The blonde's eyes softened and her shoulders slumped as she slipped back down to the couch.  She hated arguing with Krystal.  It was tiring and if she had to be honest?  It made her heart hurt, “I just...I worry about you, okay?” her voice became much softer.

Krystal turned from where she was gathering her belongings and felt a little guilt at snapping at the other girl like that.  She was only looking out for her well being.  She sighed and approached the couch before sitting next to the blonde.  

They silently sat next to each other.  Amber stared at her lap while Krystal looked down at the hands laced on top of said lap.

The younger girl shifted where she sat and picked at the pleats on her skirt, “I'm sorry...okay?  I'm sorry...” she trailed off.

The blonde looked to the fidgeting hands and sighed before taking them in her own, “You don't need to apologize...but I wish you would've told me.  Better yet, I wish you would've called me to go with you.”

“I knew you had work the next day, so I figured I'd just let you sleep.  Ssul and Luna were with me.”

The blonde nodded and looked into a pouting face.  She smiled, “Don't do that.  I'm helpless when you do that.” she joked and nudged the other girl, “But promise me you'll tell me when something like this happens again?”

Krystal nodded and leaned in towards the blonde, “Okay.  I'll also be more careful.  He's usually completely harmless when sober, even a little nerdy,” she scrunched her nose, “but I guess alcohol really changed him.”

Amber nodded, “It scares me to think about it; that you could've ever been hurt.”

“Me too.  You have to tell me if things like this happen to you too you know.” now that she thought about it, if she were in Amber's position she'd be ten types of furious.  

Amber laughed, “Okay.” she grinned and held the girl close to her, “...but you know I'm also afraid that you've gone and put ideas into your sister's head now...”

“What?”

“I don't know...what if she throws me into a cage match with like...some giant dude because she's afraid I can't protect you?” it was her turn to pout.

Krystal pulled away from the embrace and raised an eyebrow at the older girl, “Seriously?”

“I don't know what she's capable of!”

The long haired girl laughed, “Don't worry.  If she did throw you in a cage match, it'd be with herself.” she giggled at the thought of Amber being thrown into and locked in a cage with a fuming Jessica.

Amber gulped at the thought and groaned before throwing herself back so half her body could lie on the couch.  Krystal followed and rested on top of the blonde's chest as she peered up into a fearful face.

She smiled before remembering that her unnie had demanded that she come home at that very instant.  She sighed and kissed the underside of the blonde's chin before saying, “Well now that the mood's totally ruined because of Jessica unnie's vicious intents, I need to get home right now or she'll wreck both of us.”

Amber nodded and slowly started to sit up as Krystal tugged her, “Okay.  I'll grab my keys then.” the blonde was still mumbling to herself about cage matches as she attempted to get up.  Krystal was quick to grab hold of her arm and pull her down swiftly for a lingering kiss.

When they pulled away Krystal whispered against soft lips, “I lo...really like you Amber.” Amber looked down into sincere brown eyes and a flushed pale face and couldn't help but smile.

She nodded once and put their foreheads together before replying, “I really like you too.”

Oh no.  It was happening again.  She was sweating like Lindsay Lohan in rehab and there was nothing she could do to make it stop.  She felt for the back of her neck and grimaced at the moisture accumulating there.

Krystal turned a wary glance at her, “Hey,” she started, “Are you okay?  You don't have to come in with me you know.  I can handle it.”

The blonde gulped and shook her head, “No I...I have to take the blame for this.  It was my fault you came home late after all.” 

The shorter girl narrowed her eyes.  Amber looked like she was about to faint.  Or die.  Or faint, then die.  She put a comforting hand on Amber's arm and rubbed up and down soothingly on the fabric of her jacket, “Take deep breaths...”.

Amber nodded stiffly and took a stifled breath that seemed more like a sound someone would make while they were constipated.  Before Krystal could say another word the door flew open and revealed Yoona and Sooyoung.  The twin towers grinned down at them and tilted their head at the ghostly looking blonde next to Krystal.

Sooyoung pointed, “What's up with her?”

Yoona peered closer, “I think she's dead.” before she could poke the frozen blonde Krystal slapped the offending hand away and stepped into the room as she pulled Amber behind her.

“Leave her alone unnies.”

Sooyoung called out as they walked to the living room, “We just wanted to say a few words before both of your death sentences are carried out.” she and Yoona snickered.  Krystal rolled her eyes.  According to the busy noises and the coats and bags around the house, most, if not all, of her unnies were home.  Of course she and Amber would get on Jessica's bad side on the day that everyone was actually around.

Amber had yet to say a word and Krystal was pretty sure her legs were on autopilot.  Nonetheless she kept on dragging the blonde forward until they reached the living room.  She sat Amber down on the couch and immediately knelt down in front of the blonde when the same blank look was still on her face.

The younger girl concernedly put a hand on a pale forehead, “Are you...breathing?”

Blank eyes stared back at her and Krystal had to fight the urge to squirm where she sat.  Before she could do anything else she could feel, rather than hear or see, her sister coming.  The hairs on the back of her neck stood at attention and she felt chills crawl up her spine.

And just as she predicted, Jessica appeared in the doorway to the living room not seconds later, Yuri and Tiffany in tow, trying to calm the none too pleased looking girl.  Jessica stopped after taking a few steps into the living room. 

Krystal immediately stood and clasped her hands in front of her, “U-” Jessica held her hand up and halted both Krystal's impending apology and Yuri and Tiffany's hushes.  

The almost bored-looking, but still beautiful, face glanced at Amber, who was slowly regaining her senses after being scared half to death.  She raised a brow but didn't question why the blonde was in her home.  

“Soojung.” Krystal startled at her voice.

“Yes, unnie?” her normally confident voice became small.

“Glad to see you made it home in time for dinner.  Yuri and Taeyeon have cooked since we're all home tonight.  We'll be having a family dinner.” she glanced at Amber, “And Amber is of course welcome to join us.  Go get cleaned up and come down to eat.” The older Jung glanced at Krystal's shirt and raised a brow, but without saying anything further Jessica left the room, followed by a scrambling Tiffany and Yuri.

Krystal furrowed her brows and looked down.  Her eyes widened in realization.  Her shirt was buttoned wrong and inappropriately half-tucked into her skirt.  She cursed and immediately went to fix it before Sooyoung and Yoona's howling laughter reached her ears.

She glared at the doorway where the twin towers were laughing.  Sooyoung wiped her eyes and winked at her, “Rookie.” the pair cackled their way to the kitchen.

Suddenly, as if coming back from the dead, Amber let out a loud gasp and spun her head around the room, “Wh-what happened?”

Krystal continued to properly re-button her shirt without glancing at Amber, “You're staying for dinner.”

Amber blinked in confusion.  The last few minutes were a blur to her, “Wait...did you ask your sister?”

Krystal rolled her eyes and stood up, “No.  She invited you.”

Amber's eyes widened as Krystal pulled her upstairs.

There were those movies where some middle class girl would be swept into a bustling world of glamor and royalty.  In those movies there was almost always a scene where she was presented at a dining table with numerous forks, spoons, and bowls of soup that were not soup.  She would then proceed to be confused as to how to properly eat.  Understandable.

Amber now sat at the Jung dinner table feeling that exact same way.  Except all she had was a bowl of rice and a pair of chopsticks in front of her.  Embarrassing.

Krystal slowly glanced at her as she put her chopsticks in .  The table was loud and rambunctious, as it usually was when all the occupants were home.  Even Jessica looked happy.  The youngest girl worriedly tapped Amber's side when she made no move to eat.

She could feel Jessica glancing at them every once in a while, even though she looked otherwise occupied.  Amber blinked at the nudge and gave an apologetic smile, “Are you gonna eat?”

Amber glanced at Krystal and then at the chopsticks.  How...do you...chopstick?  It almost blurted out of , but she managed to bite her lower lip and give a nervous glance instead.

Krystal sighed and put her bowl and chopsticks down.  She didn't realize how quiet the table became when she picked up Amber's bowl and leaned forward to place certain dishes on it expertly; chopsticks moving around the table confidently.  It was as if she knew exactly what Amber did and didn't like.

When she finally finished putting things into the bowl, she sat back down from her leaning position and placed it in front of Amber.

The blonde was aware of the stares and silence around the table.  Hardly anyone moved, except for Sooyoung and Yoona's idle chewing.

Krystal still hadn't quite noticed the change in atmosphere as she moved her hair to the side and smiled at Amber, “Eat.”

Amber looked into her eyes, looking panicked and nervous.  Oh God.  She was trying to dig deep into her mind and recover the portion that told her how to eat.  But the stares and the pressure wasn't doing anything to help.

Krystal looked amused.  She let out a small laugh and grabbed Amber's bowl.  She picked up a large clump of rice before moving her utensils to Amber's mouth.  The blonde opened and let herself be fed as Krystal's free hand hovered underneath to catch stray crumbs.

She chewed idly and looked into those deep brown eyes.  Suddenly, her heart beat became slower and her thoughts became clearer.  Where was she?  

Krystal raised another chopstick full of food to , this time filled with meat, and then another with a few side dishes.  Amber let herself indulge and hardly felt as her entire focus turned to Krystal's smiling face.  The younger girl was looking at her with an amused look on her face.  And that smile...

The blonde couldn't resist returning the smile as she chewed, causing Krystal to scrunch up her nose playfully.  Her grin only grew, but she found it hard to do so as she chewed.  

Well it didn't really matter where she was if Krystal was looking at her like that.

Jessica finally cleared , breaking the spell that had cast itself over the mostly silent table, “Yuri this dish is really good.” She smiled at the woman next to her.

Yuri blinked and turned from the scene everyone was watching and managed to smile, “Thanks!  It took Taeng and I a while to really figure it out.”

Everyone slowly returned to their previous conversations.

Seohyun sighed and pat Yoona's back exasperatedly, yet affectionately as she choked from eating too quickly.  The tall woman gulped down her glass of water faster than she inhaled her food.

Sooyoung began laughing, until she too started choking and had to have Hyoyeon firmly smack her back.

Tiffany screamed when she thought she saw a bug crawling across the floor, causing Taeyeon to cackle wildly as she picked up the rubber animal she'd planted earlier.  The American looked like she was about to cry as she repeatedly hit the shorter woman's arm.  Sunny giggled at the scene and winked at Taeyeon as her partner in crime.

Although all of this was happening Amber couldn't take her eyes off of her younger half.  Her heart had slowed from its nervous and erratic beating to a calm and gentle throb.  It was like an ache.  But not one that hurt.  One that wanted.

She watched as Krystal took in another bite and smiled at her.  

One that wanted her.

She somehow managed to pick up her own chopsticks and guide the food into her own mouth.  But she still stole glances at the girl next to her every once in a while.  

Dinner passed through much that way.  She was grateful so far no one had really called her out to ask any questions, but she knew it was inevitable.  She was watching Krystal interact with Tiffany before a chilling, but calm voice addressed her, “So, Amber.”

She swore she got whiplash from her head turning to face Jessica so quickly.  The older woman smiled a not unfriendly, but not quite friendly, smile at her, “Uh, yes?” she gulped and put her hands in her lap.

The conversation around the table lowered, but didn't completely quiet down, “I hear Krystal received high marks on her paper today.” 

Amber furrowed her brows, confused as to how Krystal's grades had anything to do with her, “Uh, yeah.   I heard.  I'm hardly surprised.” she smiled at the girl next to her.

Jessica nodded and wiped , “I also heard that you gave her an incentive to do so?”

Krystal flushed and cried indignantly at Yuri, “Unnie!  I told you that out of utmost confidence!”

Yuri raised her hands up and shook her head, “I'm sorry!  She weaseled it out of me!”

Jessica barely bat a delicate lash at the exchange and continued calmly, “Could I ask what you encouraged her with?” she glanced at Krystal, “she'll hardly listen to me when I tell her to study.” Krystal rolled her eyes.

“Who actually studies in this day and age?  There's the internet.”

Sooyoung nodded, “Preach.”

Jessica sighed, “So, what's the secret?”

Amber stuttered a little, but she was able to reply.  It was the most success she'd had all night, “I-well-It was a surprise.  I took her up to the mountains for a picnic.”

The “aww's” around the table made her cheeks flush.  

Jessica's eyes shot up, “A picnic?” as if she couldn't believe it.

“Yes, unnie.  A picnic.” Krystal dared to glare at her.  Jessica was immune to it, of course.

Jessica nodded slowly, “I see.  And,” she took a sip of her water, “did you hear about the debacle that happened this past Wednesday?”

Amber's eyes darkened at the memory, “I found out when you called.” she glanced at Krystal, who looked like a reprimanded child.

The other unnies all shared an equally serious look.  Jessica raised a brow, “You did?”

Amber nodded, “She didn't tell me.” She held Krystal's eyes until the younger girl looked away in shame.  Before she could fully look away Amber laced their fingers together and continued, “And no matter how much I wish she would've called me to come with her, I am proud of how she was able to handle herself in that situation.  Hope you did a number on him.” she managed a smile.

Krystal looked back at her and returned the gesture, “You know I did.” she stated softly.

The others felt their features soften at the exchange, although no one's need to rip the boy's throat out became any less.  Jessica seemed unimpressed as she nodded and looked around the table, “Well, since we're all here, why don't we complete this family night.” she glanced at the clock, “It's only ten.”

Yuri immediately stood from where she sat, “Oh!  Let's watch a movie!  We haven't had a movie night in so long!” Sooyoung immediately shot out of her chair and into the kitchen.

“I'll get the popcorn!”

Yoon scrambled after her before Seohyun could stop her, “I'll help!” the youngest unnie sighed and gracefully stood from her chair.

She smiled at everyone around the table and began stacking plates, “I'll get started on the dishes then.” 

Sunny and Hyoyeon immediately stood from their seats and nodded, “We'll help too.” Amber stood as well, but Krystal pulled her back down.

“Where do you think you're going?  You're a guest.”

She blinked, “But-I should help clean up.”

“Nonsense.” both pairs of eyes turned to Jessica, “She's right.  You're a guest.  Go ahead with Taeyeon and Tiffany.  You guys can pick the movie.  And no, Taeng, we can't watch horror movies.” she glared.  Taeyeon pouted as Yuri let out a subtle breath of disappointment.

Taeyeon followed Tiffany into the living room, “I'm the oldest here...don't I get any respect?” she grumbled.

Tiffany giggled as she walked, “Come on you cranky old woman.”

Krystal stood and held her hand out for Amber to take, “Let's go.” she let Krystal pull her out to the living room, but let her gaze linger as Jessica stepped closer to Yuri.

Yuri put her hands on Jessica's arms and smiled down at her as the shorter woman buried her face in her shoulder.

They stood in silence alone like that for a while before Yuri commented, “She seems...really nice.” the tone was genuine.

Jessica merely wrapped her arms around the taller woman and let out a sigh.

By the time Seohyun, Hyoyeon, and Sunny made it into the living room everyone else was already piled on the love seats, couch, and floor.  There were a few popcorn bowls going around the room and various cans and bottles of liquids strewn all over the place already.  Seohyun sighed but took her place next to Yoona on the floor in front of Sooyoung.  Sunny climbed into the loveseat behind them next to the human garbage disposal and Hyoyeon manged to squeeze in there with them.  

Krystal had commanded half of the couch as she sat with her legs wrapped sideways as Yuri and Jessica made themselves comfortable on the other half.  

The youngest girl was combing her fingers through Amber's hair as the blonde leaned back on the couch from the floor.  Jessica watched them closely as they interacted.  She watched the way her younger sister's lips curled up as Amber said something up to her.  

She leaned closer to Yuri in response, who pulled her closer and pressed a kiss to the top of her head.  Her brows furrowed.

“Okay!” Taeyeon called out, “Is everyone settled?” she and Tiffany had settled on top of a comforter with a blanket in front of the TV.  She received numerous mumbles and shouts of 'Start it already shorty!' before turning and pressing play.

Yoona questioned aloud, “What are we watching anyway?”

Tiffany turned a blinding eye-smile towards them all as she gushed, “The Notebook!” multiple groans followed her declaration.

She shushed them all and turned back to the screen as the opening credits started.  Taeyeon stood to get the lights and soon, the room was surrounded in darkness, except for the light coming from the television itself.  

Jessica was busy watching as Krystal affectionately and longingly looked at the blonde literally at her feet.  Amber looked genuinely interested in the start movie as she somehow got a hold of one of the popcorn bowls being passed around the room.  

Sooyoung hollered at her to pass it and Jessica narrowed her eyes as Amber pulled the popcorn bowl closer to her and stuck her tongue out at the older woman.  Krystal's eyes shined as she laughed.  She was gently rubbing the blonde's shoulders and Amber did look decidedly more comfortable around the others.  She frowned.  Was it just her?

She was pulled from her thoughts as Yuri excitedly motioned to the movie.  Jessica reluctantly turned her attention from the young couple and towards the TV.  

Halfway through the movie Jessica was actually absorbed into the movie.  She was so distracted that she didn't notice Krystal had left until the younger girl returned with a bottle of water, which she passed to Amber.  The younger girl then made room for herself between the blonde's legs and settled against her before watching the movie once again.

Jessica forced herself to turn away, but not before she noticed the blonde placing an affectionate, but subtle kiss, on the side of the younger girl's neck.

No one else had noticed.

By the time the movie had ended over half the room was in tears, and the sound of noses being blown was all that could be heard past the music of the credits.

Jessica herself had to keep the tears at bay.  Yuri had no such restrictions and bawled into her tissue while blowing her nose at the same time.  Jessica looked around the room and smiled at seeing her family all together, even though they were crying their eyes out.

Her gaze ended on Krystal and Amber, and she watched as Krystal laughed when she turned in the blonde's arms.  Amber was sniffling into her sleeve and Krystal peered at her with an amused look on her face.

The younger girl reached over to the coffee table to snatch a few tissues before, to Jessica's surprise, holding one up to the blonde's nose and instructing her to blow.  The youngest didn't even bat an eyelash at the violent nose blowing and merely folded the tissue over before repeating her earlier actions, a small smile on her face.

Jessica's face softened and she felt tears coming to her eyes again, although this time, she wasn't so sure it was because of the movie.  Before she could actually cry Yuri shifted next to her and managed to say, “Th-That w-was the s-s-saddest movie I've ever seen.” she proceeded to wail.

Sooyoung replied, “I know!” she sniffed, “And I thought Titanic was bad...”

“Are you kidding?!”

The entire room soon blew up into an argument of whether the Titanic or the Notebook had been more heart-wrenching, with almost equal numbers on both sides.  Figures.

Jessica took a deep breath and stood from her seat before stretching.  It was well past midnight now.  She hadn't realized the movie would be so long.  It looked like Amber noticed as well as she maneuvered her way out of Krystal's clutches into a standing position.  

Krystal pouted but followed her up.  Jessica approached the pair, and while the room was still in a heated debate, motioned for both of them to follow her out of the living room, “Leaving, Amber?”

The blonde nodded, “Err, yeah, it's sort of really late.  Oh...by the way,” she rubbed the back of her neck, “Sorry for keeping Krystal so long today, it was completely my fault and-” Jessica waved a nonchalant hand at her.

“It's fine.  Just, try not to make it a habit.” she threw a glance over her shoulder, “Let me walk you to the door.”

The three walked in silence until they reached the front door.  Krystal laced her fingers with Amber's and looked at her sister, her eyes practically begging for alone time.  Jessica crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, “Well-”

Amber interrupted her, “Are you beginning your test now?  Is it a test of endurance?  Do I have to stand here and guard the door all night?  Guard Krystal's door?  Your door?  Do I need to fight off some stalkers?  Maybe be Taeyeon's bodyguard for a day?  You're not gonna throw me in a cage match are you?  I'm not very strong...but I'll try my best.  I can protect Krystal really well, really!  I'm so sorry for what happened Wednesday and I take full responsibility.  I agree I should have been there for her, even though,” she turned to glance at Krystal quickly, “you're a very independent woman and very capable of taking care of yourself.  I apologize.  And-”

“Whoa whoa whoa.  Cool it on the word vomit there.” Amber flushed.   just opened and all this crap came out.  She was mortified.

Krystal immediately began rubbing her hands up and down the other girl's arm in reassurance.  As if to say 'it wasn't that bad.' even though it totally was.

Jessica leveled a hard glare at Amber for a few moments before her features softened considerably, “...Amber.” she glanced at her sister, “You're...good for her.” Jessica finally smiled genuinely, albeit a bit sadly.  She reached out and put her hand on her younger sister's cheek affectionately, “You have to understand that...this one is the house's baby.” she turned her gaze back on Amber, “She's the light of our lives.  We've all grown up with her, so seeing her grow up is a little...hard for us.  All of us, although we don't always show it conventionally.” Krystal moved forward to pull her sister in a side hug.  She rested her head on her sister's shoulder as she wrapped an arm around her and kept talking.

Amber listened intently, a little shocked at this softer side of Jessica.

“I admit, I didn't completely like you in the beginning.  But, I think that was just because I felt it then.  I could feel that you were going to take her away from me.” Amber's eyes widened.

“Never!  I'd never do that I-”

“I know.  But it's just that feeling you get when you've practically raised a child, and you suddenly have to watch as they encounter the world on their own.  It's the feeling that...they suddenly don't need you anymore.” she smiled sadly and pressed a kiss to the top of Krystal's head.

“Unnie...that's not true.”

“You bet your cute it isn't true.  Who still pays for all your clothes, stuff, and the roof you're living under?” she pulled the other girl playfully close to her, “But...” she began again, “this is the beginning right?” she looked up at the blonde, “This is where she starts to drift away from me and starts relying on you.”

Amber was speechless.

“And in turn,” she remembered the tiny moments captured throughout the night, “you'll start relying on her.” she laughed, “I'm not saying you guys'll get married or anything, but, you guys look real.  Real enough for me to give both my approval and blessing.” she smiled again.

“I...I don't know what to say.” the blonde was struck.  Krystal was silent as well.  

“Well, she's had a few real numbers in her black book...so just say you'll take good care of her. Otherwise,” her expression turned cold, “I'll destroy you.”

Amber chuckled nervously where she stood and hesitantly took a step back, “R-Right.”

“So...does this mean we're officially together now?” Krystal grinned.

Amber managed a smile past her blush and nodded, “Well, I was gonna ask you first but-”

“Yes, duh!” Krystal pulled away and threw herself at Amber, not noticing the slight fall in Jessica's expression or how much sadder her smile became.

The blonde noticed though, and gave Jessica a reassuring smile as she squeezed the other girl closer to her.  When Krystal finally pulled away, the blonde looked into her eyes and smiled before saying, “Well, there's one thing I'd like to ask you while we're talking...” she glanced at Jessica, “both of you.”

Jessica raised a brow and crossed her arms before roostering her hips to the side, “Oh?”

Amber cleared and held Krystal at arm's length, “Yeah.  I...” she turned to Krystal and cleared , “I want to go on vacation this Summer.  To Hawaii.”

Krystal smiled, “That's great, but you already told me at the libra-”

“With you.” she finally finished, “I mean...I want you to come with me.  For a week.  This Summer.  Just you and me.” she then turned to Jessica, who had widened her eyes, “I mean, err, with your permission of course Jes-err ma'am.”

Before either of them could answer another voice answered for them, “Yes!” with that, Yoona and Sooyoung stumbled to the floor from around the corner, followed by the others.  They ended up in a heap with Tiffany standing above them wearing a sheepish look on her face.

“Oh!  Sorry guys!” she skipped over to the three by the door, “But yes!  She'd love to go with you!”

Jessica scowled, “Tiff!  How could you suggest such a thing!  You're basically giving them the green light to do the dirty for a week undisturbed.”

Krystal huffed indignantly, “Unnie!”

Sooyoung stood from where she'd fallen and commented smartly, “Oh, don't worry Jessica, from what Tiffany's told us, our young couple here is in a bit of a dry spell until someone hits the big 1 8....” she snickered.

Yoona followed, “They're more hopelessly lost in the Sahara Desert with no sign of help in sight.” she cackled.  A sharp reprimand from Seohyun stopped her from howling with laughter, but did nothing to quell the immature snickers that followed.

Krystal flushed an even deeper color of red and cried, “Unnies!  Stop talking like we aren't even here!”

Amber's face was red with embarrassment as she let the others fight it out.  

Jessica tried to reason, “Well she's still so young to be going all the way to Hawaii by herself.”

Yuri approached her and draped an arm around her shoulders, “Well I think she should go!” her eyes twinkled mischievously, “In fact...” she made eye contact with Krystal, who's eyes widened in realization.

“Oh no...no no.”

“We should all go!” Yuri cried happily.

Sooyoung appeared next to her, “I think...that is a grand idea!”

Hyoyeon appeared shortly, “Where will you be staying, Amber?”

The blonde blinked and stuttered out, “I-uh-I mean, a resort?”

“Great!  I'll call Victoria, Luna, and Sulli and let them know!  You'll have to e-mail me the Resort details and dates though.  We need to make an itinerary too.”

“W-well Jonghyun-o-”

Sunny kicked in, “Oh!  I'll give him a call then!” She proceeded to drag Hyoyeon up the stairs.

Taeyeon turned to Seohyun and contemplated, “Do you think I should bring my work with me?”

“Unnies...we shouldn't be intruding on Amber's planned vaca-”

“Hyunnie!  Let's go shop for bikinis online!” Yoona whisked the youngest towards the study with Taeyeon trailing after them.

“We need to find one that doesn't make my legs look short!” she cried.

Sooyoung followed after them and snorted, “I don't think one exists.  Maybe you should get your knees done.”

Taeyeon nearly fumbled as she felt for her knees, “Y-You can do that?!”

Tiffany clapped in glee and added, “It'll be so much fun!  A family vacation!  We haven't had one of those in a while!  I'll have to let the church know I won't bee able to volunteer then!” with that she disappeared into the living room.

Amber hardly had time to digest what had just happened as Krystal scowled at her older sister.  Jessica smirked at her and finally put in her two cents, “Well.  Guess we're going to Hawaii.”

Yuri pumped her fist in the air, “Score!”

“We'll leave you two to say goodbye for now though.” she lead Yuri towards the living room.

Krystal let out a frustrated sigh before turning to Amber with an apologetic look on her face, “I am so sorry.  We don't have to go if you don't want to.”

That snapped the blonde out of her haze, “What?  No!  I've been planning this for a long-” she gulped at the raised eyebrow Krystal was giving her, “I mean, it'll still be fun! ...I think.” she joked.

Krystal rolled her eyes and took her hands in her own, “Well...if you say so...”

The blonde smiled and pulled the shorter girl into an embrace before replying, “As long as you're there,  It'll be amazing.”

Krystal looked into her eyes with sheer adoration.  She leaned forward...

As their lips were about to touch a Sunny's voice from upstairs made them flush, “You only reserved one room...with a king sized bed?!  Amber you sly, sly dog you!”

–00--

Amber: 9
Unnies: 0

A/N Now it's all done... i'm planning to write my own story after this(my very first haha)... i'm just gathering all my thoughts.. till then.. thanks for all the comments and subscribers..