I keep you with me, in my heart..

To an Island where we'll meet..

Anneyeong :) I agree the last chapter was extremely romantic being their first real date and all .. But the love I got for it was just as overwhelming.. So Thank You so much for that! Comments, subs, up votes are always so encouraging. This story though, often takes it's own twists and turns sometimes in ways I didn't intend to, that makes me just as curious sometimes. I hope you like this chapter :) Much love. 

I keep you with me, in my heart..

One minute they were kissing, the next minute they were kissing in the rain. It was hard to feel romantic when the rain was pouring down with such intensity that it hit the body like piercing arrows. He instantly grasped her hand as they ran towards the nearest road. The road was filled with people trying to get to a shelter. Roadside restaurants were either closed or packed with people. They finally found themselves in front of a motel that had sufficient shade and kept them from getting wet any further. 

She was completely drenched and shivering due to the cold winds that they couldn't escape from. The dress had become completely clingy. When he gallantly offered her his shirt, she took it gratefully. As he stood shivering in his white vest, he couldn't help noticing how beautiful she looked even with wet hair and wearing his shirt. Well, either he was blinded by love or she was the most natural beauty he had ever seen. It was most likely, both. 
"Let's go inside" Shin Hye said.
"You sure ?"
"What other option do we have, look at you, you are shivering"
"Yeah ok, taking the boat back to the island is not an option right now"
They walked into the motel with as much dignity they could muster wearing a vest and a shirt over a dress respectively. They needn't have worried. The motel was used to having all kinds of tourists and the receptionist couldn't care less about their less than appropriate attire. He was however more assiduous about the rent and the rates insisting they pay the deposit in cash thus effectively curtailing their access to bigger rooms. In their desperation they settled for a single room. 
His business sense however led him to open the gift store that was part of the motel for them to buy some basic clothes to change into and promptly accepted credit card as payment. 
They walked to their room with a change of clothes and was surprised to find a fairly decent room given how low their expectations were. Though it didn't miss their notice that there was only one single bed. There were no couches around. A single seater sofa, a TV and  a mini fridge were the other amenities available. Shin Hye peeped into the bathroom and was relieved to find that it was very clean. 
"I'll change first" she said, as she took some clothes from the shopping bag. She threw a dry towel from the bathroom at him. Yong Hwa quickly caught it, smiled and bowed to her playfully. She shook her head smiling as she closed the bathroom door. 
He opened the window shades as he watched the rain. It was great that they were not caught in the rain anymore but he still felt awful about having her stay in a place like this. He took off his vest, threw it aside and toweled his hair dry. He had wanted to confess his feelings to her today, but the damn rain had ruined his plans. He always loved the rain but now he felt mad at it. Next time he would write a song about rain that plays spoil sport on a perfectly good date. 
He heard the door open and turned around to look at her. She was dressed in a lime yellow top and a yellow mid length skirt with flowers on it. She might as well be going for a Photoshoot he thought half admiringly, half grudgingly as he himself was stuck with a Hawaiian shirt but thankfully normal looking shorts. 
He smiled at her and made a hand sign indicating she looked pretty. She blushed and shook her head modestly. 
She stared around the room as she waited for him to get changed. This was awkward she thought. They were kissing each other quite passionately on the beach, now they were in an odd motel room with a single bed. She was sure he had to do something to overcome the awkwardness because she was feeling incredibly nervous. 
She heard the door open, she giggled at the sight. Though he looked good in anything, seeing him in a colorful Hawaiian shirt was still hilarious. 
"Ya.. Don't laugh" he threw a towel at her, sulking. 
She laughed even more as she expertly caught the towel and watched the man turn into a man-child within a matter of minutes. 
"This is ugly " he complained.
She was now doubled up with laughter she lay down on the bed laughing harder by the minute. She didn't find his clothes as funny,  him on the other hand was incredibly so. 
"Shin Chin" 
He jumped on to the bed as well. 
"Mwo?" She asked confused at the apparent new nickname, forgetting to notice his close proximity. Well, almost. He just lay there staring up at the ceiling fan prompting her to join as well. She lay down on his outstretched hand using it as an arm pillow. 
"Yong hwa Ya.. "
"Hmmm"
"I feel like we are in a drama"
"Why?"
"This is unreal. Everything that's happened ever since I landed here"
"Is it a good drama?"
"Good? No. The best. This is better than real life"
"This is real life"
She turned to the side to look at his face.
"I don't know Yong. Real life can never be so good" 
He turned towards her as well and stared into her eyes. He understood what she was trying to say but he was also confused and there was a hint of worry as well. 
"This is perfect as a drama" she continued. "Two people on an island, playing around, dancing, singing, dating, kissing .." She trailed off. "Getting stuck in the rain, a motel room" she paused, "There are no feelings involved" she sighed, "then this is a drama right?"
He felt like somebody had thrown burning coal into his heart. No feelings involved ? She was not serious was she, or was she in denial? 
"No feelings?" He asked in a strained voice. 
Her eyes darted to his face, with a slightly panicked look. 
He had no Intension of confessing his feelings to her in a dingy motel room but he wasn't about to let her get away with thinking that everything they did meant nothing. Not to him, at least. 
"I don't do anything in which my feelings are not involved" 
He said steadily. 
"But you know that already and as far as I know you, you don't do things for the heck of it, either"
He studied her face continuously as he said the words. Her face showed a myriad range of expressions before she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Then nodded just a little but it was sufficient confirmation for him. It wasn't a declaration of love but at least it meant something and that was enough for him, for now.
"But Yong hwa Ya... What am I going to do ?"
She asked sadly, eyes still closed. 
"Why, are you hiding a boyfriend?"
He asked feeling considerably lighter after the earlier confirmation. 
She opened her eyes and crinkled her forehead. She stared at his face, he looked relaxed, there was a glimmer of a smile in his eyes. 
"Yes, didn't you know?" She joked. She realized she had gone from distressed to relaxed in ten seconds, maybe it was the JYH effect.
"I may have missed the memo. And it's hard to keep track of your many boyfriends" 
She raised her eyebrows, she has never had too many boyfriends but she smelt tinges of jealousy even while talking about random made-up link ups. 
"We just made one of those true"
He said, as if reading her mind. 

She smiled then her smile slipped. 
"I don't know what I'd do once we go back "
She sounded so sad that his heart couldn't take it. 
Maybe he should confess now? He looked around the room and stopped himself. No, she deserved better. They deserved better.
"We'll figure out something, Jagiya, before this trip ends. Stop worrying and live in the moment"
The term of endearment rolled off his tongue so easily that he had clearly not realized, she didn't miss it though. They were always so comfortable with each other, which was why it was hard for others to envision them as just friends. Now, they had gone even further. There was no escaping from this hole they were digging themselves into, she knew only too well. Somehow, a part of her didn't want to escape. She liked this space they shared. He always held a special place in her heart, right from the start and with every gesture he just solidified the place in her heart. She didn't realize that she had phased out. He was trying to snap her back to reality, horsing around putting his face too close to hers, she pushed it away, laughing. 
He makes her laugh at all times, she filed it away in her memory. Why though? She wasn't sure what she was doing. He was now sulking and pouting, she shook her head. He acted like a kid at times, she loved it though. Adored it. That was the best part about him, he could be such a kid sometimes but he was so mature and aware in general and the combination was just perfect. She hadn't known it when she met him, her definition of a perfect guy had started changing and morphing into a description of him. 
He was exploring the mini fridge and came up with two cans of beer and was excited as an adventurer who had made a new discovery. She giggled but felt herself getting just as excited for no real reason except that he looked happy. 
"Kon-bay" 
They said in unison clinking their cans and  drank in a hurry. He fished out further cans. Clearly, the motel knew how to make money. 
"Cheerrrrss" they said as further cans were clanked and lots of crazy conversations were had, though largely incoherent and mixed with incessant laughter. 

When Yong Hwa woke up in the morning, he could barely manage to open his eyes. It took a moment for him to realize where he was. He gasped at the sight in front of his eyes. The girl he loved was sleeping peacefully, her face a mere inches from him, beyond her the ocean danced in the sunlight. At night, he hadn't caught glimpse of the sea but now there it stretched for miles, with no sign of rain, as if mocking him. 

She was still sleeping peacefully and he didn't have the heart to wake her up, but the thought of rain and possibility of never getting back to the island worried him. So he shook her awake, very carefully. 
"Shin Hye Ya " he called out softly. 
Unable to stop himself, he placed a kiss on her forehead. 
"Yong Hwa Ya.." She pulled him closer as she snuggled into his chest. When had the two buttons of his shirt, popped open and when had her hand slipped in? He was frozen in place. He couldn't do a thing. He had to do something, but he wasn't sure what. He had the worst case of brain freeze. He had no idea how long he waited until she opened her eyes and saw their position and moved away awkwardly. He was surprised he hadn't turned blue from holding his breath. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. Then hid her face in  embarrassment. If she expected him to comfort her, she wasn't about to be. Eventually she peaked through her fingers to see a dazed out Yong Hwa. 
She slowly moved her hands and shook him, "Yong"
He quickly sat up next to her. 
"We need to leave " she said trying to keep her voice steady. 
"Hmm? Yes ., yeah" he acknowledged with miscellaneous words and rushed to the bathroom and shut the door. 
Why was he acting like that she wondered then hid her face in her hands again. This was getting out of hand. Way, out of hand. 
Meanwhile YongHwa was beating himself up for acting like a school girl with a crush.  Honestly, he had no idea what had gotten into him but having her snuggle up to him had really taken a toll on his heart. He took a few calming breaths. By the time he was done showering and was back in his old clothes that had dried overnight, he was again a picture of nonchalance. Not to mention, confidence. 
She was standing by the window, watching the sea. He went and stood next to her.
"We should leave before it starts raining again" he said. 
She nodded not looking at him and was about to leave when he held her hand. 
She didn't turn around, he understood. 
"Hey" he said in his most melting voice, "don't change, you look beautiful" 
She felt a shiver go down her spine. The guy was going to be the death of her. She nodded and quickly escaped. Wow that was awkward, he thought. They were nothing like they used to be. He wasn't sure if it was good or bad. 

As they walked down the street, he took her hand, she didn't object. She looked radiant in yellow in the bright sunshine. 
"Yellow suits you"
"You've said that before"
"I have?"
"Yes, many years ago"
"You remembered" he grinned.
"It was a compliment" she pouted.
"Do you remember all the compliments you get, Shin Hye Sshi?" He teased.
"No, only the special ones Yong Hwa sshi " she nearly smirked " or those from special people". She had no idea that the guy next to her was having problems with his heart beat. "Or from people who never compliment"
She smirked. 
Stop acting like an idiot, he whispered to his heart. 
"So which category do I fall into? Shin Hye sshi?
Not wanting to let on what he was feeling, he soldiered on.
"Huh" she blushed but looked away as if at the shops that were slowly opening up for business. 
"Special people" she murmured truthfully. 
"I didn't hear that clearly Shin Hye sshi" he pulled her closer, she was now facing him. 
"It's the middle of the road" she muttered, not looking at him. 
He looked around, it was indeed the middle of the road but there was no vehicle in sight, nor were there any people around. Shops hadn't put up "open" signs yet. 
"Unless those people in the boats there can see us, we are pretty much on our own, Jagiya" this time the use of the endearment was deliberate and used to evoke a response.
She looked up at him, wide eyed. 
"Saranghae" he said simply. Effortlessly. Sincerely. 
She couldn't pretend that she didn't know. His emotions had touched her heart and there was no way she could escape the moment. She was not sure she wanted to escape the feeling. She should be worried and she would be, later, probably, but in that moment, in the bright sun shine, she could only look at him lovingly and smile. It felt good to be loved.