As the world keeps spinning around..

To an Island where we'll meet..

Annyeong ! Thank you for the over-whelming response to the first chapter:) I was thrilled to read all the comments. Really appreciate the comments and subs :) I hope you enjoy this chapter just as much! 

As the world keeps spinning around.. 

Shin Hye stood in awe, staring at the mansion that was to be her home for two weeks. She loved it instantly and felt the long journey she had undertaken, which included traveling to other countries to deflect any speculation on her whereabouts by curious fans or media, was well worth it. She had just been dropped off by a motor boat to this island which was often considered safe haven for the rich and the elite. Even at that moment, she had her doubts, she wasn't  really someone who fancied a star's lifestyle. Simple pleasures of life, that's what she always craved for. The island was stunningly beautiful but it was only when she reached the address she had diligently noted that she felt her spirits sore. 

As if on cue, YongHwa came rushing from inside the house to greet her. She couldn't help but grin at how domesticated he looked in his sleeveless T shirt and track pants. She let go of the luggage she was dragging along as soon as she saw him, ready to hug him. They didn't hug too often but wasn't he the one who suggested that they could do whatever they really wanted to? So she decided to go for the hug. She loved his hugs, they were the warmest, most heartening hugs she ever received aside from her family. Stupid rumors, she thought bitterly, had put an end to their physical interactions. 

Letting go of her thoughts and abandoning caution to winds, she flung herself into his outstretched arms. He went one step further in his excitement, he lifted her by her waist and spun her around. She laughed loudly at his sudden gesture. He put her down slowly but still held her in a hug before whispering sweetly into her ears "I am so happy you are here, Shin Hye yaa.. I missed you so much these past two days".

She blushed and giggled at his cheesiness, all at the same time. If she was invaded by doubts in her mind during her journey, they no longer existed. She felt strange that the feeling was akin to coming home and to think the man in question was not even her boyfriend. She had never taken such a leap of faith with anybody she ever dated. Things were always different with her rumored-but-never-in-real-boyfriend. 

Maybe it was the island breeze that she could feel caressing her skin, making her hair fly, she felt her heart race. It felt like a movie but she was not acting in it, instead she was the character, the girl to whom wonderful things happened after being transported into a magical island. She was literally skipping along running her fingers through her hair  not really listening to what he was chattering on while dragging her luggage. 

She marveled at the magnificent interiors. As expected, it was spacious and windy with minimal but sufficient furnishing. There were no trappings of overt sophistication possibly because it was always meant to be a vacation home. He took her straight to her room - well he said she could choose a different room once she was well rested and rid of her jet lag. She was in love with the room already, lovely dreamy curtains that were dancing in the wind and the cozy looking bed with a number of pillows and cushions in all shapes and sizes were all to her taste. She had lived in a lot of five star hotels during her overseas trips but had never felt so much at home in any of those places. 

She looked out through the window and saw the light blue sky and bluer waters and smiled to herself.  

"PARK SHIN HYE "

She was startled to hear her name called out loudly, bringing her out of her reverie. She turned around and was amused to see YongHwa standing with his arms on hips and a frown on his face. She had actually not listened to anything he said and that had never happened before. 

"Miane Yonghwa ya " she smiled sweetly hoping to cool him down. 

However, Yonghwa was not to be easily pacified, he was not used to being ignored least of all by her. So she went ahead and hooked her right arm into his left and tugged him along. 

"See.. The view is so beautiful here.." 
He was following her only reluctantly, but she persisted. 

"Do you see that boat there.. Yonghwa ya.." She asked pointing. He didn't say anything but she could see that he was listening. 
"I once drew a dream I had when I was 11 and this view is what it was. Maybe it's from a movie I saw or from a book or a picture I saw somewhere but it was this exact view" 

"Do you understand?" She asked him slightly anxious that he wouldn't. He unhooked his hand from hers but promptly wrapped it around her neck and pulled her closer. 
"I do" He said as he took out his cellphone and clicked a selfie. She smiled her brightest smile. Her melancholy mood a few days before she had met him had all gone with wind or should she say the sea breeze ? 

As I was saying earlier, he said without the sting he intended, but glaring at her all the same - again not effective, owing to the smile that refused to leave his face, "take a bath and go to sleep before the jet lag hits you badly. I'll keep some food ready so that you can eat whenever you wake up".  

She nodded obediently while he patted her head sweetly. He liked these times, when she was like the child in the relationship. She loved being the dominant one in a relationship even though she claimed otherwise. Their relationship had always struck the perfect balance with them taking turns to be the child in the relationship err friendship. That's why it remained so harmonious. Darn, the rumors, if not for those, they could've been in the same place but for an entirely different reason. 

Just as he turned to leave, he felt her tapping his shoulders. He swiveled around only to find her hugging him. He hugged back, gently rubbing her back. Oh, how he missed hugging her. His single most favorite person to hug was her, barring none. What he felt then was what he defined as true happiness right up there with successful concerts and beautiful music. It was somehow different from hugging family members. To be honest, the thing he missed the most when Heartstrings ended was hugging her, that and holding her hand. 

"I'm glad I came", She said softly. 
"Me too"
He held her by her shoulder and looked into her eyes, automatically grinning goofily at each other. He was trying hard to not show his teeth which made his smile all the more charming in her eyes. Her own smile was, the kind that makes her the much loved actress (or y goddess) in her home country sending lighting bolts through the hearts of thousands of men. He was no different. They needed to stop staring at each other and give such heart-melting smiles for their own sanity but who would tell them that?