Though the breezes through the trees.. move so pretty you're all I see..

To an Island where we'll meet..

Hello again, This has to be the fastest update I've ever made (yes ever!) and to be honest, I dont write quite as fast as most people do..so its a big deal but the shower of love was so much, I couldn't help but write faster. Thank you for all the love and support, much appreciated! :)

Though the breezes throught the trees move so pretty..you're all I see..

She ignored the knocking on her door but then he started calling out to her much to her annoyance. 

"Shin Hye Ya.. Shin Hye yaaaa... Park Shin Hye"

She covered her face with the duvet. It was bright and sunny outside and clearly, it was way past morning but why was YongHwa trying to break the door down? Hmmp. 

"The door is open" He heard a muffled voice. He took a moment to consider before slowly cracking the door open just a little. He saw that she was still happily cuddling her pillows with no intention of waking up anytime soon. That was his limit, he barged in calling out her name again.

"Shin Hye yaaaa"
"Hmmmmm"
"Wake up .. Palli palli.. It's noon"
"Ya.. " She threw a pillow at him. 
He caught it expertly and smirked as he looked at her sleepy face. 
"Let me sleep... I am on vacation"
She grumbled with eyes still tightly shut. 
"I already went wake-boarding today morning and took a ride on my Jetski." 
"Jjinja?"
(Really)
She asked excitedly as she finally opened her eyes. 
He nodded, still smirking at her. She threw another pillow at him. 
"You hate to see me sleep peacefully, don't you?" 
He caught it and flicked it aside casually starting to laugh. 
"Ya.. Jung Yong Hwa.. When will you change?"
He knew she was thinking of their old days of drama shooting when he would wake her up just because he was bored.
"Do you want me to " he asked sniggering. 
She fished out a sham from behind to throw at him but he sat down and took the sham out of her hand and cast it aside. 
"I heard the next few days may not be as suitable for water games. Come on, you don't want to miss the fun" 
He prodded her gently. 
She nodded. 
"Ok."
"Ok get ready, I'll make breakfast for you"
He said, lightly touching her cheeks before he left.

Shin Hye was dressed for a day of action. She was thrilled about doing water sports. She always did them on her mini vacations but rarely had good company to. YongHwa was the only person she knew who enjoyed water sports just as much as she did, but of course going with him would be the equivalent of declaring to the world that they were in love and / or were dating. 

It annoyed her how she could never be with him as friends. It never seemed to matter when she went out with her other friends but with him it was different. She had gotten so sick of their link up at one point that she even refused to do normal stuff friends do, like following each other on Twitter or Weibo. 

God forbid they meet each other for dinner, they might as well shout from atop the Namsan tower with loud- speakers that they were a couple. She realized how much she resented being tied up and having to pretend that they were merely colleagues. 

They were never "only colleagues". From the beginning, it had been a sincere friendship that was reciprocated from both sides. They had depended on each other, cared for and supported the other. There had always been genuine regard, respect and a lot of love.
Love. Love can be such a tricky word. Well, love can be a tricky emotion too.
 
She was standing in front of the kitchen island lost deep in such thoughts when Yong Hwa suddenly snapped his fingers right in front of her face. 
"Yaa..." She screamed, preparing to smack his head. He was experienced enough to duck away quickly much to her annoyance. 
"Dreaming of me?" He asked huskily right into her ears making her shiver just a little at his tone. 
She was about to make a scathing reply but changed her mind when she noticed the look on his face. He might have been joking but there was way too much hope etched on his face for her to completely disregard what he said. 
"Always" She said looking right into his eyes. 
A few seconds later they were back to smiling and joking as always but what about those few seconds ? Those moments remain unexplained, but unknown to them chipping away at the perfect frame of friendship.

"Let me ride now...." She shouted loudly over the sound of the Jetski. She was sitting behind him this time and boy, was he going fast, it was a miracle that they hadn't turned over yet. She was enjoying it thoroughly but now she wanted to beat his record. They could've just hired two jetskis and raced but no, they wanted to share the one jetski that Yong Hwa had rented for the week. 

Neither acknowledged it but it was a pact they had made around the time they met. When they had discovered their common love for water sports, they had promised each other that they would take the other for a ride and see who was better. Competitiveness never dies, so here they were competing for a competition way past its expiry date. 

"Shin Hye yaaaaa" He shouted at the top of his voice as she zigzagged like an expert, maneuvering the big waves caused by bigger boats that passed by. She was all about making dangerous turns, not speed. It was driving him crazy. He loved it, he could feel the adrenaline rush through him. He put up his hands in the air whooping.
  
"Yaaa"she screamed .. "Hold on"

He took his hands and wrapped it around her enveloping her completely both their safety jackets notwithstanding. 
She took another sharp turn directing the scooter towards their mansion. Him holding her from behind led her to lose her balance and they both fell into the water. It wasn't unusual to fall off a water-scooter so they were used to it. However, almost instinctively they checked if the other person was okay, before quickly helping each other to get back on, now completely drenched. 

"You are the best" He said as they locked the Jetski safely and made way to the mansion for a quick break. She beamed happily and wrapped her arm around his. He smiled to himself as he pulled her closer and walked on. 

The hot sun, the water dripping from their clothes, the harsh wind lashing through the trees, nothing seemed to affect them. They might as well have been walking on rose petals in warm sunlight caressed by a gentle breeze for that's how magical it was. They looked at each other and gave each other their best smiles. They could've kissed, if they were really in the magical land but reality still seemed to exist somewhere to pull back on the delusions that sometimes descended. 

They went parasailing, water-boarding, fly boarding later that afternoon. They were tanned and exhausted but insanely happy at the same time. As they walked back "home" he was actually singing out aloud * Can't stop me now..* while she joined in. He didn't fail to notice that she knew the words to the song. Every single word. His smile refused to leave his lips the entire trudge through the woods. 

That night, showered and changed into comfortable clothes, he lay down in the sunbed lounger playing tunes on his ukulele. He was so lost in the night and the music that he didn't realise she was standing right behind observing him.

Shin Hye had come in search of him finding herself alone in the house. Then she heard strains of music from the back of the house. 
The sight she saw was spellbinding. She could see the waves lapping at the shores from a distance, the moonlight bouncing off the swimming pool and giving a heavenly glow to the silhouette of Yong Hwa who was engrossed in his music. 

After what felt like an eternity, she approached him cautiously, she didn't want to disturb him. She needn't have been apprehensive, the minute he saw her, he beckoned her with his head. He moved to the side and patted the space next to him, inviting her to join him on the cushioned and comfortable lounge. She hesitated for just a moment before she did what she was told. 

She looped her arms around his biceps, so, he was free to play his ukulele. He played and sang a lot of songs that were her favourites, she hummed along. She felt content. The day was exhilarating but this right now was just perfect. 

She watched the trees swaying as a gentle breeze passed through them. He had kept aside the ukulele and was watching her now. He disentangled his arm from hers and gently nudged her head towards his shoulder and wrapped his arm around hers. She felt a slight sob escaping her surprising even herself. He looked at her, startled. There were tears streaming from the sides of her closed eyes. He used his free hand and wiped the tears while tightening the grip around her shoulder with the other. She opened her eyes to stare at him. He was searching her eyes for an answer, she shook her head slightly to assure him it was nothing but the tears wouldn't stop as easily. He wiped away every tear that escaped her eyes. 

Her eyes were still steadily on him. He understood what she felt, he didn't need to ask her. After living a life burdened by people's expectations and under the media glare, to actually be carefree and do the things that your heart desires was a luxury. He had gone through similar emotions on the very first day he had arrived as well. He took her into his arms, holding her comfortably in his embrace. He placed a feather light kiss on the top of her head. She snuggled further into his chest. He slid his hand down her back and pulled her closer. 

He woke up with a start at the sound of a motor boat that passed by. It was deep into the night. He looked at the girl asleep in his arms and smiled a little. He was living a dream and every other male would probably both agree with him and envy him. He wondered if he should wake her up but he didn't need to make the decision as the morons in the motorboat had decided to blare loud music just as they passed by the island. Surely it was illegal to do so? He looked at her sleeping figure in concern.

As if on cue, she woke up, startled and their gaze met. It took only three seconds for the awkwardness to set in. They both withdrew their arms quickly, as they sat up avoiding the other's gaze. They had been awfully comfortable for two claimed to be *just friends*. She was looking at her palms while he was looking up at the sky. She heard him gasp. He had grasped her hand mumbling something she couldn't quite place, she looked up at what he was pointing, she thought she saw something pass by but wasn't sure what it was. She didn't need to ask him though for it was her turn to gasp. It was a shooting star. It had disappeared before she remembered that people made wishes upon them. However, she was in luck, it wasn't just one shooting star or two, there were in time to watch a rare meteor shower. 

They watched in awe as star after star fell out of the sky. His hand that had grasped hers was now intermingled with her fingers. 
It felt like the heavens were blessing them. A once in a life time sort of moment. A surreal moment. When it finally ended, they gaped. People went out of the way to be able to watch something that special with their special someone. Here they were being showered with celestial sights on its own accord. Maybe it was a sign ? Maybe they were just lucky. Either way, it was special and it was with someone special, they knew it and there was no point denying that.