chapter 73

THE MAGICAL PAINTING

Jaejoong cleaned up and laid on his bed thinking …

A lot of things happened today ..he really should sleep to get some rest …

He closed his eyes ..he remembered …tomorrow he has to meet yoochun and risa ..not for anything important but only because he promised them to ..he hopes they don’t go to his apartment …ok so he will see what yunho want to show him in the morning then go to see yoochun and risa …

He sighed …he thought that meeting them after aya's subject was brought up would be hard but he seemed to have managed to get around the subject and close it successfully ..now he can meet them without worries …

…yoochun…

He has been acting with him weirdly …maybe he should try to get back to normal with him since he only has few more days at best here …

He thought for a moment …he really wants to sleep but there is this one point he wants to make sure of it …yunho went to changmin so that means …

"top?"

"yes sir ?"

"where are you now ? can you come here ?"

Top said while standing at the foot of his bed :

"at your service sir …yunho sama returned to the research room and dismissed me ..what can I do for you ?"

"oh..well …actually there is something I want to ask you about "

Jaejoong sat up straight in his bed a weird energy pumping in his veins suddenly and said :

"you know top that there are a lot of magical things I want to know about but I don’t want to bother yun chan so I thought maybe you can explain them to me in a simple way "

"ok sir ..bother me as much as you like "

"I have a question about the aura thing "

"what is your question sir ?"

Jaejoong gulped and said :

"yun chan said to yoochun that he cant find aya because he cant feel her aura which means if he could feel it he would have found her easily "

"yes yunho sama said that "

"then.."

Jaejoong took a deep breath and continued :

"then ..then if it was that easy to find people by their auras why didn’t ichiro try to find yoochun when he stole the painting by his aura ? ichiro must know his son's aura …that is not to mention his own aura in the painting "

Top sighed then said softly :

"do you really wanna know ?"

Jaejoong felt his hands shiver ..he doesn’t know why but this subject makes him nervous …he knows deep down that he didn’t ask yunho because he was afraid to, not because he didn’t want to bother him …what is he scared of ? …but top's answer made him even more nervous …do you really wanna know ?...did he ?...

He nodded yes …he wants to know …he really does ….top said :

"actually I am not sure if I should tell you this but I know yunho sama wont forgive me if I lied to you .."

Top took a deep breath then said :

"yunho sama was lying"

"lying ?"

"yes …this whole aura thing he made a big mountain out of a small rock "

"what do you mean ?and before you continue I saw yoochun's aura and I still can feel it …I still feel that yoochun is here with me because of his aura that is surrounding me "

"jaejoong sama …I didn’t say or mean that the aura thing is a lie …I said that it was exaggerated .. the aura is something real that can be very useful in magical things but finding missing people through their auras is something totally untrue ..the aura is a real energy and it has an important role but it is a weak energy that surround its owner no more or less …"

"so..what yun chan said to yoochun and risa …"

"has a lot of lies and exaggerating in it yes …yunho sama was able to paint an idea inside of yoochun's head by expertly mixing things that yoochun saw with things he believes yunho sama is capable of doing "

Jaejoong sighed …

So yunho lies sometimes just to make thins go faster and smoother …as a result yunho didn’t lie just gave the result to yoochun in a way that yoochun would believe …but he thought yunho cant lie about this thing particularly ….

"jaejoong sama …does it bother you that much ?"

"hmm…I don’t know …yun chan doesn’t stop surprising me …even hiroshi's talk about his past …you heard it too right ?"

"yeah ..and actually it made me wonder "

Jaejoong tipped his head to the side and said :

"wonder about ?"

"I don’t know much about yunho sama's past or his experience in magic …when he brought me here he was a magician and he was living alone …but I know that he was living in a complete isolation that when he first brought me here he was not able to stand having me with him in the same room if it wasn’t really necessary for a magical experiment .."

Jaejoong gulped …somehow he understood what top was trying to say …yunho was 16 when he started learning about magic ..then he became a magician while staying with hiroshi for a long time …then he moved to this house to stay alone for a long time before he brought top over …top works for yunho since 10 years ago …he really cant start to even imagine how old is yunho really …he cant imagine him but the boy he sees everyday …

Jaejoong murmured :

"I don’t know how long he spent with hiroshi but him not liking you and not being able to stand you doesn’t mean he was living alone for a long time "

"jaejoong sama you didn’t live with yunho sama then "

"that is right ..but let me tell you something ..being used to loneliness is something very easy …its enough to live alone for two month to find it annoying if someone tried to middle in your life "

"that is right ..so you can imagine the time you have to spend alone not to be able to handle sharing the air of the same room with someone else …let alone talking to someone else "

"hmm~"

So said jaejoong while lying back on the bed only to shot straight up again and say:

"that is right ..i have another question "

"what is it jaejoong sama ?"

"that Atheer capsule …anyone who knows spells and how to do them can use it even if he is not a magician right ?"

Top didn’t answer ..he knew where jaejoong was going with this …

"then even I can use it if I learned spells and how to use them "

"I believe yunho sama wouldn’t like you getting involved in the magic world "

"what are you saying ? I am already in the magic world …. I my self a result of a magical operation"

"yeah but it is different when you practice magic your self "

Top's answers were getting shorter and shorter …jaejoong ignored that and said :

"can I become a magician too I wonder …I mean is it something that only few people can do or everyone can ?...."

"why do you want to become a magician ? yunho sama is a great magician "

"yeah but you help yun chan now ..when we are going to travel you will be set free and wont be by his side then "

"that is because he wont need someone to help him anymore "

Jaejoong pouted and blow up his cheeks while murmuring :

"why are you arguing with me ? I am asking can a normal guy like me practice magic or not ?"

Top bowed apologizing and said :

"I am afraid I cant answer you about this question jaejoong sama …if you want an answer you should ask yunho sama ..and if you want my advice don’t ask him or ever think about that again "

Jaejoong looked at top for a long time in which top stared at him right back …jaejoong finally said :

"is magic that bad ?"

"are those all your questions for tonight jaejoong sama ?"

Jaejoong sighed ,nodded and said :

"yes ..i will sleep now …good night "

"good night jaejoong sama …I will turn off the lights "

"ok"

Top then turned off the lights in the room and disappeared in thin air ….

 

*************************

 

Yunho sat on a chair near changmin watching him cast spells absentmindedly ….

Some time passed in silence until changmin said smirking :

"you are in love with jaejoong "

Yunho looked calmly at changmin watching him act like he didn’t say anything then said :

"yeah"

"and that is so unlike you "

"and that is so not your business "

"I noticed that you tell him everything …well actually ..i kind of expected something like that …after you gave me back my old memories and I thought about it after mixing what I know about you and what I know about your relationship with him I came out with the result that your affection for him is not an act and that it passed the line of like into the line of love or maybe even deeper than that .."

"oh ..that is why you asked to meet him or me when you woke up …you knew he would be here "

"yes …but I don’t understand …I don’t understand how your relationship with him got this deep in this short time …I don’t understand how YOU can love someone this deeply in this short amount of time "

Yunho sighed and said :

"yeah well actually …me and jaejoong didn’t meet each other at school like you think …we met long before that "

Changmin's eyes widened and he said :

"but in the start only me and jaejoong were friends… to be more accurate I am the one who introduced you two to each other "

"yes …we planned that … jaejoong picked you to be his friend fully knowing that you wont let me sit alone in class near you two without trying to add me to your group …he is very smart you know "

Changmin gulped and said :

"and why did you two do that ?"

"it was a precautionary step from me …I was being too careful of my moves because its been a long time since I went out into the world and I was trying to be very careful as to not attract the attention of other magicians …but after a while in school I knew I was being too careful and that the situation wasn’t that dangerous but by then we were already friends "

Changmin smiled bitterly and said :

"so we are not real friends …my only friends at school not really my friends "

"oh don’t say that …you know that I loved sleeping over at your house and you know how jaejoong think of you as a real friend …you cant tell me you didn’t notice how happy he was when he saw you here "

"actually he was more shocked than happy ..but now that I think about it I think its normal "

Changmin then met yunho's eyes and said :

"but then what is your story with jaejoong ?how come you are being this close to a normal person ?...you hate people and don’t trust them!!"

"that is true …and that didn’t change …but jaejoong is different "

"and that is what I am asking you about …why is he different ?"

Yunho met changmin's eyes and said :

"even if I explained to you I don’t think you would understand "

 "you are saying that because you cant explain "

Changmin said that with a smirk …yunho looked away and said :

"when I met jaejoong there was something in common between him and me which made it easier for us to get closer "

"something in common ?"

"yes ..the common desperation to leave this world behind "

Yunho got up and started to walk around the room while continuing :

"first of all ..both of us gave the world a second chance through all the pain while believing that this world cant be that bad …"

He looked up ,exhaled and continued :

"and both of us went through one accident that was the breaking point for us …it made us hurt so much that it made us want to leave this whole world behind but without killing our selves …both of us agree on the stupidity of suicide …"

"but you know that you don’t fall in love with someone just because he is like you …he thinks like you "

 "jaejoong is not like me …jaejoong is much more purer than me…I ruined him a bit but he is still too pure to be compared with me "

Yunho smiled a meaningful smile and continued :

"I am a magician you know "

Silence fell heavy for few moments then changmin said :

"but then ..how did you manage to win his trust ?...i cant ask you how you met him because you wont answer me anyway …what I am curious about though is that you are a loner and I don’t think you were nice or friendly with him when you met him …when I think about it I become even more shocked of how I left you and how I came back to see you in school with a lover ….you don’t like strangers and strangers don’t like you …"

Here to changmin's utter surprise yunho smiled a wild smile and said :

"about my meeting with jaejoong ofcourse I wont tell you but what I would tell you though is that he did more than 80% of the effort to build our relationship …and he is now working even harder to keep it …from the start jaejoong proved to me that he gives me unconditional trust even though we at that point had just met …"

Changmin's eyes widened and he said ;

"how ?"

"let me tell you this first …when I met jaejoong he wasn’t jaejoong …he wasn’t a guy he was a girl "

Changmin's eyes widened even more and he said :

"what ???!!"

"don’t react strongly …don’t ruin your work"

"jaejoong was a girl?!"

"yes his name was jenna "

"you gave your trust to a girl ???and you were going to travel with her using …."

Yunho exhaled and said  :

"yes"

"but you hate girls!!"

"hiroshi ..you are forgetting that I hate all people in this world and the one I hate the most in this world is a man "

Changmin murmured :

"but jaejoong …kim jaejoong was a girl? ..he must have been a very beautiful girl ..his face is so pretty .."

Then he looked at yunho and smirked a wide smirk… yunho sighed and said :

"why are you smirking ?"

"now I am even more sure of how deeply you are in love with jaejoong "

"what do you mean ?"

"you changed jaejoong from a girl to a boy because you hate girls and wanted him to be a boy "

Yunho's face reddened in a second and he said :

"that is absolutely not true !!!"

"come on admit it …don’t be shy "

"I didn’t change jaejoong into a boy according to my will"

"really ? you did it accidently ?"

"not that ..listen…"

 Yunho took a deep breath and continued :

"you see this painting in front of you ?..it is supposed to be a perfect tool to travel between dimensions but some of it is not completed yet "

"such as ?"

"as the fact that girls cant touch or use the painting "

Changmin's eyes widened and he said :

"really??"

"yes"

"ah ~ and you changed jaejoong into a boy so he can travel with you "

"exactly"

Yunho leaned his face closer to changmin's face ,looked deep in his eyes and continued :

"when I  decided to take jaejoong with me he was a girl ..i didn’t change him to a boy because I don’t like girls I changed him because I had no other choice "

Changmin stayed silent for a while thinking then said :

"and he allowed you to ? I mean you cant change him without his approval "

"and that is what I meant by trust "

"he gave you himself and asked you to change him so he can travel with you ?"

"yes …ofcourse I explained to him how that once its done he cant go back to being a girl ever again "

"and you had the painting then ?"

"no not yet "

Changmin looked at yunho for a long time then said :

"an idiot …what if you were lying to him ?"

Yunho smiled and said :

"when I asked him that he blinked at me then said with a huge smile on his face 'why would you lie to me?' …"

"oh for god's sake !!"

"on some level she was smart in that …she saw my house ,saw how I live and the kind of books in the house …she knew this is something bigger than a trap …but you don’t sleep leaving your body in the hands of a stranger to change your just so you can travel and live the rest of your life with him …but jaejoong did that …jaejoong doesn’t just trust me but he doesn’t forget to tell me and show me how much he trust me all the time and in every occasion "

Changmin smiled and said :

"and that is why he is different"

Yunho didn’t answer for a while but just kept staring at the painting then he said :

"you ..i don’t know how long I have to practice magic till I reach the point in which I can have a whole conversation done while casting spells "

"I was going to teach you but you refused to learn how to steal magic ..its your business now you have to learn by your self "

"I agree completely …so take revenge on me now and do the work I couldn’t do for my self in a short time "

 

******************************

 

Jaejoong woke up on the voice of top in his head …

"jaejoong sama ..good morning ..jaejoong sama "

After a short conversation between top and a sleeping jaejoong the later finally woke up annoyed …

"what time is it ?"

"6:30 am sir "

"why are you waking me at this time ???"

"yunho sama wants to meet you before breakfast "

"my waking up time is a half hour later top "

"yunho sama wants to meet you now "

Jaejoong sighed in defeat and said :

"whatever …I am going to wash my face and change me cloth first though …then you can come take me to him "

 

**********************************

 

In the research room yunho was sitting near changmin when top and jaejoong appeared infront of them …

Top bowed respectfully while yunho smiled lovingly at jaejoong and said :

"good morning jaejoong "

Jaejoong pouted but murmured :

"good morning"

Then nodded at changmin who smiled and said :

"it seems that you are still sleepy"

Yunho said :

"forgive me jaejoong for waking you up this early but I wanted to get this over with quickly ..come see this "

Jaejoong looked at both changmin and yunho for a while then silently moved closer …

On the long table there was a paper that has something like a very big finger print on it ...

Yunho said :

"this paper here is the result of a whole night worth of work "

"you two didn’t sleep at all last night ?"

"yes but this is an important step …now that I have ichiro's magic print I can work on the painting without it fighting me back because it will think that I am ichiro "

Jaejoong's eyes shined and he said :

"so its useable now ?"

Yunho nodded smiling and jaejoong smiled back but then his heart suddenly squeezed in his chest …he remembered the people and things that connect him to this world ….

Changmin laughed and said :

" don’t look like that …the painting now is useable in its magical futures but that doesn’t mean you will be traveling through it tomorrow or even the day after it "

"but why?"

Yunho said :

"first I have to test the ways of traveling through the painting if they work or not …and I have to make sure that they are safe if they work ..and to learn how to choose the dimension we are going to go to …and some other stuff …I cant risk traveling through it before testing everything in it "

"but didn’t ichiro try it and made of it a huge discovery ?can it really not work ?"

"I cant relay on the words of a dead man …I have to try everything myself first before declaring it safe to use "

Jaejoong smiled ..this is his yunho …then he said :

"and second ?"

"second I will do it before first …I am going to change the magic print from the inside to my magic print and that way the painting would be mine and not ichiro's "

Jaejoong tipped his head to the side not understand so top said :

"if I may yunho sama "

Everyone looked at him and he continued :

"jaejoong sama ..this is close to when you hack someone's personal email then change its password  to something only you know and by that you keep the email with everything it has and all its functions but the only difference would be that you will be the owner of the email and only you can log into it "

He looked a meaningful look at yunho then added :

"ofcourse if someone else didn’t hack to that email later and took over it "

Changmin here said :

"don’t worry about that ..as you know people who hack are the ones who know most about protection programs and they always make themselves immune to hacking "

Jaejoong's eyes widened and he said :

"is that even possible?"

"yes ..hiroshi here just did the hacking for me "

"and by that the painting becomes yours and no one else can use it "

"exactly and by that I would get rid of ichiro's magic and all the troubles it brings with it "

"but then ..why didn’t you do that long ago ?"

"you know me ..i hate using anyone's help ..even if it was hiroshi …so I tried everything I can before I asked for his help "

Jaejoong was shocked with horror …yunho put yoochun's life in danger and did that dangerous experiment just so he wont ask help from hiroshi ????.....

He breathed in deeply …

Anyway …now the painting is almost theirs …

Jaejoong looked at yunho and smiled ..smiled so widely that the gauze moved abit …

Changmin said :

"that is why I think you should spend those last few days with the people you love in this world ..and I mean everyone ..there is takimoto the old book shop owner ..you wont see him again after you leave this world …there is your school friends even if they were annoying sometimes …there is your lawyer neighbor who used to send you food sometimes …if you thought about it there is a lot of people and things you would want to say good bye to …eat your favorite food in your favorite restaurant and enjoy going to places you used to go to and love because you will never see them again …"

Jaejoong looked down sadly while yunho looked angrily at changmin …why did he have to ruin jaejoong's happiness !!!...

Changmin ignored yunho's looks and continued :

"its ok ..be sad and use this chance to say good bye its better than be sad when you look for those things and remember you lost them without even a last look "

Jaejoong nodded and said softly :

"and you yun chan ?dont you have something or someone to say good bye to ?"

Yunho walked to jaejoong ,grabbed his shoulders and said with a loving smile :

" I am going to take with me everything that I love in this world so why say good bye ?"

"oh ..so you are going to take the tea boxes with you after all sir ?"

Everyone looked at top who suddenly noticed the look on their faces and bowed respectfully then said :

"the breakfast is ready gentlemen "

Then he disappeared in thin air before any of them was able to say a word …

Yunho sighed and said :

"lets continue our work after we eat our breakfast"