Chapter 20

Bloodlust

“You live in a damn palace.” Jaemin said plopping himself onto the couch. “My sweet Anna is here all alone with that thing.” Hongki said continuing his teasing which I knew irked Chanyeol. “Wow… you can add gold-digger to your resume Anna… congrats.” Soomin added which almost prompted me to punch her in the face again.

 

Chanyeol held my hand quickly, “Watch your tongue Kwon. Soo. Min.” Chanyeol said staring straight into her eyes. “Anna has more self control than I do.” He warned. “Hm. I can see that, considering the bruise on her face… It seems you’ve made that clear to even her.” Soomin continued to taunt us. “Soomin-ah… That’s enough my darling.” Honki said smiling with satisfaction.

 

Breathing heavily Chanyeol and I walk into the kitchen, our blood boiling with anger. As I was seething with anger, Chanyeol eased it with a kiss. “Don’t worry. That ghoul won’t get away with this.” He said smiling, kissing me passionately on the mouth, prompting me to momentarily forget the problems we are facing.

 

“Aw how so damn sweet.” Hongki hissed with a toxic tone. “Ghoul, you don’t know what you are getting yourself into.” Chanyeol said his voice full of intimidating authority.

 

Hongki’s smirk is quickly replaced with a serious stare. “You won’t be saying that reaper when I drink your girlfriend dry, not leaving a single drop of blood.” Chanyeol’s expression turned from confident to enraged. “Shut up you damn idiot. You don’t know what the hell you’re getting yourself into.” Chanyeol warned his voice unforgiving.

 

“Don’t you ever forget that in the living room that you happily smile in is where I killed both your siblings.” Chanyeol shot back as both men battle it out. Before Hongki could reply, Chanyeol grabs my hand and gears us back into the living room.

 

“Challenge excepted reaper.” Hongki whispers through his clenched teeth. “Anna don’t you miss me?” Hongki asked his expression closest to looking like Jisung he’ll ever get. “What? Now you’re disgusted by Jisung?” Soomin chimes once again.

 

“Yeah Soomin. Shut up before I knock you out again.” I warn shooting her the deadliest stare. “Yeah!” Soomin yells getting up from the couch to approach me.  “Say something again. I promise you, you won’t wake up with that face yours tomorrow.” I hiss.

 

Jaemin feels the tension instantly and blocks our paths from one another. “Ladies. Let’s enjoy this time together. Jisung woke from the dead. Come on guys. Fun remember?” Jaemin says merrily. “Babe, let’s just order something food so we can try to enjoy.” Chanyeol says with a smile forcefully placed on his face.

 

 

As Chanyeol and I set up the table, everyone begins to take their seats. Before I was able to sit beside Chanyeol, Hongki pulls me down. Suddenly, I find myself sitting on Hongki’s lap. “Let go.” I say glaring at Hongki who joyfully wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, which puts pressure onto the bruises on my body.

 

“Hong- Jisung.” Chanyeol says in a stern voice. “I just missed her so much you know?” Hongki said smiling placing one of his hands on my thigh. “Yeah!” I screech in discomfort. “Jeez Anna relax.” Hongki says with a smile letting his hands fall beside him. “Well that was weird... Let’s grub.” Jaemin said dashing only some of the tension that has magnified.

 

After the dinner Chanyeol and I have gone through so many failed attempt to subtly kick the guests out of our house. “I have a splendid idea, shall we all sleepover? I mean… you both have enough room for all of us.” Hongki said slowly migrating toward the stairs.

 

“No.” Chanyeol and I both say simultaneously. Jaemin looked at and Soomin responded, “I think we’ll pass on this one Jisung. We’ll see you at school.” Jaemin said knowing that he has over stayed his welcome. Hongki’s expression changed instantly from confident, to scared. Chanyeol and I knew that Hongki is only confident when humans are there to stop us from killing him.

 

We led them outside, and bid them goodnight. “Let the games begin.” Chanyeol whispered at Hongki who was cautiously walking away. “I’m going to kill you and then burn you.” Chanyeol threatened.

 

Once we closed our front door, Chanyeol picked up his staff. Placing his hood over his head, “Let the hunt begin.” He said.