Chapter 15

Bloodlust

As I collapse onto the bed Chanyeol and I share, my heart finally began to lighten. “I didn’t know you were that strong.” Chanyeol joked as he lay down beside me. Even though we have been living together for weeks, I still find myself basking in his handsomeness.

 

“You know, if materializing is starting to make you weak, you can stop.” I say snuggling into his chest. “I hear your concern, but I’m more concerned about you.” He says placing his chin over my head. “This ghoul problem isn’t lightening up. It’s actually getting closer.” He warns, his hands making its way to my hips.

 

I turn my body to face him. Shyly, I slip my hands under his shirt, wanting to feel his skin under the palm of my hands. Swiftly, he removes his shirt, and then mine. He kisses me passionately making all my worries seem like they were miles away.

 

His gentle touch still causes my body to melt under his palms. I get on top of him, kissing the nape of his neck.

 

Suddenly, I could feel Chanyeol’s body stiffen under my touch. When I open my eyes, his were crimson colored. Panicked, I remove my body from his and sit beside him. He puts his pointer finger on his lips, gesturing me to not say a word.

 

He quickly changes into comfortable clothes and grabs the staff before heading out of the bedroom. Quickly, I put on comfy clothes as well and follow him down the stairs, making sure I keep a safe distance just in case something happens. His once pristine white and bright living room was now pitch black.

 

I knew instantly that Chanyeol has made himself invisible to others. The eerie silence plagued our once lively home. Holding on to the railing of the stairs for stability I slow my pace down the stairs. As I get closer and closer to the bottom, the temperature continues to drop. The front door was closed, but the windows were blown open, allowing the cold wind to circulate throughout the house.

 

“Annaaaa~” A familiar voice sang. Upon hearing this, I froze in place frightened for my life. It was the man who had stabbed me. With chills running down my spine, I hastily make my way back to the bedroom unable to see Chanyeol anywhere.

 

Suddenly a cold hand grips my arm, “Chanyeol?” I ask nervously. “Wrong.” An unfamiliar voice said as he flung me across the room. Hitting the wall, I feel my body absorb all the impact. The wind was knocked out of me, but I still manage to scream Chanyeol’s name. “Wrong again.” A different but familiar voice says as I was once again flung into the air.

 

It has now become apparent that there were two ghouls in the house and Chanyeol was nowhere to be found.