Chapter 13

Bloodlust

“It is done.” Chanyeol said, lowering the scythe to his side. His eyes turned back to their original dark brown shade once again. Distraught, I begin to shake uncontrollable. Jisung’s lifeless body lay pale on the floor.

 

Swiftly, Chanyeol grabs a blanket to cover Jisung’s body. “Ghouls?” I ask spiteful. He nods his head and guides me to his bedroom. “Sleep with me tonight…”He says in the most sympathetic whisper. A blubbering sob escapes my mouth as he places me onto one side of his bed.

 

He sets the staff on the floor next to the bed, well in his reach. “I know this isn’t the right time to say this but I will take Jisung’s body somewhere for the humans to find.” He says gently as he stokes my hair.

 

My energy was drained and Jisung’s death was fresh on my mind I say, “I understand.” He wraps his long arms around me, providing me comfort. After hours of quite sobbing I finally fall asleep.

 

Though I wasn’t able to say goodnight to Jisung, but he appeared vividly in my dreams. “I’m sorry I wasn’t able to stay long enough to protect you.” He said in the pure white setting of my mind. “Don’t say that.” I say crying once again. Running toward him, I wrap my arms around him one last time.

 

His arms wrap around me too, “I love you, and will miss you.” I choked back my sobs. “I will miss you so much. You are my best friend. My only family.” I say. He kisses my forehead, a small smile on his face. “You were my everything.” He continued.

 

I was shocked to hear this, “Did you…?” I stop before completing my question. He nods and kisses me on cheek and then softly on the lips. “I’m sorry I had no—.” He shakes his head before I could finish. “Shhh. Just be happy.” He says, his smile widening.

 

Just like that, he was gone.

 

By the time I head down the stairs after a long and tiring night, everything what back to normal. Jisung’s body was gone, it almost fooled me to think that he may still be alive.

 

“Hey. How are you? ” Chanyeol greets me wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me close to kiss the top of my head. “Not the best, but better.” I say leaving the part out about how Jisung had appeared in my dream to say goodbye.

 

 

 

 

It has officially been a week since Jisung’s funeral, and it has only gotten slightly better. “I know you might not like this idea, but I think it’d be best for you to take a break from school. Only until I can get rid of the ghouls who are terrorizing you.” Chanyeol said as we sat at the dinner table.

 

As usual, I was the only one with food. “No way.” I say choking on a piece of chicken. “I’ve made it this far. If I quit now, I would have to be a semester behind.” He let out a sigh, unable to deal with my stubbornness. “Your life is in danger. I’m not being a jealous boyfriend. My reasons are reasonable.” He argues.

 

“Babe, I understand I swear I do but giving up school for an unknown period of time is such a huge risk.” I reply placing another piece of chicken into my mouth. Chanyeol gets up from his seat and crouches down beside me so we are eye to eye.

 

“You are so damn stubborn babe.” He says kissing me gently on the lips, even though he knew my mouth was full of chicken. I break his kiss and try not to spit out my food in shock. “HEY!” I say drinking a gulp of water to help me swallow my food. “You leave me with no choice.” He says defeated. “Which is what?” I ask looking at his serious face.

 

“I guess I’ll just have to enroll into every one of your classes.” He says causing a gasp to escape from me. “It’s too late!” I say in protest. “I can always use some random excuse about being a foreign student. And besides… I’m rich. They have to accept my donations.” He winks. “You’re going to bribe my school into letting you become a student?” I ask a smile forming on my face. I never once realized how cunning Chanyeol was.

 

Even though I protested, after two days, we were hand in hand walking into our now first class.