"A Story Like a Legend : Final"

Amethyst's One-Shot Collection for YUNJAE

“A STORY LIKE A LEGEND – FINAL”

 

 

“It’s true…the trees aren’t blooming…not until this morning…” All of them threw a glance to the source of unknown voice. An old man appeared from behind their car.

 

“…and now I know why…” he said. His eyes fixed directly on Jaejoong’s face.

 

“Ahjusshi~! You came at the right time…” Junsu shrieked.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…here I introduce you to the man who’s in charge on this village…he’s a veteran and knows almost everything…” Junsu gestured with his hand. Jaejoong blinked his eyes and bowed slightly to him.

 

“Please take care of us…” Junsu and Changmin too did the same.

 

“Ahjusshi…may I ask…what do you mean by what you’ve said just now?” Jaejoong asked politely.

 

“I think you know what I’ve meant by it…”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes trailed off to his feet; admitted it subtly.

 

“This village holds an interesting story…you have no question about that…but you came here to find out more about yourself than the history of this village; am I correct?”

 

Jaejoong placed his palm on his stomach; right at the scar.

 

“…and I’m assuming that your friend here doesn’t have a clue about your identity?” He continued. Jaejoong glanced at Junsu then to him.

 

Junsu darted a confused look between the two of them then turned to Jaejoong.

 

“What’s with your identity; Jaejoong-ah? Do you understand what he was saying?” Jaejoong left Junsu’s question as a question. A question which he’s still searching for the right answer.

 

“Can we talk in private?” Jaejoong made a personal request. The old man gestured with his hand; showing to Jaejoong the way.

 

“Jaejoongie?”

 

Jaejoong looked back to Junsu.

 

“You have nothing to worry; Junsu-ah…I’ll promise you an exclusive story later on…for now; you can go that place you wanted to go so much…” Jaejoong smiled in assurance.

 

Junsu blushed; a bit embarrassed that his original plan was discovered so easily by Jaejoong.

 

*****

 

They’ve been roaming around the neighborhood for more than 15 minutes that Jaejoong seems didn’t realized how far they’ve gone from where they started just now. But for the past 15 minutes; they haven’t spoke a word yet.

 

Jaejoong looked around the rugged landscape; admiring every bit of it.  Stealing a glance at him; the old man bit back a smile. Jaejoong probably didn’t realize it that the route they’ve been taking was decided by him. He’s just following Jaejoong’s steps.

 

“Feeling like home?” The old man unintentionally burst Jaejoong’s bubble of thought.

 

Jaejoong looked at him. A chuckle escaped from his cherry red lips.

 

“It seems that way…it would be very much alive if I could hear the same noises from back then again…” Jaejoong reminisced. His dimple’s visible to his eyes when Jaejoong’s lips curved into a smile.

 

“I couldn’t believe it that I’m able to meet you once again before I close my eyes…” he voiced out; drawn Jaejoong’s attention fully on him.

 

“I’ve met you once before…just like you; the other ‘you’ came here to find the answer for those dreams he’s been having…”

 

“So…did he…” Jaejoong stopped abruptly.

 

“…did I found what I’ve searching for?” He rephrased the sentence.

 

“He…you found it…but barely…you’re running out of time…I’m glad that I could meet you again for the 2nd times; witnessing the wonder with my two eyes just like my old man used to…but seeing you here again; that’s mean you failed to fulfill your wish-again…”

 

“Running out of time?”

 

Jaejoong winced at the sudden pain pricking and nudging his scars. He took slow deep breaths; trying not to hyperventilate. This was it. No more wild speculation. No more baseless dreams. He was about to discover his past and the truth. It’s just the pain; he could deal with it.

 

If he’s really is chased by the time; that’s the more reason for him to not delay it.

 

“Ahjusshi…please tell me everything that you know about me…anything that I need to know…”

 

“…the name…and the information about the man I love…”

 

He didn’t answer Jaejoong’s question straightaway. He looked down to his wrist as he’s checking the time instead.

 

“You’ll find him soon…” He said simply while patting Jaejoong’s arm.

 

Jaejoong’s mouth moved like he was about to say something but oddly there’s nothing he could think of.

 

“Look…I can’t help much…but this village will give you the answer what you’ve been looking for…try to walk around and the memories will come back to you; that’s how the other ‘you’ did…”

 

*****

 

Yunho was convinced the key to his past lay at this abandoned village, so if he had to break into that property illegally…he would. But luckily he doesn’t have to and lucky for him that Yoochun was there with him too.

 

“Apparently that writer of that blog named Max has a relative who lives here…that’s how he gets the access and the full sources for the story…” Yoochun read it out while Yunho’s driving.

 

“I thought no one lives there anymore?”

 

“Well…there’s someone who needs to look after the village; right…”

 

Yunho shrugged off.

 

“So…we can be here?” Yunho slowed down the car when he found the right place to park his car.

 

“I’ve asked for his permission already…so we can…” Yoochun said in convincing tone. He closed the laptop and looked around the place. He swallowed down at the odd emotion swirled inside him. He’s so assured that he never stepped his feet on that place before but somehow the place looks so familiar.

 

He glanced at Yunho briefly; checking him out. Yunho’s already out of the car. His heart raced when he placed his feet on the ground.

 

“Why am I feeling this way? What have I done?” Yoochun mumbled; slightly swayed as he walked. It seems like he wasn’t welcomed to that place. The ground where he’s walking at that time is rejecting him.

 

“Yoochun-ah…I’ll just walk around first…you can go ahead; surveying the place…” Yunho said and walked ahead.

 

Yunho’s voice barely registers to his ears. He’s having trouble to breathe and the ground felt like shaky. Yoochun brought his right hand to hold his left chest while his other hand on his head; feeling dizzy.

 

“I can’t leave him…I love him!”

 

“But Jaejoongie…you’re betrothed to someone else…you should know that…”

 

“I don’t wanna be with someone that I don’t love; appa…”

 

“Please…I beg you…”

 

Yoochun overheard their conversation. He turned around; his face grim.

 

“No…no…It can’t be me…no…” Yoochun repeated the same thing all over again. He was shaken by a sudden; blinding pain in his head. He’s being forced to reminisce the past.

 

“I want that Jung Yunho to die! Don’t ever let him live!!!”

 

The impact of his own words made him staggered; his hand reached out for the tree to hold on.

 

It was him.

 

He fell down at the foot of the tree as he’s gasping for the air. The tears streamed down.

 

“Yunho-ah…I’m sorry…I’m sorry for putting you into this…I’m sorry…” Yoochun muttered under his breath. Both of his hands clamped the ground; he fell down into a sitting position with his body hunched to the front slightly.

 

“What should I do to fix this?” the tears rolled from his cheek and down to the ground.

 

“Please~ Hear out my wish…please let me meet with my true love…that one that was destined for me~~!”

 

Yoochun lifted his head when he heard a voice. Through his blurry vision; he could see a figure of someone’s standing at the memorial stone. That voice nudged another piece of his memories.

 

He closed his eyes; overwhelmed by the intensity of the pain in his head. After a dizzying moment, it cleared.

 

“Oppa~” A light tap landed on his shoulder. His cousin’s face popped out from behind the tree. She carefully adjusted her hanbok and sat next to him.

 

“I don’t want to get married…I have someone else that I love…”

 

“Junnie!”

 

Then his past fell firmly and completely into place. He finally remembers the face that always flashed her innocent smile to him despite she’s been scolded or yelled at.   

 

“Aish…my voice is too slow...they might don’t hear it…should I say it one more time?” He cocked his chin up; thinking and asking himself.

 

“Maybe I should…” He closed his eyes and clasped his hands together.

 

“PLEASE~ LET ME MEET WITH MY TRUE LOVE~ THE ONE THAT WAS DESTINED FOR ME~~!”

 

Yoochun burst a chuckle.

 

“Are you sure you’re not threatening them?”

 

Junsu jumped; utterly surprised. He threw a glare at Yoochun with his eyes were on the verge of popping out.

 

“W-who are you?”

 

Yoochun replied with a smile.

 

*At the same time

Changmin who’s stalking Junsu from the very beginning had witnessed the whole scene. His mouth tipped up a smile.

 

“This is how it meant to be…” Changmin muttered to himself as he’s viewing them. Relief washed away his face.

 

“I was right…I should deal with the two of them first…only then Yunho and Jaejoong can be together…”

 

Crossing both of his arms to his chest; he nodded.

 

*****

 

After leaving Yoochun; Yunho’s taking his stroll capturing all the beautiful views with his eyes when he reached at what supposed to be a busy market. It was the place where he met Jaejoong for the first time. It’s empty now and there’s more than enough space for him to walk freely.

 

Even if he spread his arms open; there’s no way he would bump with another. It’s empty and not to mention lonely too.

 

“Would I able to meet her again if I retrace the same steps?” He wondered.

 

And so Yunho started to walk the same steps like he took before; along the same path that he believed that would bring him back to the one he love. When he reached at the end of his journey; he thought that his heart stopped breathing. Or perhaps the time that stopped running?

 

“Kim Jaejoong…” He whispered out the name that stole his heart.

 

Standing underneath the blooming cherry blossom; he smiled brightly when some of the petals fell down and stuck on his head. Before he could grab them; one blow from the winds scattered them all floating in the air.

 

“Awww~” He pouted.

 

The smile then played at the tip of his mouth as he held up one hand to block his face from the sun ray.

 

“It’s beautiful…” He said.

 

Turning around; he startled when he caught the figure of the man’s staring at him. Just like him; he too almost couldn’t believe what his eyes’ seeing. He blinked his eyes rapidly. It took him a while for his brain to process everything and to gain back his consciousness before he started to take a stride approaching him.

 

Yunho could hear the sound of his beating heart; pounding against his chest when he walked forward graciously. He stopped right in the front of him.

 

“You’ve been following me…” He began.

 

“I’m sorry…” He quickly apologized.

 

A long silence filled up the air as they’re staring at each other. Several emotions mixed together and it was expressed clearly through their eyes.

 

“You’re still the same…not change a bit…” Titling his head slightly; Jaejoong voiced out.

 

“Really?” He then started to feel his face.

 

“Nah~ there’s no moustaches or beards…” He said it out loud but more to himself than to him.

 

Jaejoong palmed his mouth as he chuckled. Yunho’s eyes couldn’t leave Jaejoong’s face; the smile slowly worn off from his face as it was replaced with a serious one.

 

“I know this might sound ridiculous and absurd…”

 

“…but I think you can see how much I’m attracted to you…Jaejoong-shi…I really love you…”

 

Jaejoong looked away. The tears started to pool at the corner of his eyes.

 

“…and I think it’s time for me to do something that I should do before…instead of us running away together; why don’t you marry me?”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes widened. Yunho took out the ring from his pinky finger and held out his hand; asking for Jaejoong’s hand. Jaejoong looked down to Yunho’s hand and then to his face.

 

“You’re serious?” Jaejoong’s voice echoed.

 

“Don’t you think we have waited for too long?”

 

Jaejoong locked his mouth shut. His eyes darted back to the open hand and slowly his placed his own hand on Yunho’s palm. And without delaying a second; Yunho slipped on the ring into Jaejoong’s ring finger.

 

“It fit perfectly…” Jaejoong expressed as he examined it.

 

“Of course it would…it’s for you…”

 

“I know this might sound ridiculous and absurd…”

 

“…but Yunho-shi…I really love you…and of course I would like to spend my whole life with you…” Jaejoong said in return.

 

And both of them chuckled in unison.

 

 

*At the same time

Changmin breathed out a relief sigh. It’s finally happening right before his eyes.

 

“It’s real…it’s really happening…”

 

“Yeah it is…” The old man butted in. He stood next to Changmin.

 

“So that’s mean; I’m not going to see you anymore after this?” He asked Changmin.

 

 

*Flashback

“Young Master!!!!!” Changmin scrambled down to their sides; didn’t know what to do.

 

“C…Ch-changmin-ah…” Jaejoong brought his hand up and Changmin held it.

 

“Young Master…what should I do? What should I do?” Changmin panicked; the tears came out freely.

 

“D-don’t ever se…parate us…”  

 

“…let us…b-be together…” the tears rolled down from Jaejoong’s eyes as he said it.

 

“I…won’t…I won’t…”

*Flashback End

 

 

One promise that tied them all together and it rest on his shoulder to bring them back together. He remembers the hard feeling he had to go through as he tried to pull off the arrow from their bodies. The blood spilled out colored both of his hands. And at that time; he made a promise to them and to himself that he would do anything just to bring them back together. To change the ending for them even if it cost his life to do it.

 

After so many failures; he finally did it.

 

“I live my life for this…and my job is done…” Changmin said along with a smile.

 

*******

 

The spring has come to an end with the two of them finally be in each others’ arms. That village also has officially opened to the public and tourists. Since Jaejoong live alone; Yunho had moved in to live with him while Junsu moved in to live with Yoochun.

 

The scars on their stomachs gradually fade away but certainly not their loves. It’s getting stronger.

 

Jaejoong woke up early and he spent his morning to stare at the sleeping Yunho next to him. He used his own hand as the pillow and gazed at Yunho lovingly. He brought his slender finger to trace along Yunho’s nose bridge and it travelled down to caress Yunho’s heart shape lips.

 

He grinned seeing Yunho’s nose twitched a little. Jaejoong then lightly kissed Yunho’s mouth; a soft sigh satisfaction leaving his parted lips. He watched Yunho sleeps as he silently slipped into his clothes. Turning around; he forced himself to climb out of the bed but his action was halted when his hand was caught by Yunho.

 

“Where are you going?” Yunho asked with his low hoarse voice.

 

“Clean up myself and then make breakfast?”

 

“What about me?” Yunho winced at the bright sunlight streaming through the windows.

 

“You can go back to sleep…when I’m done; I’ll wake you up…”

 

Yunho shook his head; protesting it.

 

“I can’t sleep if you’re not here with me…” He then pulled Jaejoong back close to him by his waist.

 

“Just for 5 minutes…” Jaejoong lay back on the bed; relented.

 

“15 minutes…” Jaejoong giggled hearing Yunho bargained it. He cupped Yunho’s cheek and brushed their lips together. He was caught again when he tried to draw away. Yunho captured him by his lips and he’s obviously demanding for more than just a peck.

 

“I love you” Yunho murmured against his mouth.

 

“I love yo-” He swallowed Jaejoong’s response with his mouth. Nibbled onto his lower lip; Jaejoong parted it slightly just enough for Yunho’s tongue to sneak in. His voice rumbled in satisfaction. And for the rest; he couldn’t even differentiate which moan belongs to him and which belongs to Yunho.

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes as he willed everything; for Yunho is the amazing thing ever happened in his life.

 

[End]

 

********

 

A/N: Fuhh~! I hope I don’t screw this up…please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed~ thanks^^