"Finding A Wife for My Daddy : Part 1"

Amethyst's One-Shot Collection for YUNJAE

“FINDING A WIFE FOR MY DADDY – Part 1”

~Take my love…I never ask for too much…just all that you are and everything that you do…~

 

*******

 

“Jung Min Ha-shi…please be seated…your father is still in the meeting room…”

 

Daddy’s secretary, Kim HaHeul welcomed me as soon as I stepped into Daddy’s office. She gestured me to the couch in the mini living room. I marched across the office; scanning briefly throughout the office as I settled down on the couch. There’s nothing much change, really. Daddy loves to keep everything simple and organized.

 

“I came here without informing him first…will he be long, unnie?”

 

“He’s supposed to come out 5 minutes ago but I was told just now that they have prolonged the meeting session…” She said while taking a step closer to me. I glanced at the wrist watch then nodded.

 

“Which one do you prefer? Hot drinks or cold drinks?”

 

“Hot Chocó for me and…” I looked at Changmin oppa who stood tall next to me like a statue; guarding over me.

 

“Black coffee for me, please…” He said.

 

This handsome man is everything to me. He’s my PA, my bodyguard, my butler and my best friend.

 

“Oppa~ just sit down~!” I pulled the hem of his shirt forcing him to sit down.

 

“We’re in your office, we should behave…” He hesitantly seated.

 

“Just sit…you serve me, not him...”

 

“But he’s the one who paid me…”

 

“Shut up!” I hissed.

 

And he did. Ha Neul unnie chuckled as she’s placing two cups on the coffee table.

 

Just then, the door of the office was pushed from outside. Uncle Yoochun; Daddy’s best friend who’s also acted as his PA dashed in bringing along several stuffs inside his arms.

 

He wasn’t aware of our presence as he walked straight to the massive oak desk in the middle of the room and arranged something on it meticulously. I ambled over to him.

 

“Uncle Yoochun…” I called as I patted his back lightly. He flinched and turned around.

 

“Ah… Min Ha-ah…I didn’t see you over there…” He flashed his sweet smile; looking at me.

 

“I thought you’re in the meeting room with Daddy…”

 

“I had to leave to grab things…”

 

I looked over at the things he placed on the table just now. It’s the new album, several magazines with the same person on the front cover and the limited edition of photo book of his favorite artist – Kim Jaejoong.

 

“His idol?”

 

Uncle Yoochun nodded. I smiled.

 

“Waah~ this photo book is really hard to get…look at the price…!” I said in high tone; discovering the price at the upper level.

 

“Yeah…and because he doesn’t want to miss a single thing; let’s just say I’ve got everything for him in even high price…” He scratched his temple with his finger while observing the stuffs.

 

I’m not surprised at all. Daddy never thinks twice in spending his money on something or someone that he loves. Jung Yunho; a young single father and not to forget a successful businessman like him; deserves an entertainment in his life too.

 

But this Kim Jaejoong isn’t just anyone for him. Daddy likes him since forever! He even built a mini studio + library in our house just to keep all his collection organized and for him to spend in it privately.

 

“He’s a goddess…” I voiced it out; utterly amazed with him. Uncle Yoochun completely agreed with me.

 

Seriously; I could understand why Daddy can be his diehard fan boy; I mean everyone would go crazy over him.

 

He’s in 28 right now but he looks nothing different than 5 years ago. It seems like he’s not aging and his beauty remains intact; flawlessly. With his unending popularity and his superb talent; everyone would willing to sacrifice anything for him. I’m his fan too but still I’m far behind when compared to Daddy.

 

“Min Ha-ah…you’re here…”

 

I heard heavy footsteps behind me and I turned around.

 

“Daddy! You’re finished with your meeting?”

 

He nodded simply as he handed the files to Ha Neul unnie.

 

“I came here to ask you out for a lunch…” I delivered my intention to him. Then I heard he inhaled deeply.

 

“Min Ha-ah…Daddy-” I recognized that tone; the tone of rejection. But then again; I have nothing to complain. I know how busy he is and he’s a bit restless lately. But because of that; I want him to rest even more.

 

He slid in behind the table and his eyes landed on the newly delivered items; arranged neatly on his table. He threw a glance at Uncle Yoochun like he’s asking for something but not literally. And it seems like Uncle Yoochun can read his mind when he nodded in return. Daddy’s face lightened up. He then looked at me with a smile played at the tip of his lips.

 

“So what do you want to eat for lunch?”

 

“Yea~!” I threw my hands up to the air; celebrating it.

 

*****

 

Yunho took off his glasses to massage the bridge of his nose before put it back on. He leaned back in his chair while waiting for his daughter to finish eating.

 

“Are you sure you’re full already, Daddy? You’re barely touched your food…” Min Ha eyed the plate in front of Yunho. Only half was gone and the other half was left untouched.

 

“It’s more than I usually ate…hurry up finish your food…I need to get back to office…” Yunho pulled his sleeve a little bit to look at the time. He looked a bit anxious.

 

“Daddy…you need to rest too you know…I’m getting worried about you…you’re only 33 years old but those wrinkles…” Min Ha sighed as she put down the spoon.

 

“Are you really sure you wanted to cheer me up? Because with such words; you’re stressing me up even more…” Yunho joked.

 

“Daddy, I’m serious!”

 

Yunho clasped his hands together and stretched his long legs in front of him. He gazed into her eyes intensely. But then he slowly cracked into a smile.

 

“I’m fine… and after all; rest is not something that I really need…maybe you’re right…I'm getting old...I eat less, I sleep less, but I work more…”

 

Min Ha didn’t like the way it sounded at all. She was hoping that she could do something that could help her beloved father. She doesn’t know for how long her father is in that state. It could be years and only now she noticed about it. It must be because she’s too young to understand before this. But heck; she’s still young right now that she couldn’t even see the way out for that matter.

 

“So can we go now, sweetie?” Yunho placed his palms on the table and slowly rose to his feet.

 

But out of the sudden; he was overwhelmed by the uncontrollable pain piercing his head. Yunho clutched onto his hair.

 

“Daddy?”

 

His knees gave out causing Yunho to fall back down on his chair.

 

“Daddy, are you okay?” Min Ha rushed to his side.

 

“I-”

 

“I’ll call Changmin oppa and Uncle Yoochun…the works can wait but you have to rest…”

 

Min Ha made up her decision.

 

*****

 

“Thanks…” Yunho said to his best friend when Yoochun placed the drink on the table.

 

“Are you sure you just wanna spend your time here, in this library?” Yoochun just wanna make sure about it.

 

“This is where I belong…I’m feeling comfortable here than my own bedroom…”

 

Yoochun’s mouth move like he was about to say something when Yunho cut him off.

 

“Don’t worry…I’ll rest…besides; there’s a bed too in this mini library right?”

 

Yoochun heaved a deep sigh. He lowered down on the chair next to Yunho.

 

“Min Ha is worried sick about you…she insisted to bring you to the hospital…”

 

“We both know that my sickness is not something that can be healed, Yoochun-ah…” Yunho said softly. He sounded like he’s giving up. But Yoochun knew what he really meant by that.  

 

“It’s been 13 years and it’s amazing how I’m still survived till this day…” Yunho leaned forward to grab the latest magazine.

 

Yoochun exhaled in frustration. Sympathy welled up inside of him and even though he was hoping that he could do better to ease the swollen pain inside Yunho’s heart; he’s too aware that there’s nothing much he can do.

 

He stood up and patted Yunho’s shoulder before leaving him alone.

 

“Uncle, are you sure we don’t have to bring Daddy to the hospital?!”

 

He’s just a step out of the room when he was attacked by another question from Min Ha.

 

“He’s been there before and he knows too well what’s wrong with him. Even if we bring him; the doctor will say the same thing like he did previously…”

 

“Then tell me what the doctor said…? He’s getting worse and not improving…who knows maybe the doctor can provide him different kind of medicine…?” Min Ha wasn’t satisfied. She's been stubborn.

 

“Min Ha…listen to me… It’s no use…” Yoochun held onto both of her arms.

 

 “Why? It’s too early to say that, don’t you think?” She retorted.

 

“…because you cannot mend a broken heart…” Yoochun said; his voice low.

 

“He’s broken hearted, Min Ha-ah…” He repeated.

 

*****

 

“He’s broken hearted, Min Ha-ah…”

 

Yoochun’s voice rang through her ears for the countless times; and it kept on replaying like a broken tape.

 

“What are you doing? You’re not even touching your food. You better start eating if you don’t wanna be late to school…”

 

She lifted up the spoon after what Changmin said. She sat on the chair with her back hunched.

 

“What’s wrong with you? And straighten up a bit…”

 

She just responded to Changmin with a sigh.

 

“Oppa…what do you have to do to heal a broken heart?” She threw a pleading gaze to Changmin; hoping that the latter could give her a plausible answer.

 

“Find another love then…” Changmin answered simply without feeling suspicious.

 

Hearing it; Min Ha straightened her back showing an interest.

 

“Should I find Daddy a new wife, then?” Her eyes flashed in hope.

 

“W-wait…what?”

 

“Thanks oppa…that’s a great idea…why I’d never think about it…” A bright smile spread across her face as she started digging onto her breakfast.

 

“Because it’s ridiculous! Don’t take it seriously, Min Ha-ah…besides…you have to make sure that your father feel the same way too…only then it works out…” Changmin began to regret his words.

 

She pondered; thinking about something with a serious face.

 

“My mother died when she gave birth to me…so I never knew what she’s look like and what kind of personality she had…and Daddy doesn’t talk about it much…but I do know someone that he’s interested…” Her face brightened at the thought of someone.

 

“…and who that person might be?”

 

“Kim Jaejoong-shi!”

 

Changmin knew that he would regret to ask her that question in anytime soon. And apparently ‘soon’ is the right answer.

 

“A-are we talking about that Superstar Kim Jaejoong? Or someone else Kim Jaejoong? I would prefer the second one though…”

 

“Who else? Kim Jaejoong as in Daddy’s beloved star Kim Jaejoong, of course!”

 

Min Ha took out her phone to check on something in the internet.

 

Changmin bit onto his spoon. He too LOVES Kim Jaejoong very much. But even so; the farthest way he could ever do is dreaming about him day and night; the only place that he could hear Jaejoong tell him that he love him too.

 

To actually ask him to marry in person?!

 

Oh My…Min Ha must be really too young to think that way.

 

“Aha~ The luck is on our side…he will hold his fan meeting tomorrow~!” Min Ha jumped in joy; celebrating it.   

 

Well of course he will. Changmin’s planning to go there! He even bought the ticket.

 

“But it’s impossible to get the ticket, Min Ha-ah…it’s already sold out on the first day…” It was 5 minutes after it was announced to be exact.

 

“It’s the least thing to worry about; oppa…Daddy bought everything that’s related to him. When I said everything, it does mean everything. He bought all kind of tickets even though he had no times to go…can you believe that?! But on the bright side; since he doesn’t allow me to touch his stuff, he bought it for me too~”

 

“Oh really…” Changmin could only smile nervously; his mouth stiff.

 

*****

 

“Oppa, hurry up~!!!” Min Ha pulled Changmin’s wrist. They’re competing with a huge amount of fans to stand on the line.

 

Min Ha held two albums on her chest dearly; waiting for their turn to meet Kim Jaejoong face to face for a sign.

 

“Are you seriously wanted to proceed with your crazy idea, Min Ha-ah?” Changmin had a bad feeling about it. Kim Jaejoong is known for his good reputation and lack of useless controversies. He rarely talked about his love life and chose to express his feeling; the sadness; the longing; anything about his love life through the music.

 

Only lately he’s opened up a little bit to the love issue. Everyone’s suspecting that he’s might dating someone and madly in love. Still; it’s a rumor.

 

“Why not? It’s once in a lifetime opportunity…” Mi Ha was obviously determined.

 

“Yeah…not to mention a short time of meeting…it’s probably not even 5 minutes…it’s 5 crucial minutes and our life is depending on it…”

 

“Then 5 minutes it is…believe me, I’ll make it work somehow…” Their hearts beats faster as they’re getting closer to him.

 

“Listen to me…if the guards toss you out; I’ll pretend that I don’t know you…screw about being your bodyguard…I’m willing to risk my job this one time…”

 

“Just to meet him for 5 minutes? Wow, oppa…I don’t know that you’re hardcore fan too…” She laughed.

 

“Keep your mouth shut…” Changmin hushed.

 

“Oppa…wish me luck…” Min Ha said; taking a deep breath before advanced to the table.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo…” Kim Jaejoong greeted her with a heartthrob smile.

 

Min Ha pushed the albums to him.

 

“Don’t faint, Jun Min Ha…Don’t faint…it’s not the time…” She muttered encouraging words to herself.

 

Jaejoong chuckled when he overheard it. He then placed his console hand above Min Ha’s small hand.

 

“You’d be fine…I’m here, right…” Jaejoong twitched her hand gently and smiled assuring her.

 

“Omg! Omg! Don’t scream…don’t scream…omg!” Her breathing hitched. It feels like a dream to her. Kim Jaejoong was just in front of her and even held her hand. How much she wanted to jump and screams to the world; let the world envy her.

 

Jaejoong chuckled lightly.

 

“So what’s your name, my dear?” Jaejoong asked to write her name before signing.

 

“The truth is…I wanna you to sign two of your albums…one for me and one for my father…he’s your diehard fan…but if you could sign one for each person, I would you like to sign it for my father instead…” Min Ha began.

 

“A diehard male fan, really? Owh I’m so grateful…and of course, I don’t mind to sign both…so what’s your father’s name…?”

 

“It’s Jung Yunho…”

 

Jaejoong’s hand suddenly froze. He looked up to her in surprise.

 

“W-what did you say?”

 

“Jung Yunho…my father’s name is Jung Yunho…” Min Ha repeated.

 

“Jung Yunho; that young millionaire…the owner of Jung Corp.; Jung Yunho?”

 

Min Ha nodded innocently.

 

“You knew my father, oppa?”

 

“He’s famous… that’s for sure…” Jaejoong’s eyes trailed off to the album; writing down the name on the album’s cover.

 

“Oppa…can you lend me your ear, please? I have something important to ask you…” Min Ha her lips; waiting for Jaejoong’s reaction. She had every possible worst reaction from him but for him to just agree to it; Min Ha thought she’s must be really lucky.

 

Changmin watched them earnestly from the line. The cold sweat trickled down his forehead when he saw Kim Jaejoong raised his hand to call for his manager; along with a couple of bodyguards.

 

“Oh crap! He called his bodyguards! Oh crap!” He fidgeted on the same spot.

 

“Oh Min Ha-ah…just wait for me…one sign then I’ll run for you as fast as I could…” Changmin muttered; watching Min Ha got out of the line with bodyguards accompanying her.

 

*****

 

“I’m Jaejoong oppa’s manager…Kim Junsu…you can call me Junsu oppa…” Junsu introduced as he pushed the door to Jaejoong’s waiting room. He gestured for her to enter while blocking the door with his hand.

 

“I’m Jung Min Ha…” Min Ha found a chair and cautiously sat on it. Jaejoong’s smell filled up the room; so sweet and so addictive. For one moment there she thought; she recognized that smell somewhere.

 

“It probably will take him some times…did you come here alone, Min Ha-ah…?” Junsu pulled another chair and sat facing her.

 

“No…I came with my bodyguard…" Changmin’s face flashed to her eyes.

 

“Oh my…I need to text Changmin oppa…he must be dying looking for me…” Min Ha quickly sent a text message to Changmin; informing him her whereabouts.

 

“You can ask him to come here; accompanying you…you must be really nervous…” Junsu handed a cold drink to her and she accepted it.

 

“I don’t mind…and I think; he’d be even more nervous than I am …he’s Jaejoong oppa diehard fan…”

 

Both of them joined in a laugh soon after.

 

Jaejoong finished with the signing session half hour after that. He breezed into the room; shutting the door behind him.

 

“I’m sorry, Min Ha-ah…it took me a long time…” He immediately apologized.

 

“Aniya~” She waved her hand; didn’t mind it.

 

“I’m the one who should apologize for troubling you oppa…”

 

Junsu stood up; handing his seat to Jaejoong. Jaejoong took off his jacket; leaving only a plain white t-shirt on.

 

“Oppa…I know…it must be really shocking for you to hear that from a 13 years old girl…I admit; it might sound ridiculous and absurd but I’m not lying…”

 

Jaejoong paid his full attention to her; hearing every word calmly.

 

“Oppa believe you, Min Ha-ah…” He smiled; nodding his head.

 

“My Daddy is an awesome guy…I’m not bragging but he’s really good looking…he’s tall and still young even though he has a kid…he’s charming and he’s just 33 years old…that’s why…I was hoping oppa could meet him and know him…”

 

“…and I can assure you; you’d fall for him instantly…”

 

Jaejoong had an unexplainable expression on his face. He his lips out of habit.

 

“I know you’re a top star…but I couldn’t see anyone that can win over Daddy’s heart…I just want him to be perfectly healthy and I know oppa can be the only cure for his sickness…”

 

Jaejoong were exchanging glances with Junsu. He sighed as he lowered down to look at his shoes.  He met with lots of people who used different kind of trick just to be close to him but this kid before him is different.

 

They could hear the honest ring of truth in her words.

 

“Min Ha…oppa can’t give you any definite answer right now…”

 

Mi Ha tried hard not to cry. Her hopes plummeted. She’s already prepared herself for the consequences. She knew that her plan won’t necessarily work out. At least she tried.

 

Jaejoong then took Min Ha’s phone from her hand.

 

“Min Ha-ah…oppa will give you my phone number so that we can talk more later…but promise me that you won’t spread it around and keep this conversation as a secret between us, okay…” Jaejoong himself; keyed in his number to Min Ha contact list.

 

Min Ha grinned as she threw her arms around his neck.

 

“Thank you, oppa~ You have no idea how much this means to me and to Daddy!”  Jaejoong looked at Junsu first and slowly brought his hand to pat her back gently.

*******

A/N: Tell me what do you think? I’m sorry for taking ages to post a new update for Yunjae collection. I’ve prepared so many short fic to be honest before my laptop suddenly broke down. *sigh*. So I wrote a new one. ^^

Support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed. Thanks you *bow*