Stop Being So Girly and Emotional

Super... Dad? Eh, Close Enough.
“She did it!”
 
“What? No, he did! He was the one who said that we can use it as ….”
 
“Liar!”
 
“Am not!”
 
“Are too!”
 
And at that point, his son’s face was as bloated a red tomato. Tears were streaming down his ruddy cheeks, the tips of his elf ears turning bright red. His tiny hands were balled into fists by his side. With trembling lips, his son looked up at him, “...”
 
Chanyeol sighed, placing the broken USB that contained every musical composition he did on the coffee table. Lips quirking up into small smile, Chanyeol stooped down in front of his five year old son. Gathering the crying boy into his arms, Chanyeol placed him on his lap as he brushed away all of his son’s tears. “It’s okay kiddo…”
 
Even after Chanyeol sent his niece off to play with his wife, his son was still a blabbering mess. If anything he began to cry even more. Snot was coming out of his nose and spit was flying around like no other as he tried to explain the situation.
 
“Alright, alright. Stop with all the crying and blabbing.” Chanyeol laughed, wiping away his son’s snot with a tissue. “Your look like Uncle Baekhyun when Uncle Tao broke his eyeliner pencil. Stop being so girly and emotional.”
 
On that comment, his son immediately stopped crying, his eyes turning into daggers, glaring  at his father. “I am not girly.”
 
Chanyeol snorted, “Then stop crying.”
 
“I did.” 
 
“About time.” 
 
Silence enveloped the two as Chanyeol sat there with his son on his lap. Neither of them said anything until his son tugged gently on his shirt. Looking down at his son, Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at his son’s bashful expression. “You wanted to say something?”
 
“...I-I’m sorry… I d-didn’t mind to break your USB… It was a-accident, I s-swear.” The words came stuttering out of his son’s trembling lips. It looked like his was about to start crying again, any moment now.
 
Rubbing his son’s back, Chanyeol smiled. “It’s okay kiddo. I can always redo it all…”
 
“But you worked so hard on it these past years, Appa!” His lips began to tremble even more at this point and Chanyeol was sure the waterworks were about to start.
 
“So, what do you want to do about it kiddo?” Chanyeol asked softly, pulling his son into a hug.
 
His son stayed silent in his arms, not murmuring a single thing. “It’s okay, we can just make a new one.” Patting him on the back, Chanyeol smiled as an idea came to his mind. “How about you help me with the compositions?”
 
His son’s ears perked up to the sound of his suggestion. Whipping his head up, Chanyeol came to face with a bright smile on his son’s lips. “Really?”

[A/N]: Yeah, I had too much time on my hands in AP Euro with the exam being over so decided to write this quick scenario. Hope you guys like it~ 

xoxo, KP