Crushing on you

The foreign student || HIATUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kayleigh stepped into the campus hallway, happily breathing in the refreshing scent of her first schoolday as a university student. However, it wasn't just a regular university she was attending right now. She wasn't attending university in her own country. She wasn't at home, surrounded by her trusted family and friends. 

Kayleigh was a foreign student in South-Korea at the Yonsei University. Originally, she actually was attending the University of Leiden in Holland, being an undergraduate student in the so called 'Korea Studies'. The reason why she chose to study the Korean culture was because she was really fascinated by it. She loved everything of Korea. Firstly, it was because of the drama's and music, but her interest in Korea itself increased more because of this. Kayleigh eventually ended up learning the Korean alphabet herself, already picking up some little Korean words like 'hajima' or 'palli'. Even 
'saranghae'. 

That was two years ago. Being a student of Korea Studies, she was fluent in the Korean language right now and she could talk in whole sentences now. Ever since she has been in Korea and she would talk in Korean to people, people would stare at her in admiration. Especially when she would tell them that she was a foreign student from Holland, because South-Koreans were like the biggest fans of Guus Hiddink. Ofcourse, it was kind of weird to hear a not-Korean speak the Korean language so fluently. But Kayleigh was okay with it. 

Kayleigh watched her surroundings with full attention. The Yonsei University was much bigger than the University of Leiden. Leiden was NOTHING compared to this. Kayleigh couldn't help but feel a little bit flustered and ashamed of her own country. But The Netherlands was just a little dot somewhere in Europe. South-Korea was much bigger and also more economical more successful, so it wasn't very surprising. 

Kayleigh walked down the hallway, seeing that some students were also walking down the hallway, while other students were talking and laughing with their friends. Kayleigh unconsciously smiled by seeing the sight of friends laughing with each other. It made her think of her own friends back there in Holland, and an empty feeling inside of her suddenly boiled up. Although she was happy about being in South-Korea, she missed her friends and family. Among them, Kayleigh missed her little sister the most. Her little sister was more than just her little sister. She was also Kayleigh's best friend, to whom she literally told everything. There was nothing she didn't know about her little sister and vice versa. If she could bring her little sister with her, she immediately would. 

Kayleigh let out a sigh and walked further. She grabbed her phone out of her pocket, and immediately she saw a text message from no one else than Oh Sehun. 

From: Sehunnie~
Time: 08:45 AM

Kayleigh-ah, where are you~ I'm waiting outside of the campus \(^.^)/ 

A smile was creeping up on Kayleigh's face while she read his text message as she shook her head in disbelief. He was such a dork, didn't they decide to meet up in the campus itself? S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter