Bonus Chapter: In The Blink Of An Eye

Reading Between The Lines

An alternate situation in which Taemin is being evil.

For matchy!

Hearteu <3

~KimSeRin


1 January 2014

Dear Diary,

I swear Taemin's trying to kill me.

Okay, so like he obviously doesn't know he's doing it but every so often he'll just do this thing where he blinks. 

WAIT

I'm not crazy!

Okay, maybe I am... just a little bit...

Oh who am I kidding I talk to a diary for god's sake

He blinks really continuously, and I can't tell if he's just blinking or batting his eyelashes and it drives me insane! I swear I'm dying.

(help meeeeeee)

Oh. And every so often? He'll move and it'll look like he's dancing and oh my god I'm done for

And why is his skin so y mezmerizing? It's as dark as mine!

Fine, it isn't really...

uuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhh

It's just occurred to me that maybe I'm in love with Taemin

Sehun's calling me for some reason now.

Bye.


 

12:36 PM

"Taemin-Hyung's here," Sehun chirps, and Kai's a little surprised the lanky male is awake; he'd normally have slept until 4. Nevertheless, that doesn't really matter because now Taemin's waving at Jongin through the gap between Sehun's head and the doorway.

"H-Happy New Year!" Kai manages, tongue tied all of a sudden because why the hell are those jeans so freaking tight and Taemin's returning the greeting, Sehun brushing past Kai with a sympathetic pat on the shoulder and muttered line about how he'll give them space. 

What was that about?

It's not important any more. Taemin's grinning up at him and Kai's just realised that he's in over his head. "Come to my place?" Taemin says hopefully, blinking rapidly. 

"Sure," Kai says dumbly, nodding at about the same pace Taemin blinks.

 


1 January 2014

Dear Diary,

Fine. maybe I am a little evil.

But!

It's worth it. 

I mean, Kai's just... he stares at me ALL THE TIME and I know he feels the same way I do but aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrggggghhh

Why won't he just confess?

I mean, that boy is the opposite of subtle, okay

Maybe I should just confess and get it over with

I'm shy okay so sue me

*cries*

Even Kibum-hyung noticed it!

He keeps asking me when Kai confessed to me and can't believe it hasn't happened already!

I know, hyung, I can't believe it either.

Whatever.

I am a strong, independent mushroom child who don't need no Kkamjong in his life

Ugh I'm not fooling anyone am I

I'm gonna bait Kai a little more now.

See if he caves before I do.

Signed, 

Lee Tae Min.


 

1:15 PM

Kai follows Taemin into the latter's house, holding his breath because although he's done this so many times before, now he's hyper-aware of Taemin and how his shirt sways around slender hips and how his legs look in those jeans and how his arms swing in time with his legs and the whiteness of his neck and the fluffy brown hair sticking up slightly at the back of his neck and - 

"Kai, are you even listening?" Taemin says, suddenly right in front of Kai's face, and the tanned dancer's eyes immediately fly to Taemin's lips, rosy and plump and just the right distance away that Kai could just lean in and kiss them.

"Y-yes," Kai stammers, tearing his gaze away from Taemin's lips with great difficulty. "I mean, no. Sorry. What was it?"

"I was saying," Taemin says, blowing upwards and unsettling his bangs. "You left a thing here yesterday."

"Oh," Kai mumbles, shaking off the last vestiges of his daze. "Why couldn't you have just brought it over?"

"Don't be stupid," Taemin says, blushing all the way up to his ears. "How could I walk down the streets carrying that?" At the last word, Taemin lifts a shaking arm and points at an innocent-looking box.

"What's wrong with that?" the Kim asks, hanging back because although the box looks harmless, Kai's getting bad vibes from looking at it. 

Taemin sighs, padding over to it with sock-clad feet, his milky white neck flushing a shade of pink. "Well..." he says, and kicks the lid off, bending down and extracting something that looks suspiciously like... "It's a d-," Taemin mumbles, confirming Kai's worst fears as the boy stumbles over the word. "And you left an entire box here. Yesterday."

Kai has a lot of things to articulate, for example how sensual Taemin looks with a in one hand, and how red his face is, but he chooses wisely. "I must have been really drunk, huh."

"Yeah," Taemin laughs. "No kidding. You're such a lightweight."

"No," Kai shoots back. "You just took drinking lessons from Onew-hyung."

That sends Taemin into a fit of laughter because everyone knows Onew is the least likely to get drunk. "Okay, but you need to take these back," Taemin giggles, wiping tears from his eyes. "And I'm not even going to ask why you have these."

"One word: Hunhan."

"Ah."

They lapse into silence for a while, and Kai takes the opportunity to stare at Taemin's legs because those jeans are too tight for the law, and he only realises that Taemin's been nudging his thigh with his foot when it goes too close to that area and Kai barely suppresses a groan. 

"Kai? Are you okay?" Taemin asks worriedly, blinking at an inhuman pace.

"Huh? Uh, oh, yeah," Kai says distractedly, then stands up, eyeing the box warily. "I'll take that back then."

"Okay."

"Yeah."

"See you tomorrow."

 


1 January 2014

Dear Diary,

He's still trying to kill me.

It's driving me crazy because I've been hiding it really well and he obviously doesn't know that I like him that I can't take my eyes off him...

Uugggghhh

It's so tiring pretending not to be in love...

Maybe I should just confess and get it over with...

NOPE!

Not happening. No. Not ever. 

In other news, Sehun has started shipping us. And so has Kyungsoo-hyung. And Zitao. And Luhan-hyung. And basically everyone who knows me and Taemin.

I wonder why? I've been quite good at keeping it a secret...

Oh well...


 

6:12 AM

Kai's phone rings, loud and annoying and why the hell is the ringtone set to Doraemon's theme song and it's so early why is it so early who's calling so freaking early and then he recognises the number. "Hello?" Kai mumbles into the speaker, running his fingers through hair messy from sleep. 

"Kai," Taemin's voice comes over the phone, husky from sleep, and Kai gulps audibly. "Were you still sleeping?"

"Yes," Kai says grumpily, because no amount of loving Taemin excuses the shorter male from waking him before the sun's even up. "What is it?"

"Um..." 

"What?" Kai persists, rather more harshly than he intended.

"Uh... never mind. Go back to sleep," Taemin says, and hangs up, leaving a very disgruntled Kai staring at his blank phone screen.

 


 

10:47 AM

The sun is finally up, and Kai's awake, dressed and about to storm right out to Taemin's house and demand what the hell he was thinking when he called Kai up at 6 bloody am for god's sake, and so he kicks the door open, ready to sprint the half-mile to Taemin's apartment when the door swings open and he hears a pained groan. What?

"Ouch," Taemin says from somewhere behind the door, and Kai freezes for all of five seconds before he's hesitantly pulling the door away to reveal a sleepy Taemin rubbing his eyes and back.

"What - How - Why - What are you doing here?" Kai splutters, arms waving wildly.

"The flat next to mine caught fire," Taemin explains from some distant place, but Kai's mind is full of oh god why didn't I let him explain and he only just barely hears, "And your place was the first place I thought of."

Kai stands there for a while, dumbstruck, before swooping down and cradling Taemin in his arms, murmuring hushed "Sorry"s and through the older male's hair, breathing in the faint scent of smoke and Taemin's familiar scent before Taemin pulls away slowly, blinking innocently up at Kai, and Kai does something very, very stupid.

"I love you."

"I know."

 


2 January 2014

Dear Diary, 

HE DID IT! 

HE FINALLY CONFESSED!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(hear that? it's the sound of me fangirling)

Something good actually came out of the fire!

*dances*

Kibum-hyung is 'shipping' us. He calls it TaeKai and when I told him the news he jumped up and down and screamed "My ship has sailed!" really loudly, and he can't believe it took him this long.

Yup, me neither.

BUT oh well.

I FEEL SO FRICKING HAPPY OTL

EVERYONE I'M DATING KIM JONGIN

aaaaaaaahhhh

Okay normal now.

Bye.

Signed, 

Lee Tae Min.

 

 


aaaaaaaaaahhhh

I'm so happy I'm like aegyo happy

Taemin understands

Here a gif of Kai

OH RIGHT I ALMOST FORGOT

*blink* *blink* *blink* *blink* *blink* *blink*

is it hypnotising you yet?

no?

okay

well

there

HE'F A FREAKING FAIRY I SWEAR

Is that enough for a comment yet?

No?

really?

ugh okay

jk i loves you

hmmmmm

aha

Ok bye hope you enjoyed leave me a comment!

~KimSeRin