It's Supposed to Be Cliche

Boys in Luv

Hello readers; this is incredibly short.  Sorry, but when I write random I post it here.  Hope you like it!!!!!!!!  :D


It was like every other love story.

He fell in love with the nerd; the outcast; the average-looking young lady in his class who sat in the back and got good grades because that was all she worried about.  She had a tragic backstory (car crash), was worried about giving her heart away, and had no friends save one who had stuck by her from the very beginning.

He ignored the beautiful, popular girls who sat at the front of the room, even though he belonged to their popular circle, had money but didn’t boast about it, and hid a secret side that was sweet and caring and differed from the regular charade he put on for the people around him.

They met in the library and she went home to her friend blushing and for the first time in years finding that her heart could still flutter when the right kind of smile was tossed her way.  She realized after a few more meets that she couldn’t wait for class to end so she could go back to the library.

He asked her out with a flower and campus raged with rumors and surprise at their unlikely relationship.  A girl, one of the popular ones he paid no mind to, came up to him shortly after to confess, and he rejected her before she could even get a single sentence out, knowing that he had to hurry or he’d be late to pick up his girlfriend.

They’d spend late nights together at each other’s houses, watching movies and staring into the dark and deep eyes of their newly discovered love.  He helped her to become more confident and less shy.  She encouraged him to be himself around people, assuring him that he was so sweet that no one could possibly have a problem with him.

Their first kiss was in the rain with his jacket suspended over the both of them, their bodies so close to begin with that he couldn’t help but lean forward and press lips to hers, making a memory that neither would ever forget.

His name was Jeon Jungkook.

Her name was Kim Myung-hee.

And they were perfect.

It was a fairytale meant for a fanfiction.

Impossibly real.

But not for me.

Not for I, Kim Myung-ok.

I was her sister, her twin, her only friend.  I was one of those popular girls that sat in the front of class and paid more attention to my outfit than my grades.  I was not snotty, but assumed to be because of who I remained friends with.  Jungkook and I had spoken to each other on several occasions and I knew from the first moment I was falling for him.

I wasn’t afraid to give away my heart, and I knew I wanted him to have it.  So when my sister came and told me all about the kind-hearted Jungkook that’d talked to her and sat with her after school, I felt jealous but knew that I couldn’t ever tell her how I felt.  He was the first person besides me to see her for the beautiful, amazing girl she was, and how could I ruin that?

Just because I was prettier, more popular, more fashion-sensible, did that give me the right?  Of course not.  But that didn’t stop the jealousy from building in my chest, hurting my heart when she came and spouted how he’d proposed they go out.  I had the same tragic backstory; I was just as caring as she; we were best friends and roommates and connected through the most intimate of sisterly bonds.

What was it about me that he didn’t like?

My friends?

My makeup?

My clothes?

I didn’t sleep around; I didn’t give just anyone my heart; I certainly didn’t spread rumors.  I just happened to be beautiful and have average grades and not be my sister, and that apparently was enough for him to choose her instead.

I even tried to tell him my feelings, to just get how I felt off my chest so I could be relieved of the burden of my secret.  I didn’t even care in that moment whether or not he’d go back to her and spill the beans; I just needed him to know.

I wasn’t looking for a mutual confession; I didn’t want him to dump my sister and go out with me; I just wanted him to know and say ‘thank you but I have a girlfriend’ like he was supposed to, but instead he cut me off without even looking at my face properly, never getting the chance to tell his new heartthrob about her sister’s betrayal.

Which was supposed to be good.

But wasn’t.

Because I wanted her to know, but couldn’t gather the courage.

I wasn’t sure whether it was abnormal or stereotypical that the perfect guy fell in love with her.  In love stories it was always the nerds, the outcasts, the ones who sat in the back of the class that got the best guys.  The popular, alluringly beautiful girls were already supposed to have boyfriends, or were meant to be jealous like I was and do rude things like I’d never do.

Was it unusual that they ended up together, or cliché?

Was I supposed to be a good person?  Was I supposed to have a right to jealousy?  Was I supposed to play the best friend role?  Was I supposed to be bitter about not being her best friend anymore?

Was I?

Was she a cliché girl, straight from the fanfictions?

Was anything about this supposed to be wrong, or bad, or eliciting harsh feelings like I felt?

Was I supposed to ignore my emotions, because according to every story ever, I was supposed to be stuck-up and have no heart?

Was I?

Are you supposed to be reading this?  Don’t you have homework?  Friends?  A boyfriend if you’re lucky?

I guess it doesn’t matter, because they’re in love and I’m in love, and it doesn’t matter that it’s unrequited, because it’s not supposed to be, and the world’s made of things like that.


Lol, this is so short.  Well, I guess it's supposed to be, since I wrote it in like an hour.  Sorry for grammar mistakes!!!!