Two

Run Away

Tayeon’s PoV

 

I was frying some tofu when I heard… Yuri?

“I can’t believe I slept in! I never do that!” Our black pearl loudly stomped to the shoe rack.

“Yuri?” I took my eyes off the food.

“Don’t worry. I got Tiffany’s text! I guess I’ll have to speed up my usual run after warm-up.” I was still baffled to see Yuri in front of me. Didn’t she leave earlier? “I can’t believe I woke up 15 minutes late! I hope Tiffany won’t wait long!”

“What are you doing here?” I spewed out the only conern.

Yuri shot me a puzzled and attacked look. “I’m leaving okay? I’ll be back at 9 as usual.”

I suddenly smelt something burning. I turned off the stove and extinguished the burning tofu. I looked at Yuri who gave me a concerned look. “Is everything okay?” she walked toward me.

“Didn’t you leave earlier? I swear I saw you leave! You even answered me back!” I didn’t realize I was at the point of screaming.

“Calm down. It’s 5:20AM. I promise you it wasn’t some saesang fan or something.” I reassured her. SM promised they would protect us. Any saesang fan must’ve been in the army to get in here.

“I swear I wasn’t imagining things.” I was sounding desperate. Was I going crazy?

Yuri’s left hand was on my shoulder and her right was brushing my hair. “Look. Let’s talk about this later. Clean the pan and I’ll get Tiffany to come back. We could hang out at the park some other time. Call Sunny to help you cook.” Her words comforted me. “Don’t tell the other members. I’ll be back as soon as possible.”

 

--

 

Yuri’s PoV

I went to the shoe rack and notice two pairs of shoes missing. One was Tiffany’s and the other one I didn’t remember. All I know is that it was usually there. It seems as if it never been used, until today.

I went to check on the other members. Tiffany obviously left. Yoona is obviously still in our room. Sunny should be in her room. I went to Jessica’s and Sooyoung’s room, but it was locked. I highly doubt either of them would wake up this early. I went to Hyoyeon’s and Joohyun’s room. It was also locked.

I saw Taeyeon cleaning the charred pan. “It’s another member. Two pairs of the shoes are missing. I don’t think a saesang would take only one pair. Don’t worry, we'll go looking for her and question why she left suspiciously.” I gave her a back hug and then left.

 

---------

 

Jessica’s PoV:

 

I think I finally understand why Yuri and Tiffany enjoy running so much!

It’s so refreshing! No one knows who you are! The breeze is relaxing! The fresh air is so nice!

I guess my only problem is that I’m already exhausted. I’m not an experienced runner and I’ve probably done some bad habits. I didn’t really stretch. I didn’t focus on my breathing. I didn’t warm-up. I kinda just ran full force. Even as my legs were about to give out, I kept running.

I checked the time. It was 5:36. I can’t believe I ran that long! Half an hour? With full force? The girls would never believe this! Even prepping for comebacks, I wouldn’t run longer than 10 minutes. I usually did stuff like Pilates and core exercises.

I was starting to get tired so I slowed down to a walk. I noticed how thirsty I was. I didn’t even bring water… or money.

Or did I?

I stopped by a bench at this park. I stopped the music playing on my phone and took off my phone case. To my luck, I found a 5,000 won bill between my phone and my case.

Thank you Joohyun for pushing me to put emergency money in my phone.

I went to a nearby vendor to buy a large bottle of water. I walked around the park and drank my water. I noticed there seemed to be a festival going on, but many things were being set up. Only food vendors were prepped up and ready. I walked while pumping my hands up and down. I think Yuri told me that was good for my heart rate or something. This time I focused on breathing normally. You’d think I’d be exhausted by now, but I still had adrenaline running through my system. I knew my body was going to hate me during rehearsal, but I think I needed this. I needed something to calm me down.

I had been walking for about 45 minutes. My water supply was depleted and I was pumped up with energy. I recycled my bottled and started up a jog. Start light then bring up your pace. Yuri’s voice randomly popped in her head. Because now’s a good time to run properly.

 

--

Yuri’s PoV

 

It was already 5:45 by the time I got to the park. I don’t usually rush my morning running routine, but today was an exception. Within minutes, I saw Tiffany stretching by the playground of the nearby park.

“Yeah. Where have you been? Did you sleep in Yul?” Tiffany was a bit angry, but I didn’t care. I dragged her by the arm and started running home. “Hey. Hey! You just got here! Didn’t you promise me you would accompany me at the park? There’s vendors here this morning, too!”

I stopped in my tracks. “We’ve got problems at home.” Tiffany’s face changed.

“What’s wrong?” she started to pick up her pace.

“Taeyeon told me she thought she saw me leave after you. It’s either a saesang or another member. If it’s another member, we have no idea who or where she is.” It was a jungle going through all these people.

“Wait." Tiffany randomly stopped. "You’re talking about Taeyeon here.” she said as if I was oblivious to something.

“Yeah. Why did you stop?” I sounded annoyed.

“You know Taeyeon does not function well in the morning. I bet she even burned our breakfast.” I was surprised at how she was right, but her main concern went back to her other members.

“There were two pairs of shoes missing before I left.” I finally stated. I was not in the mood to fight with Tiffany. I just wanted to get home everything could be solved.

“Look. It’s almost 6. This member didn’t take a car or call our manager, did she?” I shook my head. “It’s probably Hyoyeon. She likes to walk in the mornings to clear her mind before dance rehearsals.”

I wanted to bring up the fact that the shoes that were gone are usually there, but it just sounded like an invalid argument. “You think we’ll see her?”

“Let’s look around for 15 minutes, then head home.” She started jogging.

“You just wanted to run around the park, didn’t you.” She just smiled and rolled her eyes.

 

--

 

A/N: You like the story so far?? :]

Eh.. It's not my best, but hey~

Yay Yultae and some Yulti~ Up next, JETI!