Three

Run Away

Jessica’s Pov:

 

I was about 5 minutes into a jog when my phone started ringing. It played our song ‘Gee’ which meant someone from the company was calling me. I tried to find my way around people so I could go to a secluded spot.

I answered without looking. “Gimme a few seconds. I’m trying a find a quiet space.” I guessed it was just a member looking for me.

I expected them to yell at me. I was thinking what to say. Yes. I went for a run. No. I’m not being caught by the paparazzi. I won’t hurt SNSD’s image. Yes, I’m actually running. Why? There’s a lot of things on my mind. I just needed to clear it. It’s nothing. We can discuss things later.  “Hello?” I finally said.

“Jessica.” It was my personal manager. “The management wants to talk to you. We’ll pick you up before your rehearsal.” My heart dropped. Why is everything happening so soon? ”Jessica-yah, I don’t want to bring everything down, but I don’t think it’s good. It’s about Blanc.”

I felt as if everything came crashing down. “Messaged received and understood.” I squeaked out.

“Jessica. Wait.” I hung up before her could talk me. I know he was going to feed me some bull about how the company is just thinking about the ‘best’ for me, but they’re just being inconsiderate. They’re not helping me whatsoever in my business ventures. Through my own resources I launched Blanc. I used my own marketing techniques. I’m getting my own fabric and shipping company. I’ve put my heart and soul into something that’s… me.

They can’t tell me to shut it down. Not after what I’ve put into this project.

The anger grew inside of me and the next thing you know, I’m sprinting home. I turned the music up even though my ears were ringing. I ran as fast as I could even though my legs were giving out, my heart was painfully palpitating, and my throat was burning. I kept running even though tears were streaming down my face and I couldn’t see properly.

I just needed to run. I needed to find that calm place before the call. I needed to feel reassured everything will be okay in the end.

 

--

 

Tiffany’s PoV

 

“Fany, it’s been 20 minutes. Let’s just go home.” I looked at Yuri. She looked exhausted. I had pushed the both of us to run around. I was sure we would find Hyoyeon.

“Fine.” This time she led the jog.

I cursed myself for wasting my phone battery while waiting for Yuri.

“Hey, Yul. What time--.” All of a sudden, I’m pulling my member from a speeding car. We fell on our butts on the curb. “What do you think you’re doing?!” I scream. The crosswalk light turned green and people started walking. They noticed the two of us, but simply passed by.

“I swear I saw Jessica.” She stood up and went the opposite direction.

I maneuvered through the oncoming people to catch Yuri. “Jessica? You’re crazy! She won’t run! She would’ve even wake up this early in the morning!” But Yuri was too fast.

 

We chased our tails for another 10 minutes. No sign of Jessica. No sign of any other member. I was starting to worry that all this effort was for nothing and Taeyeon and Yuri are just stressed and going crazy.

“Yul. What time is it?” I finally got to ask.

She checked her phone. I saw she had no notifications, so none of the members had any news. “6:21. Should we head back?” She looked guilty.

I knew she wanted to keep looking (well, we both did), but I knew it was best to return. “I guess. Let’s just clarify what’s going on.” We then started an easy jog back.

 

--

 

Taeyeon’s PoV

 

I was rushing the girls’ breakfast. Sunny, thankfully, obliged to help me. We were making some egg white omelets and roasted some turkey bacon. I put my tofu plans to the side…

Sunny’s phone rang. “I’m going to get that. It’s my mom.” She said as she finished frying the 4th and final omelet. “You can make the tofu or you can cook some ramen.” She then left.

I attempted steaming some tofu. I then heard the door open. “Pany? Yul? Did you find anyone?” I heard no answer. There was heavy breathing and stomping. I looked to the owner of the gasps.

 

“Jessica?!” I turned off the stove again.

“I came back before 9, okay? Please just leave me along for a while. I need to clear my mind or I might explode and I don’t want to hurt you.” She went to the balcony and sat in front of the glass door. She buried her head into her arms that were wrapped around her legs.

I just looked at her. I wasn’t sure what was bothering her, but she knew her limits and we knew not to push her limits.

I decided to give her some time. I planned on talking to her when breakfast was ready. She should’ve calmed down by then. I went back to the kitchen to finish boiling the tofu. I checked on Sica frequently. I hoped she would simmer down, but she was still stiff in front of the window. I steamed some squid balls and made some ramen. Hopefully, this feast will give her strength to open up and tell us what’s wrong.

A little over 10 minutes later, the door opened again.

“Taeyeon-ah!” it was Yuri. “Sorry I took so long! Is everything okay?” I walked out of the kitchen area.

“It’s Jessica.” I simply said. I pointed at the shoes that were just left on the floor. 

“I knew I saw her running!” Yuri punched Tiffany on the shoulder. She had a pained face.

Jessica Jung? “Mwo?! Running?” I screamed my thoughts out loud. I expected her to walk to clear her mind, but running?

“I know! I almost got hit by a car because she distracted me!” Yuri exclaimed.

“Yeah. You’re lucky I pulled you to the crosswalk.” Tiffany put her shoes back.

“Wait, we should check on her. SNSD works our butts off during training and rehearsal. Her body might not be able to take this random run. I hope her anemia didn’t affect her.” Yuri reasoned.

I stopped her. “Don’t. She’s obviously not in a good mood. You might trigger something that might cause her to explode.” She sighed.

“What should we do?” Yuri sounded defeated.

I looked at the time: 8:06. “Yul. Go wake up everyone. Breakfast is practically ready. Tell them to get prepared. Tiff, help me set up the table.” They both nodded and we did our respective roles.

 

--

 

Tiffany’s PoV:

 

It was around 8:30 and no one was out yet. Taeyeon was back in her room getting ready. Yuri was knocking on everyone’s door, but went back to her room to freshen up. I decided to confront Jessica, even if HellSica or emotional Sica would come out.

I grabbed a water bottle and a towel before I opened the sliding door.

“Hey.” I sighed. I sat next to her. She didn’t move.

“So, are you going to tell me what’s wrong or are we just going to sit like this all day?”

“I’m not in the mood Fany. Go away.” She grumbled.

“I would be a bad friend if I did that.” I pulled one of her legs so it would be straight, then I pulled an arm. She just flopped down. “Come on. You need to stretch after running or you’re going to be sore. And you don’t wanna be sore for dance rehearsal~” She didn’t really reject it, but she didn’t really comply. “Is it Krystal?” I asked. I wasn’t sure what would cause her to act this way.

She finally took the effort to stretch and looked at me. “It’s about Blanc and how it crashed opening day.”

I gave her a puzzled look. “That’s not so bad. You guys were able to open it up again.”

“It’s not that.” She groaned. I passed her the water and a towel and she took it. “I wanted to tell all the girls, but I guess I could tell you now.”

I was feeling really concerned. “What’s wrong?”

It was quiet for a long time. You could hear the slight buzz of city life. “SM is making me chose Blanc or SNSD.” She finally said.

She’s not going to choose Blanc over us… is she? “And it’s not fair because I wouldn’t want to pick one over the other! They barely gave me a chance! It’s not fair!” Tears were rolling down her face and she was sobbing. “The company is calling me in before our rehearsal and I’m scared.”

I moved to sit next to her. I shushed her and laid her head on my lap and I brushed her hair with my hands. She was sweaty, but I didn’t care. “We’ll figure everything out.”

We sat there for a long time. I bet it was a little past 9.

Soon enough, the YoonYul hoodlums and Taeyeon came out with some ramen, half an omelet, and orange juice.

“You guys should eat up before rehearsal. We have a busy schedule ahead of us.” Yuri half-smiled and the duo left.

Taeyeon squatted down and grabbed Sica’s hand. Sica held their hands together. “We’ll get through whatever this is. We always do.” Taeyeon smiled and left.

“Come on, Sica. Let’s eat.” I said as I kissed her temple.

She groaned. “But I’m tired.” I sighed of relief. At least she was back to her old self.

“Come on. Sit up. I’ll feed you.” And she obliged.

“Thanks.” She said before I sliced a piece of the omelet. She placed a chaste kiss on my cheek.  

“We have to stick together at times like this.” I said in English.

Little did I know, that I had to bite my words because within months, the company tore us apart. 

 

--

 

A/N: So... That's the end...

Don't hate me! 

I actually think I want to add more. Needs my JeTi.

What do you guys think? One more chapter tomorrow?

Happy Lunar New Year[: