Chapter 2

Justice

Krystal's heart was thumping. Out of all the missions and training they've done, this is the first she felt this way. Was it a good thing to do this or a bad thing? She was confused if she has to do good on this training or not. It's an honor to do it for the country, of course. But she then realized, she really is scared.

2 weeks training has gone so fast. They were in the conference room waiting for Yongguk when he then entered. He has one thick folder on his hand, and four fake identities on the other.

     "From what you can see, I guess I don't have to explain these, right?" they all nodded. 

He then threw the four papers of the agents who weren't qualified. 

BORA

JONGIN

HOYA

DONGJUN

The four agents unknowingly smiled but soon faded when they realized that it was their youngest that's going to be sent in. They felt the feeling Krystal felt during Yongguk's announcement. "Did you planned this ahead? Were you really planning to send me in?" Krystal said in a firm voice. She glared at Yongguk, while Yongguk looked at her with amusement.

     "No." he said, "I didn't" He stood up. His smile faded, "If you were that scared, then you should'nt have done a good job."

      "...and as for the four of you," he continued. "Why do you think this is a sign of relief? Isn't this supposed to be a warning that the youngest can possibly kick all of you out? This was a chance to do something for the country rather than just telling what's happening. Are you agents? Do you really have the guts to do something outrageous? Didn't you join my group for the sake of bringing justice?" he was slowly yelling.

The agents didn't know how to respond. They simply nodded.

     "Then why the are you happy?!" his eyes were glaring at them. He calmed himself down and turned around from them for a moment. He threw the thick folder in front of Krystal. "Study all of this. You have 2 days." he said before scanning all of them and left.

The conference room was quiet. They were filled with mixed emotions. How should they start a conversation? How will they say something? They were all flustered about what happened.

     "Krystal..." Jongin tried to reach out to her sitting beside him but she moved her hand. 

     "Maybe not now." she answered in a low voice. "I'll go out for a second to get some fresh air." she smiled faintly.

Yongguk was just outside waiting for her. She was startled.

     "No time for some fresh air." he said telling her to follow him on his office. She sighed heavily and returned to her old self while following Yongguk.

He opened the huge touch screen and clicked through files after files. He opened and minimized some then did the same thing for about five times. Krystal was amazed. Seeing Yongguk this way, she remembered how smart he really is and why they trusted him in the first place.

     "I know this is something scary." he said.

     "Really scary." Krystal answered.

     "If I didn't went in before, if they didn't have my face on their files, I could do this on my own. I can have the five of you as back-ups but I hope you understand that the government is filled of half idiots and half intelligent employees."

Krystal nodded.

      "For 2 days, you will study everything I know about the government. How they think, how they run their offices, and  find out about the new running Seoul Mayor candidate that they obviously planned to put in position. What did he do to get the government's vote? How did they find him? How qualified is he? What was his position before? What city? And most specially, what is the government covering about him?" 

Yongguk was firm and serious. Krystal was motivated. Her mind then had a flashback to when they were just starting. Yongguk was young but born intelligent. This was his side that approached the affected families way back 1994. They didn't know whether he was really one of the affected families or not.  But what they know is he was willing to seek revenge for them.

 

 

Krystal wear her best formal attire that she hasn't worn for awhile. It was hugging her figure, showing her petite body. The moment she went inside, eyes of the government employees followed her. She was really beautiful and her attire added charisma but she hates it when people look at her. She feels as if they're trying to know her secret, which is being an agent.

She went into the HR Department, sat down and waited for her turn. She was applying be one of the Database Analysts. She has to get closer to the systems as much as she can get.

Krystal Jung

She stood up and fixed her attire and went in with confidence. She gave her resume which then they reviewed. They seemed to be impressed with her fake identity. They asked her a few basic questions and explained that she will undergo a training which will test her skills if she's capable enough or not. She bowed and smiled, then went off. Yongguk was right. They're easy. If they see in your resume that you went to the other country, it's an additional point for you. 

"Tss. Idiots." 

 

 

Her 1-week training started. She knows a lot about computers too. She impressed Ricky Kim the most out of all 10 trainees. She showed skills that some isn't really hers. It was a skill the hackers were telling her. She has a mini device on her ear and a microscopic camera attached on her lace. They were showing good teamwork and in no time, there's no doubt that Krystal will get the position. 

She was right.

After a week, the other 9 were sent off and Krystal remains. She was introduced to the employees. 

     "Just to let you know, you're also an all-around employee." Ricky Kim said smiling. "Our Seoul Mayor candidate..." he stopped. "...correction, soon to be Seoul Mayor is currently busy. You know they have their profiles on our system right? We have to enter his new achievements and works as well. We have to do it before we revamp the systems. Hackers are idiots." he said while laughing.

Krystal smiled faintly while hearing Jeong-ui Media cursing him through Krystal. 

     "Let's go?" 

She nodded. They went inside a room full of National Guards and aides. They introduced themselves one by one. Ricky smiled when one of the Seoul Mayor aides approached them.

     "This is my son." he said proudly. Krystal stared into his eyes. It was shining and he was really handsome. He reached out his hand.

 

      "Hi. I'm Myungsoo."