Chapter 1

Justice

Everyone was playing around when Bang Yongguk suddenly went in and announced a meeting. It was said that their recent report made the government plan to revamp their systems in 2 months. All the information including the past Seoul Mayor Candidates, which they manage to bring down because of their reports containing the illegal activities that these candidates done and still are doing.

                “We might have the best 3 hackers in Korea, but if we break into their system, they’ll manage to track us down and that’ll be the end of us.” Yongguk announced.

                “So, what’s the plan then?” Hoya asked.

                “We’ll send someone in.”

With that one sentence, the room was filled with silence. Everyone was shocked with his sudden command and decision. The silence broke when Krystal stood up.

                “Are you crazy?” she exclaimed.

                “No.” Yongguk answered a hint of being uninterested.

                “You’re sending someone out. Isn’t that more dangerous than hacking their site? We’ll manage to move out in no time anyway so—“

                “Are you willing to be held accountable for it?” he cut Krystal off.

                “Wh—what?”

“Is it okay, if ever we got tracked down, and we might not leave as early as we thought and get arrested, we’ll send you in alone instead?”

Krystal blew her bangs off her face before speaking up again.

                “Well I’m sorry. I wasn’t aware but can I ask, since when was the freedom of speech removed in GCU?” she said, obviously irritated and pissed off.

Everyone was trying to tell her to sit down or to shut it.

                “No! We, the agents, will get in trouble. We might get killed for god’s sake! But no. Aparently, Yongguk here doesn’t give a . Why? He’s not the one who’s going to be sent in. Why don’t he do it himself? He knows clearly what he’s talking about so let him do it himself then!”

Then there was silence. Yongguk was staring blankly at the fake window with fake trees. He wasn’t reacting and everyone was waiting for him to speak. They know that Yongguk is smart enough to make this decision but the youngest agent suddenly burst out.

                “Are you done?” he asked her, earning her pissed off look. “If I can do it myself, I will. I know my decisions, I know the government. Even before I could build up GCU, I had several plans that will surely work. Do you want to know why I’m so sure about it? Because I’ve already worked for the Government.”

Everyone was shocked, including Krystal whose expression was now changed into confusion.

                “I know how their minds are just filled with greed about money and nothing more. All of them, they’re all the same. Once you worked and commit yourself to the government, you’ll turn into the same crap as they are right now.”

                “I went in just to study about them, to observe them and how they look so stupid doing everything for money. That’s where I get all these strategy and knowledge about the government. None of it came from the school, the books, or the internet… it came directly from the government. One quick fact about the government: Once you get out, they won’t let you back in.” he said.

Krystal slowly sat down, embarrass from her sudden burst of emotions. Jongin, who was sitting beside her smirked and stuck his tongue out. The whole room just looked up to Yongguk once more. He was no joke, they thought.

“I wonder why you’re worried about your safety. What we’re doing right now is dangerous itself. The agents go around all the time but when you’ll try to actually LEARN by yourself, you’re scared? The government doesn’t keep their tracks on their employees. You won’t get caught, get killed or whatever there is that you’re scared of unless you’ll make a stupid mistake, which you won’t and shouldn’t.”

                “We work for at least 20 hours a day, government makes you work 8 hours a day. We backed up our agents, they don’t. We care about everything we have, they only will when someone just tries to steal it or tell the whole world about it. Like I told you, they’re just bunch of craps. There’s nothing scary about it. You’ll work like a normal person and that’s it! You’re working for me so what’s scary about working for them? You get to live like a normal person.”

He said. Everyone was nodding in unison.

                “Now Krystal, the next time I announce something, let me explain more details why I myself can’t do it.” He cleared his throat. “The 5 of the agents will undergo a 2-weeks special training. This will determine who’s equipped enough to enter the government without failing the whole team. Once I let that one agent in the government, he/she will undergo 1-week special training under Ricky Kim, my trainer back then as well, about the government’s crap so it doesn’t matter. Just get into the important details.”

He grabbed the folder in front of him.

                “We’ve already fixed your fake documents, hacked some government files about the people of Korea who they clearly doesn’t give a about, and put all of your fake identities in. We’ll delete the other four when the time comes.”

                “Going back to Ricky Kim, he’s not on our side. He’s loyal to the Government because he loves to serve the people. Apparently he’s in the wrong place. But a quick reminder to everyone, he doesn’t know about GCU or Jeong-ui. I mean, he probably know about us but he doesn’t know that I’m one of you. He’s a great friend but you can never tell. He’s on the government’s side after all.”

He paused and stood up.

He cleared his throat and stood. “That’s all there is to say. I’ll meet the agents again in 2 days, so please prepare.” He then bowed to everyone which they did the same. He was about to turn around when he remembered something. “Ah, also, review our mission. We said we’ll do anything to give justice to the people of Korea specially…. You know why we build this in the first place right?” He bowed again. They waited for him to leave the room when the agents suddenly burst out laughing.

                “When will you learn Krystal? He knows what he’s doing, stupid!” Bora, her best friend said. She grabbed Krystal’s neck lightly.

                “Wow, Krystal. I seriously love your courage but please, put it in place.” Dongjun joked. Krystal was about to hit him when he ran away hitting Hoya, then they started running and hitting each other.

Jongin clapped his hands while laughing towards Krystal. “He blew you off your chair, AGAIN. History repeats itself.” He laughed.

                “Atleast I tried protecting our safety!” she tried to justify.

                “Krys, girl, we’re safe. We’re gonna back up each other right?”

                “He didn’t said anything about that.” She said.

All the agents paused and laughed at her. “What?” she asked in confusion.

                “Isn’t that part of our rules? Scaredy cat.” Jongin teased again earning her very hard spank.