Snowflake's Story Away

Snowflake to Winter

  The forecast reported a change in weather last night, and they're right. A newly made white blanket covers the city of Toronto, the beginning of the winter season, an ending to the year.

 

  Around the center of this city, a brown hair girl, the pretty age of twenty-five, Bae Suzy. It's winter, she thought. Her hand naturally went to the windows, wiping it clean to see the outside world of the mini public transport bus. There's still a good fifteen minutes before her bus stop, a perfect time to appreciate what's out there. 

 

Snow. Winter. Snowflakes. 

 

Me and him.

 

Kai. 

 

We had no direct contact these past years. He is living his life, and I am living mine. It's sad, how we're not part of each other's life anymore. At least we gave each other something to hold precious to - memories. The memories we share, at least that part won't ever change. A permanent mark.

 

I smiled softly to myself. I can't remember every single moment, but the speeding beating of my pulse, his deep eyes, and of course, those pink, thick lips, I do remember. If they were the veins of a leaf, I'll be able to try every curve, and every line. 
I already said my goodbyes.

 

"Ding. Stop number thirty-four. Indigo Pathway intersection. All leaving passengers please secure your belongings, and carefully exit." I neatly patted my coat, and went out the bus door.

 

Looking up, I see that the sky is not the normal blue today. I wonder if anyone notices. It's so pretty, a lighter shade. Is it the same colored sky all over earth today? 

 

Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see people giving short glances. Well, I might have been staring for a good five minutes, not that I care anyway. 

 

"HEY! Suzy?", a guy's voice loudly rang into my ear. 

 

My ear nearly got blasted off. That voice. Don’t tell me. Please. Lord save me. Fuming internally when I turned around, finally looking away from above, my neck slightly cracked, I cringed a little at the pain. I shouldn't do that next time. The low unique pitched voice came from a guy with the appearance of small, yet piercing eyes, a sharp jaw line, and a lean body. Myungsoo. As always.

 

He smirked, looking straight into me. "Good-looking, right?”, he said, as he saw me scanning him.

 

I sighed, taking in an exaggerated amount of air. "Of course. You are the reason why we wear sunglasses in this weather," I said sweetly, showing my huge fake smile, tilting my head cutely, before whispering " it'll blind us, you self-conceited jerk." 

 

Myungsoo gave a heartfelt laugh, his mouth open to showcase his upper row. He gently shook his head, still replaying my response. Oh he loves it so much. Maybe too much. But hearing him laugh is such a pleasure to listen to. We're natural with each other. A pencil and an eraser. Different, yet with the same purpose, to create an essay.

 

When I first arrived, a position was already saved for me, and I reluctantly agreed, since I have no thoughts in staying in a nearly empty house by myself. After that, our company became business partners, we met, and often had assignments together. Now we're good friends, who didn’t have the best first impression of each other.

 

Looking down a hallway that seemed to go on forever, I was there staring down the numbers on the numerous doors. Five hundred sixty-two, five hundred sixty-two, repeating the number. It’s so quiet here.

 

Five hundred sixty-two. Found it. I leaned over to knock on the door when a voice came from behind. 

 

“Stop. Where are you going? This room is for new position officers. For me.", spoke a guy, emphasizing “for me”.

 

The guy was about half a head taller than me, with eyes that seemed to have lasers in them, an extremely arrogant human. I wonder how a guy with such small, flat eyes, can have such a glare.  A few seconds past, before the Laser Punk, my nickname for him, pushed me to the aside, rudely, and opened the door himself.

 

“Stupid brat. Don't block my road.”, he spoke, under his breath, of course, loud enough just for me. Automatically, he recieved a kick from behind his knee, making him dropped onto the floor, knee hitting first. Oh well, it wasn't even a strong kick anyway, His fault, could learn some manners, I thought.

 

Rewind to the present. We continued to walk together for a few minutes, laughing and chatting about random stuff. Later, Myungoo and I parted way, but not before bickering a bit. About the dumbest thing ever. Always, the dumbest. The topics we argued about in the past were very vast, ranging from the length of what each gender's eyelashes is suppose to be all the way to how to properly eat a chicken drumstick. 

 

Inside the company main building, I greeted the passing people, some rushing back from the coffee shop, some focused on something, most barely awake. Pray for their health, pity. I arrived at my section, found my assigned desk, and grabbed the stack of papers that I had prepared days before, from the bottom left drawer and then headed out of the building again. Both of my hands were busy. One arm is wrapped around the papers, and the other is holding onto a phone, singlehandly typing. To my partner, Kim Myungsoo. 

 

Laser Punk and I sat across from each other in the room. We finally gave up the long battle of "who is the one that doesn't belong here", and peace at last as we sat and pondered around our mobile devices. Me listening to music. I did glance up to see him silently texting or messing around on his phone. He honestly has a simple striking look. 

 

The door creaked open, a little, then Mr. Park, full name, Park Jin Young, my advisor came in. Laser Punk and I stood up instantly, nearly the same beat, and bowed deep to the advisor. "Good morning, Suzy and Myungsoo, or L.", Mr. Park paused midway. "Yes, I forgot to inform you two. We're gathering more people for this new section, and so far we only have two."

 

Wait, that Laser Punk knows my advisor? Hmph, I thought this position was personally for me. Apparently I am not special enough to that point.

 

So there's the story. Even though I know he usually prefers to go by L, a much cooler name, I that he should just stick to Myungsoo. And so I did.

 

"Slowpoke. Hurry up," Myungsoo commanded as he saw me. I blew a breath of air, lifting my bangs up, then back down to my forehead.

 

"Yah! Can't you be nice?"

 

"Nice? What's that?"

 

"Your a**", I replied, in a monotone, which earned me a sideway grin from him.

 

"My a** is nice. Isn't it? Better than yours, if you even have one."

 

Without my reply, he chuckled, and pulled my hand with the phone towards him, and embraced me, a short skinship. Suprisingly, Myungsoo does have a layer of muscle beneath the thin clothing. His warm embrace reminds me of Kai suddenly. 

 

Kai. A depressing flow of bubbles rised into my chest. Go away I tell the Kai of my thoughts. Don't annoy me.

 

"So how is it going with Snotface?", L asked at the end of our business meeting. Snotface is a nickname used by us to call the guy, or old man I am arranged to marry. Arranged like different flowers in a vase. 

 

I stopped humming, and in the middle of whatever I was doing. "It's okay. He's actually not that bad," I told him. 

 

"He's more like a father", I softly added.

 

Myungsoo didn't have any reaction, he stayed motionless, and expressionless. Then, he came to the other side of the desk where I was standing, he approached me and out of the blue, like the wierd him, headlocked me. "Come on, we're finished here. Let's go have lunch.", he said, giving me a smile. I sent a tiny one back at him, and followed him out. The two of us marched out, as our figures grew smaller and smaller. We joked our way to eat. feel lighter now.

 

At these moments, I really want to thank Myungsoo. I did mentally.

 

And I hope Kai is doing well. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, to all my readers and subscribers. It's been half a year since I last updated. I have reader's block quite often, and I forget the ideas I had. I had to reread the first chapter, and it was so cheesy for me, even though I created it. My style this time is slightly different, but just take it as if it's because this chapter is from Suzy's point of view. Don't be too disappointed that there isn't any Kaizy moments here. I hope you had enjoyed this chapter and Myungzy's moments. 

 

Thanks for reading, and I will try update more.

 

Comment please!! ^ ^