The Start Of Kaizy

Snowflake to Winter

Time makes something unpleasant goes by very slow, but when something pleasant happens time goes by fast, faster than one can catch up to. Time can change someone entirely, or a little, but will change even in the smallest possible bit. 

  "Yah, that's not right",he warned, his gentle voice softly sounding in her ear, while his lips, closely above her cheeks, nearly touching, just barely brushing against the peach fuzz on her cheek.

Her heart thumped strongly, a pulse then another pulse, each coming a spilt second after the other left, the world became dizzy, until she could only see, him. He was unaware of her emotions. To him, she was just another girl that wasn't concentrating well enough, and corrected her again, guiding her hands through the moves, then performing once again for her to mirror to.

 She studied each and every one of his moves carefully, hoping not to disappoint him, this man in front of her. Even now she doesn't know how she had ever became this highly attracted to this man, with his rather dark skin tone, usually cold, unchanging face.

  The times she had the lucks of spending time with him went by fast, each practice made her discover him, to be a stubborn, quiet, yet gentle, kind man. 

  Slowly, her heart, a piece by piece was given to him, both willingly and unknowingly. By the time, she began noticing her feelings for him, somewhere in her heart she already knows about it all along. He controlled her daily mood, if he's smiling, she's floating on cotton clouds, if he's laughing at her jokes, she's losing her soul to Heaven.

 As time went by, he began to open his once cold heart, to the cute cheerful laughter, clumsy mistakes and enthusiastic her. Ironically, maybe because she was too overwhelm in her love for him, that she didn't notice that he began to feel the way she was feeling too.

Then that one day came.

They were just merely practicing like any other, getting ready for another performance tomorrow night. Every other student except Suzy has left already, leaving behind only Suzy and Kai. Several hours past, the clock has striked midnight, but the lights in the building was still on. 

"Suzy-ah",he said her name so delicately, "Are you tired?"

"Ani, oppa, kenchena",she smiled, sweetly and looked up into his eyes. "Why, oppa tired?"she pouted cutely, her round eyes swallowing him in. He came closer to her, raising his hand to smooth out the bangs that were sticking onto her wet forehead. 

  His heart rate started to go up in high speed, time stopped, and his face inched towards her, his right arm still wrapped around her waist, body still in the dance position. His lips landed on hers, perfectly, he blinked his eyes closed, but she could only stare, frozen in time.

When Kai was about to let her go after the sudden imitated contact, she fainted for a short minute, falling directly into his shoulders, causing him to falter in surprise. He wrapped his arms around her tightly, and chuckled slightly at the playback.
--------------------


  After the incident, they were officially together, even if Kai is sometimes a bit shallow with his words, and could never express much, Suzy doesn't care. They shared their happiness with each other, and with each happiness they felt the other is the definition.
--------------------


It was a freezing winter, seven degrees below zero, they met up even in this kind of hazardous weather. The couple enjoyed their time together by a tree in the back of the school, where it was only them, chatting away in several topics. Before the bell rang for break over, Suzy touched a sensitive topic.

"Oppa, come home with me, I want my parents to see you", she said, holding Kai's hand like a little child, swinging it playfully.

  His hands felt heavy and dropped, his expression turned cold, like ice in Antarctica. "No, I don't think we should",he replied, "Not yet".

 Suzy tilted her head, confused at his statement, but then quickly cheered up, smiling sweetly once again "Oh, ok, I'll be patient for you." She went up close to him and hugged him tightly. Kai could only hug back, rubbing his head against her soft hair and relaxing himself in her warm embrace.

"Come on, it's too cold", he sighed, dragging her hand in, heading towards the building.
 --------------
  "News has been reported that Bae Hyunjoo, a past criminal, who has been accused of murder six years ago, has been released. Let's hope he has recovered and learned from his mistakes."

A week after the release, an heated argument begin in a supposed to be happy family reunion. 

"No! Aniya! I'm not going with you!", she screamed, wrestling hands with a tall, much older man, who seems to have some physical similarities to the screaming girl. 

"Not going? You are not going?! Suzy, you ARE going.", the man yelled back, then forcefully grabbing the back of her hair strongly. Suzy yelped in pain, lowering down to the ground, and sobbing in dramatic amount of tears.

"APPA!", she screamed again, wishing to get the old man's senses back together. The older man seemed to faze off for a minute in reaction to her. The father has forgotten what it was like to be a dad, and for a split second he wanted to apologize, but quickly returned back to the usual devil himself. The girl took the chance to release his hold and raised up, glaring straight into the older man's eyes.

 "Appa? I'm not your appa anymore, since the day you reported me to the police I am no longer your appa," he replied to her, almost as if if he's talking to himself.

"Then, why? What do you need me for?",Suzy asked back, clenching her fist.

"For you to marry"

"Who?", she said, barely choking it out.

"My old business partner", he sneered.

-------------


 A snow storm just past by the area a few days ago, the weather was still freezing, not ever going above the negatives. Roads were slippery, covered with ice and snow, most cars didn't dare to drive across.

 Among the pure white surrounding, a person was easily spotted, strolling casually in this weather.
 Little flakes of ice splashed out as Kai grazed his feet along the frozen sidewalk, bending down and observing the snow so carefully. Just when he was about to continue on the road, someone's arms came from behind, and wrapped him in a tight hug.

"Suzy?," he wondered aloud, and turned around. The two were now facing each other. The moment Kai loosened her arms, and faced her, Suzy rushed back into his arms, trying to hide her watery eyes. She nuzzled her cheeks against his chest, closing her eyes, feeling safe.

"Hey, am I that easy to guess?", she asked slightly sniffling.

"Suzy? What happened? Why are you crying?", Kai asked, worried. He obviously noticed her abnormal behavior, that she's not herself today, that something was wrong. 

She let him go, and knew she couldn't hide from him, he knew her too well. Tears kept leaving her eyes like emptying out a water bottle drop by drop. She glued her eyes to the ground, not wanting him to see her like this. 

Kai stepped closer to her and gently took hold of her hand, making heat with both of his hands rubbing hers. When the cold finally faded away becoming warm, Kai swept the bangs away from her eyes, and lifted her chin up to make her look at him in the eyes.

 She tried to refuse his commands, but couldn't say no to his protective and caring gestures, that made the water in the bottle of her eyes drop even faster.

At last, Suzy gave up her weak struggle, looking straight into Kai's dark, brown, and handsome pupils.

"Oppa, what if...what if one day I betrayed you, and left you? Will you hate me?",Suzy asked seriously, hardly breathing.

"Stupid, you won't ever do that", he stated plainly, as if it's a question with a too obvious answer.

His confidence and strong trust towards her made it even worst, breaking her down into a wet large sobbing mess. Kai looked at her, suddenly very worried, very confused at what he might had said wrong.

"Suzy, stop. This isn't like you. Look at me.", he commanded her. 

"I don't know what's wrong, but crying doesn't help. You right now, is weak. 
The Bae Suzy I know is strong" he continued.

Just a few words from this man and yet she felt like already her whole life is perfect. To make sure later she won't leave with regrets, she gathered up her courage and told him.

"Kai, saranghae", whispered Suzy, frantically wiping away her tears, and letting them dry.

 Surprised at her sudden announcement, Kai couldn't help, but think Suzy's actions are too cute, simply adorable. It made him realize how much he really loves this sweet innocent girl.

  He reached out his hands and dried the wetness away from her face. During this process, all Suzy did was look at him. She looked at him as if he will run away, disappear forever. 

 One corner of Kai's lips twitched up, evilly, then he said something. "Don't past out again, ok?",he whispered, mocking her.

 The next second, Kai stepped forward, closing in the gap between them, then lowering his face to match her height. Suzy felt her heart beating terribly fast in the beginning until she can't feel it anymore, her eyelids fluttered down.

  Their lips were nearly touching, only half of a millimeter apart, their breath tingling across each other's. Tick, tock. Kai wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her in. Tick, tock, tick. He angled his face and kissed her. 

 And the distance of half a millimeter became zero.

Moments went by. Time ticked, and ticked. His lips was still on hers, kissing them so gently, pressing softly on her lips. She replied back to him, with nervousness. She couldn't believe what was happening, and when it happened she could hardly react. Last time she couldn't handle it, this time wasn't much better.

She. Fainted. Again.
---------------
 
  His eyes no longer held the warm gaze it use to have, it was colder, more emotionless than what he would have given to his lifetime enemy. Betrayed, ripped, and the feeling of extreme loss rushed into the words that described his current emotions. He was stripped of his everything, his academy, the dance academy he worked so hard, and so tirelessly to build and save up money for, all destroyed, all taken. 

 Concluding that everything happened, because of Suzy's greed. This statement might be a lie that covers the truth, but what's reality now is the two lost important treasures in his life is gone, Suzy and the academy.

 She left, greedy for money, he thought. Suzy, his former student-turned-lover, his supposed love of his life, betrayed him, traded him for paper, yes money. Those green thin little things that makes human beings turn evil, selfish. He had once felt that Suzy, will be forever with him, he being hers, and she being his, happily together forever and ever. But all those dreams, illusions, promises were all just fantasy. Words spoken, but gone within short moments. 

  Now probably married to the rich old man, someone older than her by more than twenty years, old enough to be her father. Yet, somewhere deep in his heart, even after all Suzy done, there was still a bit of love for. Maybe all of it, not once disappearing, just covered by the misty questions, and confusing situation. 

  Love isn't a chalkboard covered with chalk that you could just clean off every now and then. Love doesn't obey you, it's its own living creature. He couldn't simply wipe away the truth he never stopped loving her, not loved, even though there's a large possibility she's the cause of everything.