12. It's A Date

Delicately Dangerous

Eunhee got ready for school and she saw that Jinyoung had left breakfast for her, he was nowhere to be found, but she figured that after what happened yesterday. She knew he had good intentions, the more she put her face out in the Fae community, the more they would have to accept her. 

But after all the years, they still stared, there was no hope really, she couldn’t fit in the community. She was always going to be an outcast to them, they always looked at her as different. 

She ate quickly and cleaned up so she could head to school, she was excited just because she did enjoy learning there. The girls were a pain but after missing a day and a half of school maybe they'd get off her back. 

She got dressed and headed out, there were no other Fae around so there was no one to look at her, she was given the forest to herself. She flicked fire in her hands and watered some trees along the way as she headed out. 

It was still early for her to be in school but the gates were open, she walked in and everyone was finally minding their own business.  

She couldn't feel their stares on her for once, it was quite liberating actually. It was so different from home as well. It was probably why those girls bothered her so much, she was stared at in the Fae world and here.  

She couldn't escape people judging her, and that was a difficult burden to bear. She headed inside and went straight for her locker. She looked at his locker wistfully, maybe he wouldn't bother her today. 

But that was wishful thinking, she knew he would probably come find her as soon as he got there.  

The cue of girls screaming meant it was her time to try and run away. She grabbed all her books and headed to the classroom.  

But it was too late, he managed to spot her from the entrance door. He caught up to her easily and fell into step with her. 

“Hey, you ditched after lunch the other day.” He said to her, "Did something happen?"  

Eunhee sighed as she felt the girls staring at her again, "You should know, Daeryong, they're your fan girls." She said. 

"I told you as soon as you go out on a date with me, they'll go away." He told her, opening the classroom door for her to walk through.  

She nodded her thanks to him with a smile, "I can't. They'll judge me." She told him and they sat down at their seats. 

"Why do you care what they think? You should be happy for yourself, you know." Daeryong replied, "You should do what makes you happy."  

"You're saying you can make me happy, Daeryong?" She asked him, looking at his face. She would never deny he was attractive, and he kept chasing her, after all the times she rejected him. It didn't make any sense, she figured it was because he was an Alpha male and he had to win over everyone. 

He smiled at her, it was a cute smile really, "You skipped a whole day of school too, I missed you." He said sincerely.  

He reached out for her hand and she almost let him take it. Maybe he was right, maybe he wasn't crazy.  

Maybe he actually cared.  

"Hey, you skipped yesterday." Soryong said, interrupting them as he sat in front of them. Daeryong glared at his brother hatefully before turning back to Eunhee.  

She couldn't help but laugh at what happened, Soryong had the best timing really. "Yeah, do I need an excuse or something?" She asked him. 

Daeryong smiled, "I covered for you, don't worry about a doctor's note." He said.  

She looked at him, "That sounds a little suspicious and worrying." She said in a light tone. 

"Aww, you wound me. Do you really think I would say anything bad about you?" Daeryong asked her.  

She pursed her lips in thought, "Hmm.." She said playfully. She couldn't help it with how nice this felt, as if she didn't have to worry about what she was. She had a more thorough understanding of why she liked being around the brothers now after she went around the village. 

It still didn't help that they had flocks of girls chasing them though. "Okay, you're right. You wouldn't." She said. 

Daeryong smirked at her, "Hey, Eunhee are you flirting with me?" He asked her directly. "You should go on a date with me if you are."  

She shrugged her shoulders, "I told you, your fan girls would ruin me if I did that." She said, reverting back to her usual self. 

At that exact moment the teacher walked in and the school day started. He stopped talking to her for the rest of the class and let her continue her day. 

She learned that the story he used for her was she had a 24 hour cold and came down with it after lunch two days ago. It was rather reasonable but she knew that the teachers only really believed him because it was Daeryong. 

He continued to ask her for a date all day but she said no. Even at lunch, she sat with Jia and the two boys. 

"So are you feeling better?" Jia asked her. 

"Yeah, much. I just needed to relax a little bit after the whole fiasco the other day." Eunhee answered. She knew Jia knew the cold story was a lie. 

"Let me know next time, okay? I could've made you something." Jia told her. 

"I'm sorry." Eunhee said sadly, and they held hands as she meant her apology. 

"Wow, you'll hold her hand?" Daeryong asked in an offended tone, but Eunhee knew he was just joking around. 

"She's a girl, Daeryong. She doesn't have fan girls that tried to dump a bunch of water on me." She replied back. She didn't mean to add sass to her words but she saw his face twist up as she finished her sentence. 

"That's why you ditched after lunch?" He asked her quietly. She looked to Jia, they had promised to keep it a secret for Yura and she cringed.  

"Yeah." She answered, there was no use lying to him, the words had already left her. 

"Okay." He said and after that he looked at her determinedly. "You should have told me."  

"It's not your problem that they don't like me." She told him. "It's mine. Even though I don't go on a date with you, I still hang around you." 

"But we're friends, that's why you hang out with us. I'm the one who's trying to go out with you." He told her. 

"True." Eunhee mumbled quietly, "Sorry I didn't tell you."  

He nodded and went back to his lunch. They parted ways as they didn't have their next class together but she knew he would see him after the bell rang 

"Well, how was class?" He asked her by her locker and she sighed to herself. He was back to his usual cheerful self after that conversation at lunch. 

"Just fine, Daeryong." She replied, closing her locker. "Is there something you need?" She asked. 

"I got helmets." He said cheekily, he realized that what he needed to do was honor their promise.  

"I said I would consider a bike ride if you got helmets, I didn't say yes." She remarked, walking past him through the hallway. The girls continued to glare at her as she ignored them as well as Daeryong who was easily keeping pace beside her. 

"But I got them for you. Besides, one date wouldn't kill you, I've been on one date with every girl in this school. They'll ignore you once you go out with me, because they know I'm not usually intrigued after one date." Daeryong said, summing up his words nicely. He knew he would want more than one date with the girl who could ignore him. But he didn't want her to know that. 

"One date and then you'll ignore me after that?" She asked him. After all that egging from Jia and the girls and now him, maybe it wouldn't kill her. And his fan girls did say he likes the chase. 

"It's what I did with everyone else in my fan club." Daeryong said with a shrug, no agreement and no denial meant he wasn't lying. 

Eunhee pursed her lips together in thought, "Fine. Where are we going?" She asked but as soon as she agreed, he grabbed her hand and started running for his bike. 

He took the helmets out and handed a red one to her. "Here, you go, Princess. One helmet as per your request." He put on his own helmet which was black and climbed onto his bike. 

"You never answered my question, Daeryong." She said, fastening the helmet on and climbing onto the back. Her arms easily wrapped around his waist for support. 

"I thought you would have caught on by now. It's a surprise, now hold on tight, don't want you flying off before we get there." He said, kicking the bike into start and zooming away. 


Author's Note;;
WOOT :D lol. this will be a double update :3
Managed to finish two chapters while on the airplane.. lol. 
new place, still on vacay though~
Enjoy ^w^