Friends

These Are For You (One Shot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though it was the weekend, Mi Rae still had to work at her moms bakery shop.

"Umma can I take a break please?" she asked as she looked over to her mom who was busy putting some bread into the oven to bake.

"Sure. Take a 15 minute break,"

"Thank you!" she smiled as she took off her apron and chef hat and placed them on the counter before exiting the kitchen and going over to the display to grab a tasty pastry and a drink from the fridge.

"Are you going to pay for that?" joked her sister. "No," she stuck out her tongue and went over to an empty table. She placed the plate down and her drink down as she took the seat out and sat down. She faced the store because she hated having her back towards people.

She took a bite out of the pastry and smile in content. Her mother was a master at baking.

The shop was fairly empty mostly in part because it was past lunch time and no one really got the sweet tooth until later in the day.

She took a sip out her drink and was about to take another bite when someone walked into the shop. The door 'dinged' and Mi Young was bowing and greeted the new customer.

"Welcome. How can I help you?" said her sister. Mi Rae looked over to the guy and he was fairly cute and for some reason he seemed oddly familiar but she shrugged it off as she finished eating her pastry.

She drank some more of her drink and was about to get up to get another pastry when he stopped her.

"Um excuse me,"

"Yes?" she looked at him confused.

"Are you... Are you Park Mi Rae?" he asked. She looked at him shocked before slowly nodding her head.

He smiled and pointed at himself. "Don't you remember me? Shin Dong Woo..." he trialed off looking at me intently.

"Shin Dong Woo?" she said letting the name sit for a minute. It seemed to have taken her little longer than what he expected but it was okay.

She looked at him as she placed her fingers on her chin and she inspected him. Looking him up and down. She then looked at him in the eyes and hers grew big.

"CNU!" she chimed as she clapped her hands. He broke into a wide smile as she finally remembered.

"Ne," he answered as he remembered the nickname that was given to him when he was a child. "Omo! What are you doing here? I thought you moved back to the countryside?" she asked.

"I moved back to Seoul. I'm actually attending school here," he admitted. "Really? What school?"

"Um... that one in Gangnam?" he said confused. She laughed. "There's many in Gangnam babo,"

She actually remembered the time they spent together when they were younger. She actually missed his accent. How he spoke in a different dialect.

"Umm...the one in Daechi-dong... W-"

"Whimoon High School?! No way!" she interrupted him. "You go there too!" he asked shocked.

"Yeah! What class?"

"3-1,"

She looked at him shocked. "Since when? I haven't seen you! That's my class!" she said. "I'm starting Monday. I just moved here on Thursday with my sister,"

Mi Rae looked at the boy surprised. "I can't believe this. Wow. This is such a coincidence," she said trying to think of something.

"Yah! Mi Rae mom's calling you!" yelled her sister from the counter. She sighed as she looked at CNU apologetically. "I probably have to go back to work,"

"This is your moms shop?" he asked looking around the rather medium sized bakery. "Yeah it is,"

He broke into a smile. "Do you think she'll remember me?" he asked in his heavy dialect. She laughed a little. "Of course! She actually asked about you the other day! Come on," she said as she grabbed his wrist and dragged him towards the counter.

"Mi Rae what are yo-" trailed off her sister as she saw Dong Woo. She smirked slightly but didn't say anything. As Mi Rae passed by with Dong Woo in tow, Mi Young quickly whispered into her ear. "What about Hong Bin?"

Mi Rae glared at her sister but didn't say anything as she took Dong Woo into the kitchen. "Umma!" she smiled as she spotted her mom. "What took you so lo-"

Her mother glanced towards Dong Woo and looked puzzled. "Who is this?" she asked. "Umma... don't you remember Shin Dong Woo?"

"Shin Dong Woo?" she looked even more puzzled as she set down the dough that she was working on onto the counter and wiped her hands with her apron.

"Ne... C-CNU eomeoni," he said shyly. Mi Rae's mother's eyes grew wide as seemed to have realized who it was. "Omo! CNU-ah! Woah you've grown so much!"

Dong Woo broke into a smile as Mi Rae's mother hugged him tightly. "I didn't even recognize you! But why are you here?" she asked pulling away.

"My sister got a job here in Seoul so I moved her with her,"

"Umma he's in my class now!" chimed Mi Rae. "Chincha!?" her mother asked looking between them. "Ne. I start school Monday,"

"Wow. You should pass by the house when you have time. Or have Mi Rae bring you," they all smiled at each other as they started to catch up with each other.

¬

That Monday Mi Rae woke up and was actually excited to go to school because it was Dong Woo's first day and he was in her class.

During the weekend she hung out with Hongbin and had a good time with him. They got to know each better and talked about what they wanted to do in the future.

She got out bed and went straight to the bathroom to shower up and put on her uniform. She brushed out her hair and then applied make-up. She finished up her usual routine before grabbing her phone off the charger and grabbing her bag as she left her room to go downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Good Morning honey!" chimed her mother as she set a plate of bacon onto the table. "Morning!" Mi Rae chimed back as she set her bag down next to the counter and placed her phone into her jacket pocket.

"You seem to be in a happy mood," noticed Mi Sook. "Remember CNU?"

​"CNU?" he said as he thought about who it was. "Oh yeah! What about him?"

"He just moved back to Seoul with his sister and now he just so happens to go to the same school as your sister and is in the same class,"

"Woah! Seriously! That's great! But don't you think Hongbin is going to be jealous?" smirked Mi Sook. "Of course not! I already told him an old friend moved back,"

"But did you tell him it was a guy,"

"I didn't. But he didn't ask so... plus CNU is just a friend to me. He's my best guy friend,"

"Sure 'guy friend'. I don't think there is such relationships with guys and girls honestly," Mi Sook air quoted.

Mi Rae rolled her eyes as she took a bite out of the bread that her mother baked and reached over to grab some bacon as her mother poured her orange juice.

 

Once at school Mi Rae rushed into her classroom to find Ji Yoon already sitting at her desk. "Morning Mi Rae,"

"Morning,"

"You're early," she smirked. "Is it because of Hongbin?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter