Did I make the right choice?

My Sister and I

Narrator's PoV;

Denise unlocked the door to her home to find Dongwook on the other end of the phone.

"Oh, she just came in, Mrs. Kobayashi," he said. "Here, Denise. It's your mom." Dongwook held out the phone to his fianceé.

After taking the phone, Denise replied, "Hey, Mom,"

"Hello, Denise," Phylicia, Denise's mother, answered. "Are you still planning on coming over for dinner Friday?"

"I am, Mom. There's something I want to ask."

"Well, what is it, dear?"

"Is...is it...okay if I invited a couple of friends over?"

"Well, of course. Any friend of yours is more than welcome to come. What's her name?"

"Kira."

"Well, Kira may come if she wants, but I hope you plan on bringing some food, too, and not have me do all the work, are you?"

"I'll bring those steamed meat buns you like."

"Steamed, I hope? A woman must do her best to maintain her figure, especially if she has a man in her life."

"Yes, Mom."

"Well, I'll get out of your hair. I'm sure you have plenty of papers to grade. Good bye, my dear."

"Bye, Mom."

As soon as the two women hung up their phones, Dongwook immediately flooded the room with questions. "Did you invite your supposed half-sister?"

"Yeah, I said she could bring her mother."

Dongwook's eyes popped out of their sockets before he scolded Denise. "Are you insane, woman? Why would you invite Kira's mother? Are you trying to start some drama? Do you even know her mother's name?"

"No, I'm not trying to elicit any drama, Dongwook. They're adults, so I believe they would be civilized enough to at least have sit at the same table and have dinner together. Then again, Kira's mother does try to make her look more European since she's mad about my dad dumping her."

"Are you serious? How is she going to favor one side of her daughter's heritage over the other? That's just acrimonious."

"I know! And as for that name, have you ever heard of a model named Diana Morris?"

"That lady is Kira's mother?! Wow, I feel so sorry for her. If only people knew about how she treats her daughter."

"Tell, me about it."

The betrothed couple sat down on their white leather couch with a uniformed sigh.

"Did I make the right decision?" Denise asked. "Invited those two to dinner at the place where I grew up, and I barely know them, I mean? What if something terrible happens, and it gets out of control? I know Kira needs to see our father because he wasn't present in much of her childhood, but still."

"Denise, don't worry so much about it. For all you know, they could get along swimmingly. If anything should happed, just remember that I'll be right here for you. Okay?" Dongwook planted a loving kiss on his fianceé's forehand before pulling her into a lingering, comforting embrace.

___________________________________________________________________________

And another chapter down. Thanks for reading!! ☺♥☺♥