Chapter 6

Caramel Macchiato

 

 

 

 

"Yoon Seung-ah..."

a whisper called my name in the dark. I gasped a bit, not able to speak out of my mind. 

 

What was that? 

Someone literally called my name. 

 

Slowly, a faint shadow, looking a lot like my father, came closer to me. I can't see anything. 

He whispers slightly, and softly, "Yoon Seung-ah... Wake up... Let's play a game....". 

He started to shoves his hand, when my vision becoming more blurry, and blurry. No, i don't want this to end really soon. I want to spend a moment with my dad, i want to forget everything my mom had done to me. 

 

Dad!!!  

I exclaimed in my mind, as my dad vanished from my thoughts, and visions. 

 

Suddenly, a little heart attack wake me up from my beautiful dreams. I gasped, and opened my eyes quickly. The heart attack felt like it wanted to exposed all of my internal organs, by pulling it out onto my skin. It really hurts, and... sounds disgustingly awful.

I panted, and widen my eyes, heavily breathing from shocking of the heart attack. I realised from the moment i woke up that i'm not in the same place as i passed out. I rub my forehead, peeled off the cold patch on it. I looked around for a while. There is a warm soup, on the table, beside my bed, and also my camera. I'm still wearing my tuesday uniform. This is not my house. 

Am i being kidnapped? 

 

Ok, where the hell am i? My mom is going to kill me if she didn't find me at home after midnight. 

I glanced at the window, stared at the sunshine closely. It's not in the evening anymore, it's... morning. I checked the clock, on the right wall. It's 7.00 a.m.

 

Which means my mom is going to kill me. 

 

I quickly stand up from the bed, grab my camera quickly, my figure skates, away with me. Before i could open the door, i heard a slight conversation behind it. Someone's in here. I think it's the owner of the house. 

I pull the door slowly, preventing from making noises. I watch closely to the other room from the door's gap. A tall man, with broad shoulders, standing in front of the window, sipping his coffee, talking on the phone. I spied on him, and listened to his conversation carefully. 

 

"Listen, I couldn't hang out with you all, i have to take care of someone!", He spoke to his phone, exclaimed a little. I think he's forced to hangout with his friends. Wait, did he said he was taking care of someone? Could it be me?

 

I moved around, and leaned on the door. I looked down for a moment, and think about what i heard last minute ago. 

 

Taking care of me?? Has he lost his mind? Are you kidding me?

Dude, a stranger wouldn't wanted to care of clearly new person, including myself, but why did he bothered to do that? 

 

I turned around, and bow down and peeked through the gap, one more time. 

Gladly, he's not there anymore. 

 

It's time to escape. 

 

I opened the door quickly, silently tip toeing until i made it to the front door, near the room i woke up. I peeked a little to the other room, and make sure that he ain't be right there watching my movement to escape, or i'd get laid. 

People, i got trust issues. 

 

I tried to open the door, but it won't open. It's locked. 

"Oh for heaven's sake!", i whisper to myself, as i pulled the door harder. But, it didn't make any difference. 

I need to get out of here, before the owner of this house finds out. I punched the door, but it still won't open.

 

I looked back, and now i saw the owner of this house, 5 meters away from the spot where i stand, stared at me with strange look on his face. He holds his hot coffee, on his right hand, and his phone in his left hand. 

 

We stared at each other, with our eys wide open, froze at each other. I almost had a heart attack, one more time, as i recognize his looks, and his face structure.

That's the caramel macchiato guy. The guy i met in the skating rink. 

 

I covered my mouth, and banging the door harder. No, it can't be the caramel macchiato guy. I have to get out of this overeacting imaginatons, before my mind went crazy. I glanced back at him, and now he's standing calmly, staring at myself banging at the door. 

He coughed, and walked towards me.

 

"Need a help? Good morning, anyways", He greets me calmly, as he put his phone on the table. I sighed, and took a breath in, relaxing myself. 

 

"Good morning, caramel macchiato", I replied, as i stopped banging on the door, and stand there quietly. I don't know how to react in this situation, everything is.. ed up. I turned around, facing the caramel macchiato guy, right in front of me. 

 

He tilted his head, and squinted his eyes. He giggled, then took a sip of his coffee.

"Is it because i gave you that kind of coffee, yesterday?", He leaned on the wall, crossing his arms. 

 

"I don't have any other reasons, so.. it would be a yes", i answered as i looked away from him , turning pink. 

He giggled softly, and took a few steps towards me. 

 

"Well, Seokjin then. You can call me jin, or whatever you want. Nice to meet you, Schindler's List", He introduced himself, and offer his hand. I raised my eyebrow, and smirked a little bit.

"Yoon Seung, then. Nice to meet you too, Jin", I took his hand, and introduced myself. 

 

I guess i'm just going to stay with him a little longer in here. 

 

He invited me, to sit with him for a while, and drink hot black coffee together. He told me he wanted to make friends with me, since he said that he was alone for two years, and has been desperate for finding friends. I could literally relate that with my life, right now. We chat together, talking about this, and that, and other things, without even caring how many times had passed. 

He's different from others. He seems to ignore my beautiful appereance, and directly seeks to people's personality. This kind of person is hard to find, and really rare to me. Everytime people approached me, they told me directly, that i'm beautiful, and pretty. But, the first thoughts he told me, is 

 

"You're a nice person. I wish we could get to know each other, and hang out more often"

 

Which the most unusual thing other people used to say to me.

 

I smiled, and took a sip of coffee, while enjoying spending time with him, in a bright morning,

As i slowly fell for him more harder than i thought.