Chapter 7

Caramel Macchiato

 

 

 

 

 

"Yoon-ah! Be careful, bye!", 

That's what the last thing i've heard from him a week ago. Dammit! i missed him already. Unfortunately, i didn't asked him his phone number, or where he lives. He was in a hurry, when he sent me home. But, basically, he lives in the seoul. 

 

I packed my bag, and clean my room, before i go to school. It's monday, which means if i met Christine I would tell her about the caramel macchiato incident. I can't wait to tell her the whole story. I walked outside of my room, and running down the stairs. It's still 6.00 a.m, and i have a lot of things to do as i'll arrive at my classroom.

Actually, i didn't tell her about the story from the beginning, because she didn't go to school for a very long time. I think she's very ill, and i need to see her. 

 

peeked into the kitchen, the place where my mom usually starts her daily activities as a housewife, and also a single parent. Washing dishes quitely, and with full concentrations in her head, through her facial expressions. Even though she's cold as ice now, i still love her no matter what. Even though she had abused me.

 

I shook my head, trying to forget about it for a second. I put on my sneakers, and went out from my house.

 

"Mom, i'm going now! Bye!", I jog down to the road, and put on my headphones, turning on the heavy metal song to the highest volume. It's cold outside, so i have to wear a scarf. 

 

Going to school in morning blind is actually an enjoyful thing for me. I could feel, and smell the scent of the morning breeze. It only took a few minutes to go to school by walking, so nothing spectacular happen on the street. 

 

I walked into the main door of the school, carrying my books. It's still empty at time like this. That means i have so many things to do alone, without anyone stalking on me, or even disturbing my peaceful morning. 

 

I went to the headmaster's room, took the telescope, and walked away. Time to stargaze, while the sky is still dark, but full of stars. 

 

I ran to the rooftop, and find a perfect place to enjoy my alone-time. I took a few steps onto the middle of the rooftop, setting my telescope.

 

About 5 minutes had passed with putting up the telescope, and now it's the time for stargazing. I took out my notebook, full of drawings, and sketches of the night sky. I also put my drawing pencil on my lap, as i sat down, and watch the sky full of stars, through the telescope.

 

"Let's see how far we could get", I spoke to myself, while holding the drawing pencil, and finding the right angle to sketch for the base layer. 

 

Before i could even start to watch the stars, and adoring the gleaming stars in the sky, I heard some steps, coming closer to me. I stand up, and facing to the position where the sound came from. 

 

Slowly, a figure that is not too tall, and not too short, coming out from the dark. The figure's body type seems to be a girl, since she's wearing a tight coat, covering all her body, from head to toe. She also put the hoodie on her head, hiding her face underneath the shadow. She stands quietly, below the sunshine, as the sun comes out. 

 

"Yoon Seung", She mentioned my name, with cold tone. Her voice is very familiar to me. I gasped, as i remember the person who had this voice.

 

"Christine?? What are you doing here? Where have you been? I'm so glad to see you-", before i could say the whole thing out off my heart, She pulled back her hoodie, and shows her scars, and burned wounds all around her forehead, and cheeks. She looked at me, with serious look across her face. 

 

"Christine, what happened?", I asked, and slowly walk towards her. 

 

She sighed, then starts to tell me everything.

 

"Yoon-ah, i've never tell you about this to people, including you, but um.. I sort of.. have an abusive older brother. He had been abusing me for 4 years from now, and um.. I decided to fled to my grandma's house. Well, at first, My brother didn't abuse me that brutally, but.. now he's taking it to a whole new level. He burned me in a bonfire, but i finally made it to escape from my brother, then umm.. I changed my identity", She explained the whole thing, clearly. 

 

I literally shocked from what she told me. She has never been this awful before. She was a happy, naughty, and wild girl that i used to know. She never told me anything about her whole family. Tears fell down my cheek, as i listened to what she said. 

 

"I know you love me so much, so i wanted you to do me a favor", She continued, and put her hands on my shoulders. 

 

"I want you to act like a stranger, not knowing about my existance at all, and.. if you want to know my name, then, it's Julianne Robert", she told me softly, as she disappeared in the dark, quickly. Before i could protest, she left me, all alone, shocked and unaware of what had happened. 

 

 

--------------- Time Skip ----------------

 

From what happened that morning, it was such a surprise for me. Everyone is asking me where Christine went, and i only lied to them that Christine had transferred into another school. I also told them, that i have no reasons to know that. 

 

Now, i'm alone, sadly drinking coffee, in the school cafeteria. 

 

The only person i loved the most had gone from my sight forever, from now. Just like my dad. I skipped th class again this morning. I don't feel like studying. I hold my head, as i thought about everything that had happened in my life.

 

Abusive mother

Dead Father

and now,

 

Losing my friend

 

Although, i still have Jin as a friend, but there is no way i could meet him again. I don't know all about him, we're just... strangers. 

 

How am i going to survive my life if such things happened to me all of sudden?

I sighed, as i took out a pair of scissor out of my school bag. This is sharp enough to cut my skin. 

 

Is this the only thing that would get me out of the depressions?

 

Is this the only choice i had to make myself happy?

I guess i should just.. find out by myself.