Chapter 5

Caramel Macchiato

 

 

 

 

 

I walked out from the skating rink, going home, i've decided to skip the classes today. I feel too miserable to attend school today. Imagining a lot of couples being a lovey dovey in front of me, everytime the teacher explains. Ugh. Am i just jealous or something?

Hey, i can't handle the loneliness of not having a boyfriend, while actually there's a tons of love birds hanging around, almost could be seen in every streets.

 

And, here i am, walking outside alone, feeling desperate for searching a date. I mean, figure skating also heals me from the loneliness, but it only last a while. 

 

Why do i have to survive valentine's day alone in every ing year???

I would probably just google on how to survive valentine's day, without even crying for tv shows. Hashtag, life of a fangirl. 

 

I could feel the depression coming slowly as i think about that more serious. I hate valentine's day, seriously. It's a commercial holiday, i mean,

 

IT ONLY LASTS FOR A DAY. 

 

I'm almost a few steps from my house, when suddenly someone catches my eyes. I squinted my eyes to see who it is. I gasped lightly, and cover my mouth with my hands.

I opened my eyes a little bit wider, shocked from what i just saw. I hold the coffee cup tightly. My body is shaking lightly, as i stare at the person who is walking near my house. 

 

That's the Caramel Macchiato guy. Oh god, i'm not ready for this. What is he doing near my house?? What if he's my mother's new boyfriend? God dammit. I shouldn't fell for him for the first sight. 

Wait, that means the Caramel Macchiato guy is going to be my stepfather. NO.

I don't want to fell in love for my aspirant dad. I should stop him for falling in love with my mother. But, how?

I quickly hide in the crowd, and started to spy on him for the last 5 minutes. 

 

"Caramel Macchiato, i'm sure one day you'll know me, you'll fell for me, and you gon' be my husbando", I spoke to myself, as i slowly took a camera out from my back, and starts to take a few photo of him. It seems like people didn't notice that i took a few photos of him. Or, people would told him later, after i leave this place. 

 

After realizing that i'm actually a creeper, and i don't want to ruin my 'beautiful kindhearted princess' image in public, 

I chose to ran away as quickly as possible. I don't want to get caught by someone else, or even the Caramel Macchiato guy. 

 

I ran through the crowd quickly, and finally stopped in front of a grocery store. 

I panted i as i starts to see a few photos of him, that i took from the distance. I swear, i would never do this again in my whole life from now. I don't like being a creeper. 

 

I looked at the picture one by one. 

First one... It's blurry dammit! Well, how about the second one.... He's backing the camera, i couldn't see him clearly, Third one, please be the right one... Oh look- wait,

That's not him. That's not the Caramel Macchiato guy. 

 

I internally screams, as i realized that i creeped on the wrong person. I feel hopeless now. I walked slowly, unsatisfied, looking down as the depression starts to do things on me. I think i should just drink this coffee before it gets colder. I mean, coffee is relaxing, and it's a beautiful winter tonight. I took a little sip, and enjoy the beautiful scent of caramel macchiato. I wonder if the guy's personality is like caramel macchiato, the coffee he ordered. 

My dad used to said to me, that a person's personality could be read by what kind of coffee he/she ordered. That sounds ridiculous, but i think it's interesting, because a lot of people sometimes ordered the same coffee, or a coffee he, or she usually drinks. 

and that's a common thing. 

 

I stroll around the streets, as the sun goes down, turning the day to the evening. Unfortunately, this month is winter's season, and i didn't bring my jacket. It's turning cold slowly, although i still have my hot coffee. Musing through the crowd on the street. 

I looked to the street once more, and the view is not the usual place i took for a stroll around. I don't even know where this is, even though i'm still in Korea, at least. But, how the hell am i going to go back home? 

I'm lost, and it's a big deal for me. 

 

I could possibly imagining myself, laying on the bench like homeless person, freezing to death. I obviously don't want that to happen to me. Ok, sleeping on the bench like a homeless person ain't a big deal for me, but freezing to death? Dude, seriously? Are you even asking me whether it's a big deal for me or not?

I looked around, confused with my surroundings. I've never seen this street before. I think it's just me, that i rarely came out from my comfort zone, and now i'm shocked with my own environment. Well, i should've do something more, and ignore my depression. But, it bothers me all the time, and it won't make any difference.

 

 

I took a quick glance at the street, and now it's empty, leaving me alone, lost, and worried. My heart pounds really fast, thati realized it's 7 in the evening. There's absolutely no one in here. I cringe, as the cold wind hit my face. How am i going to survive the cold here? It's like 0 degrees in here.

My body is shaking really hard, and i couldn't stand the cold anymore. I kept walking, and walking, fighting the cold breeze that hits my body like a tons of knifes. I kept holding the hot coffee, the only thing that is warmer than my heart, tightly in my hand.

 

After walking in the cold evening, i saw a slightly faint tall figure in the distance. It looks like a person. I gotta go find some help. 

I tried to walk quickly, but it feels like my foot are too swollen to do that. Ok, ok, you have to fight to get what you want. 

 

I took a few steps as quickly as possible.

"Yoon seung-ah... Just a bit closer"

 

and again.

"Come on!! Just a few steps towards him! You can do it!!", i exclaimed in my mind, as the figure starts to look more clearly.

 

Just.. closer... come on...

 

Suddenly, my body became very weak, could hardly have the energy. I trembly lift my arms towards the the figure, as if i was trying to reach it. I walked quickly, as my energy became very low. 

 

I stumbled on the street, hitting the tall figure. He gasped, and helped me standing up. My visions became blurry, and i out.

Unfortunately, i already passed out before i could say anything else to him.