Four

Perks of Being a Nerd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hoseok pov:

It’s been a week since I introduced myself to Minah and she has probably forgotten me already... She and Hyorin must have gone back to how they were before and I didn’t have the chance to talk to her except for that one time we have class together. But somehow I feel nervous talking to her again, because I’m just some random dude that talked to her once while she was having a bad day. How do I even start talking to her again? Hi I was the one that sat next to you during lunch one time, the one you left alone when de bell rang. You remember? You didn’t even say goodbye.. That’s not what I should do. I really want to talk to her again but I just don’t know when and where.

I was walking through the hallways, I was listening to music and a little bit lost in my own world, daydreaming of all sorts of things when I suddenly bumped into someone.. The girl was sitting on the floor and her long hair was covering her face. ‘’Oh mian, I didn’t see you!’’ I said and held down a hand to help her. She looked up at me and glared. Oh great it’s Hyorin, she was wearing her soccer shoes and black shorts so she is probably on her way to the training. She pushed my hand away and got up herself. She grabbed her bag and walked away. She must be on her period or something.. I walked further until I stood in front of Minah. She was putting her books into her locker and didn’t pay attention so she didn’t saw me coming. This is my chance, take it or go away Hoseok!! I thought to myself and walked towards her. ‘’Hi, long time no talk’’ I said and tried to smile. She looked at me with a confused look, trying to remember who I was. When she finally did she smiled at me. ‘’Ah, I don’t remember your name. Bench guy right?’’ She said and I was happy that she at least remembered that we sat together at that bench. I nodded and so did she. It was awkward to stand there, not knowing what to walk about and she didn’t look that relaxed either. ‘’So.. How have you been? Still having a ‘bad life’?’ I asked and her smile faded. ‘’No, I- just forget that I said that I can be such a drama queen’’ She closed the locker and turned around to look at me directly. My god she was so pretty I felt like I could faint any minute. ‘’sorry but is there anything else you want to say? Because I’m late for class..’’ she asked me kindly and smiled. I don’t get it. I don’t get why people are mean to her. ‘’Ehm, i..do you.. Can I have your phone number?’’ I asked. Well done Hoseok, you sounded like a loser.. I mentally face palmed myself. ‘’Eh, yeah. Sure I guess why not. Hand me your phone I’ll type it in for you’’ So I did, shy typed her name and her number and saved it for me. ‘’Here you go’’ she beamed a friendly smile and walked away. My heart was racing and I was so happy, I have to tell Jimin about this!

[later that day]

I was at Jimins house,  playing some video games. He was sitting on the floor in front of his bed while I was sitting on his bed. ‘’So tell me about that chick’’ he said while focusing on the big tv screen. I told him that I asked a girls number and he was now being curious about it. ‘’You know her though, almost everyone knows her’’ I said, trying to make it more interesting. ‘’So she’s popular!? Well done Hoseok, well done. That’s great, is it that Suzy girl from dance class?’’ he asked and I shook my head. ‘’Nah man, she isn’t my type. Her name is Minah’’ I said and he didn’t answer he paused the game and turned around. ‘’Minah? The princess Minah?’’ he asked not believing what I just told him. I nodded and he closed his eyes, grabbing his hair in annoyance. ‘’Why Hoseok?!’’ he sighed and I didn’t get what his problem was. Jimin is a nice guy, like really nice. He would never bully someone, and I never heard him say something mean so it was weird to see him like that. ‘’What do you mean ‘why’ I like her. She is nice and not like all the other girls. And you have to admit, she is pretty..’’ I said. He smirked ‘’so you just want to have a little bit of fun with her? Is it that?’’ he said and I looked at him with disgust. ‘’Jimin, I’m being serious. I like her, have you ever talked to he?’’ He shook his head. ‘’Maybe you should, see for yourself. She is pretty, nice and smart. If everybody would stop looking at her as a toy or a and actually start a conversation they would know that she is more than all the ty things that are being said about her..’’ Jimin didn’t say anything, then suddenly. ‘’She is Hyorins friend right? Hyorins in my soccer team, maybe I’ll talk to them once. But seriously Hoseok, of all those girls you choose the princess’’ he shook his head and we continued the game. Jimin, just you wait.

Jimins pov:

The next day at soccer training I saw that Hyorin was late. She had to run 4 rounds around the field and I decided that I’ll just run with her so I can get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter