5 - Maid

A curse of three lifetimes

 

A/N:This is in the Joseon Period :3 I'm not going to make everything the same for the flashbacks but the storyline will be somewhat the same. So yeah this is a spoiler but read it so that you can better understand it : Jaebum helped Daeun in the present so he'll help her in the past too but in a different way

 

 

I strolled along the garden.It had a huge lake. Leaves and petals slowly dropped from above;it was like a rain of nature.It was extremely quiet. The wind brushed against my cheeks gently. The weather was lovely. It was sunny but not too hot and had a gentle breeze. I closed my eyes as I heard the sounds of nature:birds chirping and leaves rustling.

 

“Song Daeun!”someone screamed my name from behind,snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned around immediately.

 

“You brat!”the head maid of the palace scolded as she hit my head, “trying to slack again? Get back to work!”

 

 

She shoved a bucket of clothes in my hands and stomped off. The head maid was like a mother to me even though she is strict. It's just that when things are getting bus,she becomes frustrated. What makes me connect more to her is because she has the same surname and a similar name to mine:Song Dahee. To be honest,I feel that I'm really lucky,even my 'mother' says so.I wasn't assigned to any royalty in the palace,therefore I'm just a maid in the chores department,which kept me a distance away from the cruelty of the palace.Of course,being a maid has it's dangers no matter where you are assigned to but it's just that I'm not as much danger as the rest.

 

I sighed and started walking to the well to fetch water. Even though,I wasn't in as much danger as the rest,I had a tougher job.

 

I lowered the bucket into the well and it soon was filled with water.

 

“omo!”I gasped,realising how heavy the water was,struugling to keep my balance.

 

“EEP!”I screamed as I lost my footing,plunging into the ground,closing my eyes,hoping it won't hurt much.

 

Eh?Why don't I feel any pain?OMONA!Am I in heaven??

 

I opened my eyes slowly,only to find another pair of eyes staring back at me.It was beautiful.I traced down to his nose and lips. A guy had caught me in time. The bucket of water had spilled too.

 

“Gwenchana?”he asked,worriedly.

 

I stared at his clothings,it was made of fine material and it's embroidery on it was exquisite.He wasn't just any person but a royalty!

 

“Omona! I'm sorry for not recognising you earlier,prince-”I stopped. What was his name???

 

“Jaebum,”he continued my sentence.

 

“Prince Jaebum,please don't kill me!”I cried,praying fervently in my mind.

 

 

“It's okay,”he said,smiling at me. I was going to thank him once more when the head maid called from behind.

 

“Omo! Good morning,Crown Prince!”she greeted,bowing at 90 degrees. CROWN PRINCE???

 

“I'm sorry.This girl must have been disturbing you! Please excuse us,”the head maid apologised and dragged me away before he could say anything in return.

 

“Are you crazy?I asked you to do the washing and you disturbed the Crown Prince? If I hadn't dragged you here,you would be dead!”the head maid scolded and continued babbling on. It wasn't that serious.I mean firstly,yes,it IS shocking that he's the crown prince but he said it was fine.

 

I looked back. Prince Jaebum..............