Why Now?

Free Me From These Chains

You felt the guy behind you bringing his head closer to yours.

 

He then whispered in your ear.

 

"                        ," he paused. "I'm back...."

 

Your heart stopped, leaving you breathless, as if the air around you was something that you couldn't breath; like water, and the feeling of drowning in it. You turned around in a single swift movement. Your eyes met his deep dark eyes that gazed deep down into your soul. There was a smirk plastered on his face. And you weren't gonna lie; it made you want to swoon.

 

"Why so serious?," Junhyung asked playfully.

"Wh-what.... y-you.... why?," you jumbled your words, beginning to feel hot tears stream down your face. 

"Don't cry, my love. It hurts me when I see you hurting."  He hugged you even tighter, in his warm heavenly embrace. 

"D-do you n-not remember wh-what you did twelve years ago?" 

A confused expression crossed his face. 

"What exactly happened twelve years ago?, " he asked cluelessly. 

Your heart sunk at the thought that he actually doesn't remember, or didn't care to apologize or explain. Was his memory really bad, or was he just really cold? As these thoughts thrashed around in your head, you couldn't take it any more.

As you always have and always will follow your instincts, swung your hand at his face. You swung a hand with all you had left in you after those twelve years of patience, waiting for him. The impact left his cheek red and swollen. And when you saw his face, he looked like he was gonna have a mental breakdown

 

"You bastard!," you shouted. "I've been waiting all these years for my questions to be answered. So answer them now, oppa."

He nodded, much too bewildered to speak.

"Why'd you leave? Did I have any part in making you leave? What did I do wrong? When did you come back? Why didn't you call me and handle this properly? And why don't you recall anything? Are you that stupid? Or are you just being a shameless, unapologetic, heartless guy who's full of himself?"  You were a breathless, crying mess by the time you spat out the last question.

"I-I...."  He couldn't seem to find the words. He looked down at the floor while held a hand to his cheek, caressing the area gently. 

"And what's with the rumor about you getting into an accident?," you asked hastily between sobs.

"Because I did get into an accident." 

" What happened, and why didn't you contact me?"

"At first, I couldn't recall your name when the doctors asked for a contact to come and visit me." 

"What happened to you?"

"After I got here, I set out to find you, since I had a vague memory of where you lived, since I used to visit you so often. I kept walking along  trying to find your house, come to find that the sun was already about to set. I had to find you that day. So I ran, trying to find you as soon as I could. But in my attempt to do so, a car came out of the driveway. I was able to react and tried to jump over it, in which I did. But on the way down, landing, I hit my head on the pavement. I out after that. And when I woke up, I was in a hospital, clueless of how I got there. And come to find out, my head injuries weren't life-threatening, but I'd lost chunks of my memory. So all of the questions that you'd shouted at me are a total mystery."

"Will you ever get your memory back?," you asked. 

"They said it will take some time, but it should come back."

"Until then...."

You turned to leave, but felt a strong forceful hand hold you back by your shoulder.

"You can't leave me like this," he whispered. "It's not fair, to both you and me. Look, I'm sorry for anything I did that hurt you, in which I have no memory of. If or when I get those memories back, I'll make it a priority to answer your questions. But until then, please don't leave me."  Then without warning, he swooped in and pressed his lips upon yours.

You hated this feeling; to be so vulnerable, as if you belonged to him. But at the same time, that feeling of ownership made you feel reassured that you'd be safe. So you gave in and didn't fight the moment. And you didn't want to admit it, but this made you forget a bit about the incident.

He pulled away after a very long time, leaving the two of you gasping for air.

That was odd, you thought to yourself. He'd kissed you as if one of you were to soon perish. Did he have something to lose? 

"I may not be completely in tact when it comes to my memory, but I still love you. That's something I absolutely haven't forgotten."

Those four words: I still love you..... it left you in enchantment. You were lovestruck. 

But could you break it to him that he and Kikwang both felt the same way about you? It's for his own good, you thought, returning that same line he'd said to you back then when he'd left.

"Junhyung," you started cautiously. "Someone has already confessed to me...."

"Who?," he practically whispered, sounding like it was going to turn into a death threat.

"You should remember. The group BEAST that you were a part of before?"

"Which one of them?"

"Lee Kikwang....."

A deadly silence filled the room, sending a fatal shiver down your spine.

"H-have I been gone for that long?," he asked, his voice straining, sounding as if his voice wasn't doing as it should.

"Twelve years. That gave everybody else a head start...."

"What did you do when he confessed?," he asked solemnly.

"I said.... that I was waiting for someone else..... and if that person didn't show up, then I'd go to him....."  You felt the crimson warmth creep up to your cheeks. "Here you are...."

"You were waiting for me?"

"Yeah, I was..... for all twelve years.... What am I gonna tell Kikwang?"

"Wait, so are we..... you know..... a thing?"

"Stop being so mysterious and say it directly!," you said in frustration.

"Are we together now?"

"I-I don't kn-" Before you could finish, he had put his lips forcefully on yours, muffling the last part of your sentence. This was more needy than the last one. No mercy here; simply lust.

He pulled away, breathing heavily. That feeling of need was obvious just in the way that he was looking at you.

"I need you,                       ," he said while panting. "I can't be alone, without you. I know I've hurt you in the past. I don't exactly know how, but I promise I'll make things right. Please, just give me another chance. I love you...."

He said 'I love you' twice in this entire coversation, you thought. But did he really mean it?

"                        ," Junhyung said, making your name sound velvety smooth in his deep voice. It seemed like a cross between speaking and singing. "If you feel as if I ever screw up, that's when you should feel free to run to Kikwang. But until I screw up, please stick with me."

You gave a nod in defeat to his words.

What do you expect from the poetic, linguistic, dreamy - WAIT- ....... what am I thinking?

Junhyung then cupped your face in his hands delicately, treating it like something fragile and precious. This seems too familiar. I cupped his face in my dream.... He slowly inched his face closer and closer to yours, until you could feel your hearts pound in unison.

"I miss this," he simply whispered.

"M-miss what?," you whispered in reply, only because your voice wouldn't come out so easily.

"The lack of space between us. I remember when we were in our early days of high school..... what lovely moments we had....."

You didn't have anything to reply to that.

Then, as you always did, followed your instinct. In this case, it was to lean forward a fraction of an inch, and you closed the space between the two of you.

A small moan accidently left your lips, and you could feel his lips form into a smirk.

 

 

And then you heard the doors open....

 

 

Both you and Junhyung pulled away immediately.

At the door was Doojoon, Yoseob, Kikwang, Dongwoon and Hyunseung.

Doojoon dropped his cup of blood-shot Americano. His jaw was dropped in total shock, while Yoseob cupped his own cheeks with both hands, sighing with his lips in the shape of an 'o'. Dongwoon put his fingers up to his temples and once again massaged the area for at least the tenth time that day. Hyunseung just sat there wiggling his eyebrows at the two of you.

As for Kikwang, he dropped his books and studyguides on the ground. He was utterly speechless and shocked.

You stood up right away.

"Kikwang, this isn't what you think-"  He then cut you off.

"I know what this is, and that's fine," he said, clenching his fists into a tight grip that made his knuckles go white.

"Kikwang, let me explain," you pleaded.

"No,                           . There's nothing to explain. This is self-explanitory."

With that, Kikwang tackled the door open and stormed out of the room.

"Kikwang wait!," you shouted, too late since the door had already shut behind him.

"I think he deserves an explanation from me," said Junhyung with sincerity.

"You go do that," you muttered, sending him to go after Kikwang.

Junhyung hopped out of his seat and ran out the door.

 

 

As for the rest of you.....

 

 

A thick, uncomfortable silence filled the room.

"                         ," started Dongwoon. "I think that this course benchmark in your psychology class about love and attraction has really gotten to you...."

"Of course it has," agreed Hyunseung. "Did you see that intimate action?"

"Don't get too excited," Yoseob said with a wide grin. 

"Oh my," sighed Doojoon. "                       , we were worried about you, since you didn't show up. So Kikwang had the brilliant idea to come and check up on you. And it just so happens that you were making out with another guy. Now Kikwang is upset, and we question you as to what'd happened while we were waiting, worried about you." 

"I was packing up, looking through my journal and the letter, then he just came up behind me. His voice and his words just led to this," you explained. "That thing about the accident; it was true. He had head injuries and lost bits and pieces of his memory. And, I was just weak. I'm sorry, Doojoon oppa, and the rest of you as well. I've waited twelve years just to even see or hear him in person. And it came true. I was just extremely vulnerable to the moment, since I'd been waiting for him for so long."

"Well," started Yoseob. "You got Junhyung back, but what to do about Kikwang?"

"We'll figure something out," said Dongwoon reassuringly.

 

 

Junhyung and Kikwang

"Kikwang!," called Junhyung. "Wait up! Come on! Can't we just talk this through like civil people?!" 

Kikwang kept walking.

"Kikwang, I know that you love her, okay? I'm sorry if seeing that hurt you! Can't you talk to me? We were like brothers."

Kikwang came to a complete stop. He slowly turned to Junhyung. His face displayed a death glare. 

"You wanna know why I'm like this?," he asked in a whisper that could be heard very well. "I'm not upset because you were kissing her or for the fact that you seduced her. It's because of what happened twelve years ago."

"That's the thing, AJ..... I don't remember anything. That whole thing about me getting into an accident is no joke. I was hit by a car, well, not hit but almost hit. But I jumped over the hood and landed on my head. My head injuries weren't extreme, but I lost bits of my memory."

"Well, you broke her heart. I don't mean that she just cried about it. She would hallucinate, almost commit suicide, and had gone crazy for a while. And since you were gone, the five of us had to get her out of those dark phases."

"She....almost killed herself?"

"Several times, in different ways.... I'd rather not list the ways."

"What did I do twelve years ago that was so bad?"

"You two were in love, in your high school days. You two were perfect together. She loved you so much. And then you got a call from someone who was pranking you, but you believed it. As a joke, they said that if you didn't leave the school, they'd hurt                              . You took that seriously and left. You thought it was for her safety, which was nice. But what pissed all of us off and broke her heart was the way you broke up with her:

 

 

Twelve Years Ago:

"Oppa!," you called out to Junhyung. "Let's go get some coffee, or tea!"

"No, can't," he replied bluntly.

"Why?," you asked in confusion. He seemed so moody and upset.

"Just cause I can't...."

"Are you okay? Are you mad or upset?"

"Just leave me be, okay?!," he shouted at you.

The sudden shock struck you in the heart.

"O-oppa.... did I do something wrong?"

"No, so just drop it!"

"Then why are you yelling at me?," you asked in a loud whisper, feeling shaky inside, as if you were going to cry soon.

"I.... I have to leave...."

"But you promised to help me with my music class studies....."

"You can do it yourself.... You don't need me....."

"Why are you being like this?"

"Being like what?"

"Like this!"

"I have to leave,               ..... forever."

"What in the world are you talking about?!"

"I'm leaving, never coming back...."

You couldn't help but to let the tears out. You couldn't hold it back anymore.

"Oppa, why do you have to leave?!," you asked hysterically, tears streaming helplessly down your face, along with the little droplets of water that fell from the dark skies. The rain was pouring with no signs of stopping, soaking the two of you.

"I just do," Junhyung replied bluntly, avoiding eye contact. His wet hair was plastered on his forehead, barely leaving his deep eyes exposed. 

"P-please, don't go! I...I love you!," you cried, hoping that the word 'love' meant something to him, and hoping for even a single minute more to be with him.

"I love you, too.... but I have no other choice. It's for your own good...."   His usual tender smile replaced by a blank lifeless expression. "I have to go now."  He kissed your wet cheek gently, and walked away along the wet pavement, his silhouette getting smaller with every step he took.

And then he was gone.....

 


 

"I did that?," Junhyung asked in disbelief.

"Yes, you did," replied Kikwang simply. 

"I-I.... I'm an idiot. I admit it. I never should have hurt her like that."

"You think?," Kikwang spat sarcastically.

Junhyung rolled his eyes hastily.

"Let's go back," suggested Junhyung. "They're probably waiting for us."

"Yeah. But answer me this; how was it to kiss her?"

"It felt....rejuvenating....."

"How nice," Kikwang blurted with a pout.

"How long have you had to win her over?"

"Ever since you left, so twelve years."

"And you have never kissed her?," Junhyung said in surprise.

"Yeah, yeah I know; it takes me twelve years and counting, while it takes you five minutes. How did you do it?"

"I just did it, without warning. But I guess the factor of surprise is what made her give in without a fight."

"I must be pretty damn bad for the fact that we've never pressed lips together ever before.... Anyways, Junhyung, if you ever hurt her, I will kick your ."

"Yeah, yeah. I wouldn't do anything like that."

Kikwang rose his eyebrows.

"Forget that stuff," shook off Junhyung. "Let's go."

 

 


 

 

Back With Everybody:

"Kikwang!," you called with a sigh of relief. You ran up to him and wrapped your arms tightly around him. 

"It's fine. I'll just act like I never saw anything...."  Kikwang pulled out from the embrace of your arms. "I'm starving. Let's go eat."

"C-can I join you guys?," asked Junhyung hesitantly.

You gave Kikwang and the others a longing/pleading look.

And of course, they can't say 'no' to the look on your face, so they all nodded.

"Thanks," uttered Junhyung, surprised that they actually said 'yes'.

"Doojoon," you called for him. 

"Yo," he replied awkwardly. 

"Can you take the others to eat already? I have to talk to Junhyung about a few personal things."

"Do any of the personal things include making out with him, or Kikwang walking out?," he asked half seriously, half jokingly.

"No, no. Please, Doojoon oppa?"  You gave him your best smile and batted your eyelashes.

"Okay..."

He beckoned for the other four to follow him, and they did so, but not without staring at Junhyung and at me.

"Junhyung," you started tenderly. "I don't want to focus on the past, especially since you don't even remember much of it. I just want to make things right from now. But don't think that you can play me. If you screw up or hurt me, I will run to Kikwang to replace you."

"That was a harsh threat...."

"I'm serious. Kikwang hasn't messed up ever since we met, and that's a hell of a long time."

"                 , what would my reward be for being good and obeying you?," he as asked you with a y smirk on his face, as it seemed that he was thinking of many intimate things.

"Wh-what are you talking about?," you asked with a scoff.

"If I screw up, you get Kikwang. What do I get if I don't?"

"Do you just want me for ?!"

"No, no, no. It would be an additional portion on the side from your actual love and affection."

"I-I.... I don't know how to answer you."

"Like this."

He crashed his lips upon yours forcefully, feeling his tongue poke at your lips and caressing for entrance. You were flustered, and parted your lips, granting him entance. He explored inside, as you began to lose yourself.

He finally pulled away, the both of you panting.

But he wasn't just done yet. He quickly swooped in and put his lips on your neck; your weak and vulnerable spot. He and bit, as you just moaned and wriggled underneath his hold. He pulled away, a look of satisfaction on his face. He was admiring the hickey he'd just created on your neck.

He chuckled.

"What's so funny?," you asked, still breathing heavily.

"I don't remember you being so sensitive. So easy to seduce. But I like it. As long as it's only with me."

"When you wait for something and wish for it for such a long time, and you finally get it, a sense of euphoria possesses you. That heavenly satisfaction."

"I'm glad you're satisfied," he whispered seductively.

"Once you win me over and do what you want to me, are you going to leave me?," you asked honestly.

"Do you think of me as that bad of a person?"

"N-no.... Just thought I'd ask."

"And Kikwang told me what I'd done back then. What I did that made, or even makes you resent me. Then, and possibly now. I just wanted to let you know that I'm sorry. What I did was unforgivable. But please don't put a permanent lable on me. If you have that mercy, or place in your heart for you to forgive me, just know that I'd be very thankful and will do everything in my power to satisfy you and make you happy, without any screw-ups."

"I.... I can't stay mad at you...."  You had to admit, his sincere words and look of extreme guilt on his face was something that you just had to forgive. "I must be honest, I've been waiting for you for a long time, at times believing that you'd never return. I hated you for leaving me, but love you for coming back. And now, my heart and mind is at ease. I....."  You suddenly couldn't finish your statement.

"May I say one more thing?," Junhyung asked respectfully. "A very important thing that you absolutely have to know?"  

You were scared to know what it was.... Did he change his mind? Did something happen? Does he want to give me up? 

"Wh-what is it?"

"I love you."

"I-I.... I love you, too."

 

Wait till Kikwang hears about this, you thought to yourself, feeling awfully guilty. Kikwang has helped me to heal after this idiot left me. Should I have just blurted out those fatal words; 'I love you'?

 

Junhyung, for the last time, pressed his lips on yours, much gentlier this time.

"Let's go, my love..."

You gave a small nod, too confused to speak at the moment.

 

 


 

 

All you knew was that whatever your choice was, someone was bound to get hurt; whether it was you, Kikwang, or Junhyung. Not everybody was gonna end up with a 'Happily-Ever-After'.....

 

 


 

 

A/N ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hello!!! ^ㅡ^  This chapter may have been a bit long and confusing. Sorry about that!!!!!  *~*  I'm just so magnetized to writing this and working on it as often as possible. I hope you've enjoyed what you read so far! And I hope that you'll continue to read and enjoy. Please comment, subscribe, and upvote!!! <3   Thank you for reading! Until the next chapters, I bid you a farewell. Bye!!!

-exo_xo_hunhan