Chapter 2

A Night Out On The Town

Hoseok's idea of fun didn't really suit Seokjin. Often including copious amounts of drinking and food, Seokjin felt that hanging out with Hoseok was actually damaging to his health. Tonight was no exception as he was pulled against his will to the nearest bar.

 

Hoseok navigated his way through the cramped room with Seokjin in tow. He settled with a small booth and pushed Seokjin down on one side, seating himself on the other. Hoseok rested his elbows on the table, entwining his fingers together and using them to support his chin. He smiled at Seokjin, who simply glowered back in return.

 

Come on Jinnie... Get that sour look off of your face. It makes you look ugly.” Hoseok said as he waved a waitress over to get them some drinks. “Why can't you just let loose? You're so boring... No wonder you can't get laid.” He snickered at the last part. Seokjin ignored the comment and turned away.

 

Whatever... Let's do whatever you had in mind so I can go home.” He said as the waitress returned with the drinks. She set them down on the table and turned to face Seokjin, she giggled a bit and winked at him. Seokjin acknowledged her with a curt nod and engrossed himself with his beer. Seokjin had to admit she was attractive, and it was rare for a girl to approach him so openly, but he had decided that anyone who has anything to do with a bar wasn't his type. Realizing she was being ignored, she pouted slightly and walked away with an obvious swish in her hips. Of course these actions did not go unnoticed by Hoseok.

 

Oh hot damn! Did you see that? She totally looks like she's into you. Why don't you go get her number?! Come on, I got your back.” Hoseok began to get out of his seat but Seokjin's glare put him back in his place.

 

No Hoseok... Sit down.” He said in a monotone voice. Seokjin sipped on his drink with an annoyed expression plastered on his face. Hoseok suddenly found the table to be rather interesting as he studied its marks and cracks, anything to avoid Seokjin's irritation. He filled his cheeks with air and slowly exhaled. With a bit of courage, he turned back to face Seokjin with a small smile.

 

Ah okay... Enjoy your drink, the rest are on me. My treat.” Seokjin nodded and finished his beer. He only planned on having the one, but he figured he would be staying at the bar for a while until Hoseok had his fill.

 

Hours passed, during which Hoseok had become intoxicated beyond the threshold of Seokjin's toleration. Hoseok was babbling nonsense at the top of his lungs and disturbing the rest of the bar's late night patrons. He cringed at an exceptionally embarrassing moment where Hoseok ripped off his shirt and began dancing to various girl group songs in front of the bartender.

 

 

Shortly after, Hoseok miraculously found his way back to their table, where he laid down and fell asleep. Seokjin watched him twitch and snore, shaking his head slowly in scorn. Seokjin got up from his seat and hoisted Hoseok up onto his back. It was definitely time to go home.

 

Seokjin's breathing was laboured as he trekked down the sidewalk with Hoseok asleep on his back. The night was rather chilly and he was starting to get cold with only a small overcoat on. The only thing that kept him warm was Hoseok's body pressing down on his. He was almost thankful for Hoseok's drunken stupor, because he would have made fun of Seokjin for needing bodily contact otherwise. He arrived at his apartment building, trying to open the front door without dropping Hoseok onto the cement stairs. He finally opened the door, crossed the threshold, and laboured up the stairs.

 

Seokjin dumped Hoseok onto the couch in his living room. He gasped and sputtered, physically exhausted from the endeavour. He wiped the sweat from his brow, and straightened his posture. Seokjin headed to the bathroom to clean up before bed. He splashed water on his face and looked at himself in the mirror. He sighed and gently ran his fingertips over the dark circles under his eyes. The lack of sleep he had been getting lately had been making him look increasingly pale and sickly.

 

Fans often saw him as the member who is most confident in their looks. But in all honesty he was very self-conscious. He always tried to look his best because he was afraid of anyone seeing him otherwise. His confidence was a ruse to hide his inner paranoia and insecurity. The constant stress of the music industry was wearing on him, and he often found it harder and harder to look fresh and youthful.

 

Seokjin looked away from the mirror, mildly displeased with his complexion. He went back into his room and changed into his night-clothes. He laid back on his bed and stared up at the ceiling. He studied the marks in the white paint. The longer he stared, the more his eyes coupled with the shadows of the dark room, causing the spots to swim around on the surface above him. Slightly unnerved, he turned over and closed his eyes. He could hear Hoseok in the other room grumbling and in his sleep. Strangely soothed by the noise, Seokjin drifted off to sleep too himself.

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                         

Sort of short mid-chapter XD Going to try to make the next one fluffy and lovely~~ XD