A Night Out On The Town - Chapter 1

A Night Out On The Town

Seokjin's phone exploded into the melody of the Mario theme song. He picked it up and glanced at the screen, the vibrations of the device shaking his hand unpleasantly. Hoseok's name and face were displayed, along with the time, which was much later than Seokjin wanted to receive a call. He wordlessly answered the phone. Hoseok's voice rang cheerily from the other end.

 

Hey buddy~! We should go out tonight!”

 

I'm not sure... It's been a long day. I'm tired.” Seokjin replied. He hadn't lied. He found the constant grind of schedules and practicing to be absolutely draining. The last thing he needed was to be caught in some shady club drinking his stresses away with an overly enthusiastic Hoseok. Despite Seokjin's decline, Hoseok continued to pester him.

 

Oh come on, it's no fun to go alone... You know what, never mind, I'll just go by myself.” Seokjin could hear Hoseok's crestfallen tone. He sighed and thought back to the last time Hoseok went traipsing off on his own. He remembered it involved one too many drinks, and their manager dragging him back to the dorm by aggressively yanking on his ear. Something about 'public streaking with escaped goats from the local petting zoo'.

 

Seokjin adopted an increasingly pained expression as he contemplated the consequences of letting Hoseok go alone. On one hand, he wanted to enjoy the short amount of time he would have to himself with their break from their regular schedules. On the other hand, he didn't want Hoseok causing trouble without supervision. He decided the cons far outweighed the pros, and stopped Hoseok from hanging up on him by agreeing to go along with whatever he had in mind.

 

Great! That saves me a trip back home.” Hoseok burst into Seokjin's apartment and kicked off his shoes, proceeding to make himself at home. He raided Seokjin's fridge, removing the leftover takeout and settling onto the couch. Seokjin shifted into a standing position, his mouth hanging open in disbelief. His cellphone was still pressed against his face as he stared down at Hoseok.

 

You were already here?!” Seokjin immediately regretted the decision he made to tell Hoseok where the spare key to his apartment was.

 

Uh-huh.” Hoseok garbled through a mouth-full of food.

 

Unbelievable...” Seokjin groaned as he sank back down into his seat. Hoseok continued to stuff his face as Seokjin sat in silence. Hoseok quickly finished the food, tossing the container aside with only a fleeting thought of concern for where it landed. Seokjin's gaze followed its parabolic path through the air. He continued to stare at the white packaging after it landed, his eye twitching slightly in barely concealed irritation. Hoseok sat back and eyed Seokjin from head to toe, curling his lip in disgust as he saw what the other was wearing.

 

I hope you aren't planning to wear those rags out in public.” He grumbled as he headed off to Seokjin's room. Seokjin hurried after him, fuming with anger at his comment.

 

Well excuse me, but I didn't plan on going anywhere tonight until you showed up uninvited...” Seokjin continued to babble and complain until Hoseok turned around, pressing a finger to his lips to silence him.

 

I don't care. I'm dressing you up, and we're going. That's that.” Grabbing Seokjin's wrist, Hoseok entered the room. He dug through Seokjin's closet, pulling out anything that caught his eye and throwing the items in his general direction. Seokjin scrambled around, trying to catch the clothes before they ended up as a wrinkled mess on the floor.

 

Jesus Hoseok, be careful... Some of this stuff is expensive.” Seokjin sighed, looking down at the mass of clothing cradled in his arms. Hoseok turned around to face the disgruntled Seokjin with a smile.

 

Then why don't you put it on your body and use it for what it was made for? The more expensive, the better, right? Oh, and another thing, throw out these sweatpants... These stains look... Pretty suspicious...” Hoseok threw the pants onto Seokjin's neatly made bed, and flashed him one last bright smile as he left the room, closing (or rather slamming) the door behind him. This left Seokjin to decide whether he would actually get dressed, or give in to his judgement that said this was all a very bad idea, and kick Hoseok out for good. He grimaced and cursed himself for all eternity as he chose the former.

 

Seokjin pawed through the ball of clothes until he found his favourite fitted flannel shirt and some black jeans. He quickly changed and inspected himself in the mirror, fixing anything that seemed out of place. When he was satisfied, he opened the door to see Hoseok leaning against the wall opposite to him. He had his arms crossed and was nodding slowly, a sly grin plastered on his face.

 

There you go Jinnie~ Now you look somewhat presentable. Now maybe I'll be less embarrassed to be seen with you.” Hoseok straightened his posture and patted Seokjin's shoulder. Seokjin frowned and glared at him, swatting his hand away.

 

I told you before not to call me 'Jinnie'...” He shuddered at the mention of Hoseok's obnoxious pet name for him. “And I also believe I told you that I wasn't going to be seen with anyone tonight, much less you.” Hoseok simply rolled his eyes and pulled Seokjin to the front door against his will. Forcing him to put his shoes on and shoving him out into the hallway.

 

Oh, just shove it Jinnie. You never have any fun and I'm just trying to do you a favour. Now will you do one for me, and shut your trap?” Seokjin let out an exasperated sigh, breaking free of Hoseok's grip and walking ahead of him.

Yeah, whatever. But will you please stop calling me 'Jinnie'... It's annoying.”

 

Not a chance Jinnie~” Hoseok cooed as he followed after him.

 

What have I gotten myself into...

 

                                                                                                                                                                       

Ohhh.... Where is Hoseok gonna drag Jinnie off too?

Meh maybe I'll get around to writing tomorrow~ XD