Good time to run

Glass Prism

He was alone this morning. He usually came early, lazing around the roof, sometimes early enough to see the sunrise. If someone asked him what he is doing all that time, he wouldn’t answer. He didn’t know. He was just thinking, watching, staring into the sky and time was running without him noticing. If he had a company, he would talk with them, if they wanted to. If not, he would just be quiet.

But today, he was alone for some time. He came while it was still dark, watched the sun appear and waited. He didn’t think about anything in particular. Just sat there, enjoying the moment he had for himself.

He wasn’t sure what time it was when he heard the door being opened, but it was just before most of the students appeared down there, at the school gates. V came, lighting a cigarette, leaning against roof fence. The silence continued.

Suga watched students coming, while later running past the gates. As if half of them actually cared about being here, he thought to himself. He was searching for the rest of their group. If no one came, someone should go to sit in the classroom. The teachers let them be if there is at least part of their group present; silent promise made between them. And just then, he saw.

Two girls. In WillowEast colors. He couldn’t tell much about their appearance, but he could see reaction of the male students around. Fresh meat. Suga groaned. V looked at him in surprise, blinking. He watched the two girls continue inside, as if they couldn’t pick up the atmosphere around them. Any other girl would have turned at the spot and run away, never looking back.

Still in shock, he saw his two friends coming through the gate, chatting and laughing.

“Great, we can stay here for a while, since Jungkook and J-hope came,” V smirked and lit another cigarette. He just stated the obvious, the two down there usually went to the morning classes. The roof fell into the silence once again. Suga couldn’t bring up the girls, not with V. He cursed inside his mind, wanting to empty his head somehow, but he needed someone talkative for that. V was in his quiet mood today, or at least for now. He didn’t react when Suga brought up the new game or the movie that they agreed on watching together yesterday; he would only grunt in response, staring into nowhere again.

Suga could hear him ranting restlessly next time he will come here and when the only Suga’s wish will be the silence.

***

J-hope was mentally cursing anyone he could think of. And he just cursed the time itself.

He and Jungkook were the only ones from their group present. He couldn’t possibly stand up and sprint out of the class as he desperately wanted. He had to stay, for his friends. He didn’t go out, not even for a break time, because he knew once he is out of here, couldn’t come back, not just after five or ten minutes. No, he needs some time to sort things out in his mind.

So, he just sat there, cursing inside his head, most of the time turned around to lay his head on Jungkook’s desk behind him, in a way so his back were showing to the side of the classroom that had windows. He was sitting in the middle row, second desk from the back. He shared with V, who almost never came inside the class unless he had to, so he basically shared with empty doodled half of the desk. On the other side, there was some space to go through and then there, next to the big window, was Suga’s desk. He never shared with anyone. Until now. Even though Suga was away half of the time, there were some days you could find him sleeping at his spot in their classroom, head on the windowsill, legs rested on the second chair. But now, he wasn’t there. And now there was a girl with long black hair with some weird shade of pink or purple strands in it. Sitting on the second chair. As if she was there whole time the school was standing. But this girl wasn’t the reason for J-hope’s panic. It was the girl sitting in the desk behind the first, but at the chair nearer the window. HaeRim.

The only full sentence he was capable of was Where the hell is Jimin?! and that was the only thing that Jungkook, confused at his hyung’s behavior, got as a response.

And so Jungkook spent some time messaging to find the answer: in his bed.

J-hope only sent short message to Jin, who was also absent and thus didn’t know about his new seatmate in his back-window-desk he always claimed for himself.

Pick up Jimin.

He didn’t want to know where the last member of their group was. Half of the classroom was empty as always. He just needed someone to come so he can run.

When the bell rung, signaling end of the last class before the lunch time, he was the happiest being on the Earth.

***

SunMi was doing what she always does in school: paying attention to the teacher while paying attention to her surroundings. Which, of course, resulted in her being able to catch all the “secret” glances that the boys around were stealing all the time. He didn’t mind them watching her. She was showing her usual strong image. She was smiling, sitting straight, copying most of the thing the teachers were saying to copy down. But if she caught some glances towards HaeRim, she narrowed her eyes at the boy who was brave enough to do that. No one is touching her friend, not on her watch.

That was until the last class before the lunch. Before math.

If there was something SunMi couldn’t do, it was getting above 70% in anything math related. She just panicked every time, counted something and that was it. She couldn’t stay concentrated at the subject for longer than 5 minutes without tearing up, which resulted in her not finishing her notes in time. And their math teacher, for some reason, didn’t speak at all, just wrote everything on the board in the front.

When the bell rung, SunMi was the happiest being on the Earth.

***

Suga was walking down the hall with V, trying to find the rest for the lunch. V was humming something under his breath, jumping a little every now and then. Then Suga saw them. The one with long, colored hair was jumping even more than V next to him and singing something, while the shorter one next to her was smiling slightly. Suga knew just then; the smile wasn’t real. It was just her default expression.

Just then, the Fake Smile said something.

***

HaeRim was nervous from all the glances they got in the hallway, while heading to their lockers to put away the books so they can go to the cafeteria. It was okay so far; aside one weird guy that fell down from his chair during their introduction, no one really tried to make further contact. And HaeRim knew it will take some time to gather enough data to decide what is needed to do here, since right now, it wasn’t their usual behavior. The boys were excited to see them and acted differently.

SunMi, on the other hand, was happiest being on the Earth since the math class ended. She was jumping around with her usual tune, singing “Love and peace to all hearts~”. She felt bad for ruining this short moment of happiness, but she needed to, otherwise her friend would end up in worse state than she was destined to anyway.

“SunMi, did you catch the end of the class? The teacher wrote at the bottom: Test tomorrow,” she tried to say it in the calmest voice possible.

SunMi stopped in the middle of the next jump, turning around on her feet, banging her head in the nearest locker with a loud exclamation: “We will all die here!”

HaeRim was just happy the hallway was almost empty by the time this happened.

Almost.

Just then, a deep voice said: “Hey, that’s MY locker, you know?”

She turned to see two boys standing there; one with bright orange hair, shooting death glare at SunMi’s direction, the second one had brown hair, pierced ears and unreadable expression. HaeRim could swear he looked bored.

She brought her gaze back at the orange haired boy, before SunMi could say or more importantly, do something.

“We are sorry, it wasn’t intentional. We are new here, starting today, so please take care of us,” and she bowed down, looked up again, took SunMi’s hand and dragged her out of the scene before there could be any damage done.

She didn’t know about the stare that was burning her back. Or about the thoughts the two boys had in their heads.

***

Suga was following disappearing girls with his eyes. He had to admit, if at least one of them had the skill to tell when it’s good time to run, they could survive here, somehow. He was a little confused about the look that color-haired girl gave them. She turned around with ice daggers going out of her eyes. Suga thought, for a very short moment, that the girl will shout back at V or even hit him. But then, the Fake Smile reacted. And dragged her away.

He turned to his friend to about the short girl saving his life.

But V was still as a statue, staring at the spot where Fake Smile stood just while ago. His face was blank, but at the same time, he could see his eyes, swirling with chaos of emotions as if he just saw a murder.

“V? Are you here with us?” Jin appeared just then, along with half asleep Jimin, waving his hand before orange haired boy’s eyes. “What happened?” he turned to Suga.

Before Suga could say anything, V lifted up his empty face with horror stuck eyes and answered himself.

“What is an angel doing here, of all places?” he asked. Jin’s eyes almost jumped out as he stared at his friend. Suga face-palmed himself. He was scared something like this could happen. But now, really?

“Since when we have girls here?” asked Jimin and surprised both Suga and Jin even more, since he usually didn’t see the wall until he crashed into it while in this state, but he looked almost awake now and he was pointing to the direction where the girls disappeared to. “I know there were few, but I never saw these two until Jin dragged me across the North wing a while ago,” he explained further, not that he was helping in any way.

Suga knew the girls had to go to the North wing if they headed towards cafeteria; which meant they had to pass the part of the hallway leading to the entrance of the school. Which explains why Jimin, by a chance, saw them, while Jin looked like a kid whose candy was stolen. He was usually the one talking about girls.

And so, Suga wished for having some way to go back in time, returning to this peaceful morning. He saw V in love once. And that was experience that was enough for a life time. Not to mention Jin’s hungry glare.

He wished the girls weren’t in their classroom.

 

Hey there!
I'm one hour late, almost. But stuff happened. I'm back at the university dorms and probably sick again. Oh well.
Anyway, there you go: first reactions continue.

I will try to update as soon as possible; probably ba end of the week, maybe earlier, if I have time and mood for it.

The only one who didn't make his appearence yet is RapMon. Don't worry, he will show up when the timing is right.

I hope you liked it!

Krakin~