Cry Wolf chpt: 18

Cry Wolf ***( HIATUS)***

The existence of Wolan’s, human wolves, also known to normal humans as ‘werewolves’, had been dwindling so much so within the last couple of centuries that only a few large clans were known to still be in existence around the world at this time, eight of them or so if Kyungsoo was remembering the prophecy correctly.

 

The prophecy had foretold that this would happen to the existence of Wolan’s due to the drastic outcome caused by hunting parties that had formed in the mid to late sixteenth century and lasted for a couple hundred years, until the late eighteen hundreds, to savagely slaughter all the clans around the world, or at least all the Wolves they could find, wherthere 'werewolf or not', and also due to the large disease that had plagued the majority of the already rare female Wolan’s soon after into infertility or, more often, death after the hunting parties had dwindled down to near nonexistence.

 

Those things weren’t even the end of the Wolves suffering though, an even worse fate came upon the clans surviving clans that the prophecy had told after all of this had happened once it was brought to the wolves attention that more than half of the pups that were to be born after the plague were infertile themselves, even if both of their parents had been perfectly healthy, which left only a small portion of the already dying off clans with the ability to breed and ensure the survival of their clans. Even to this day the majority of the pups that are born as wolans are left infertile from birth, which only helps to speed up the process of a clans fate of extinction.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It is said in the prophecy that, when the time for the last seven clans to still survive came after the plague and the hunting parties ceased their activities, a lone wolf, a lone Wolan, would emerge from the darkness of the shadows of the world that would hold the powers within him to destroy or bring forth all of the clans together as one and bring immortality to his clan and the ability to revive the survivors back into good health. The lone Wolf in the prophecy would have the powers to enable the infertile wolfs to breed, he’d bring the sickly back into a state of full health, the elderly would have the energy restored within them to feel young again, the injured would have their injuries healed, and the lasting clans survivals would be sealed for eternity but only if the wolf were to join into a clan beforehand, otherwise it'd be the ultimate destruction that would lead to the extinction of all the Wolan's that would play out to fullfill the prophecy.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

An intriguing thought appeared within Kyungsoo’s mind at the sudden realization of something as he thought about the story of the prophecy, “does Kris’ clan think I’m the lone wolf?” he asked himself quizzically, “no clan ever lets in a wondering wolf unless there’s good reasoning behind it. Do they think that I’m the savior from the prophecy? I’d just be a normal Wolf that has nothing to offer otherwise.”

 

Kyungsoo frowned as he still laid on the bed thinking of such a possibility, “there’s no possible way that I could ever be the lone Wolan, even if I wanted to be I have no powers like the prophecy says that the wolf has and even if I did, doesn’t the prophecy say that the wolf doesn’t 'emerge from the shadows' until the time comes that only seven clans are left in existence? There’s still eight clans left so Kris would be letting me join to soon anyway.”

 

The possible outcomes that Kyungsoo could think of as to why Kris and his clan were so perturbed into having Kyungsoo join all didn’t make sense except for that one reason, “they really do think I’m the lone wolf don’t they?” he half whined, half mumbled out into the silent room at the sudden realisation, he brought his shaking, weak hands up to cover his face as he felt the urge to cry appear and he choked back a sob to say “I’m sorry but I’m not” into the hands covering his face.