"I helped you, you'll help me"

Effort Doesn't Betray You

 

[ Chapter 6 ]
 
 
@Kyuhyun's Place
 
 
A few days passed from the fatidical "Kiss", Nicole thought that everything was finally fine : Kyuhyun left her free.
 
But.... his mother called her and asked her to meet up. The woman still didn't know that they "broke up", she didn't tell her son that she already knew about Nicole so it was also impossible for him to inform her.
 
In the girl's eyes Mrs. Cho didn't change at all, she was still the perfect woman she knew at her mother's cafeteria a long time ago.
 
All this time they kept in touch through phone calls and messages. The lady has been very nice towards Nicole from the start, and as more time passed she begun to treat her as a real member of their family. This made the girl feel even more guilty. Lying, hiding things from that sweet and caring woman made her really hate herself.
 
They had a big and delicious lunch and after that, they sat comfortably in the dining room  to chat about whatever came into their mind.
 
The afternoon went on smoothly, whenever the woman asked something about her and Kyuhyun, Nicole would just avoid the question changing the topic or answering vaguely.
 
It was around 6 p.m. when Nicole heard the door slamming.
 
Goosebumps suddenly grew all over her body, for sure it was him. She took a sip of her coffee then looked at the entrance already expecting his appearance.
 
There he was.
 
He was obviously shocked seeing her sitting and talking comfortably with his mother " What are you doing here ? " escaped from his mouth,
 
" Kyuhyunnie " Mrs. Cho gave out a mischievous grin " that's not the right way to greet your girl.... Come here, stay with us " she patted the empty space beside Nicole. She was looking down, embarassed, she was already waiting for an over reaction, but unexpectedly it didn't come. He sat beside her and bowed politely " Hi " the girl choughed in disbelief.
 
" So.... " the lady paused " My beloved son, now you found out that I already knew about you two, I was really offended you know "
 
" I'm sorry mommy, I didn't want to hide it " Nicole's eyes widened, her breathing stopped for a second ' Is he the Kyuhyun I know ? ' she thought.
 
" Did you guys kiss already ? " the sudden question made the two youngster flush red,
 
" Mom ! What kind of question is that ? " the woman put her hands on her face then giggled by herself.
 
Kyuhyun took a glance on Nicole, noticing her uneasy expression he patted her shoulder " Calm down " he whispered then gave out a bright smile, the girl blinked then restrained herself not to make Mrs. Cho notice anything.
 
The rest of the night went on quiet smoothly, they had dinner and surprisingly it didn't seem like it was the first time for them being all together. Even when the two were left alone they managed not to create much awkwardness. Nicole was very surprised to see the boy showing bright smiles and good manner.
 
He was totally different from his school image.
 
When time to leave came, Mrs. Cho asked him to  walk her home, the girl shook her head and bid good-bye quickly.  Though not long after she heard his steps following her " You don't have to.... " she turned her face to him and waved her hands nervously,
 
" But I want to.... " his arm slid casually on her shoulder.
 
" Thanks " he mumbled after a few steps " ..for not saying anything to my mommy "
 
Nicole looked at him with her narrowed eyes, her heart stopped for few seconds ' I'm supposed to hate him, but now.... ' she thought, she could slowly feel her cheeks burning, she shook it away before he could see it.
 
" I couldn't " she finally managed to say. His arm suddenly dropped on his side " Right " he paused and gave out a deep sigh " Because of your diary " the boy whispered " I'll give it back to you ". The girl couldn't stop herself from being surprised.
 
They reached her home, it was time to part but it looked like both of them weren't willing to. It was quiet but it wasn't awkward, they stood still looking up the sky " Nicole ",
 
" huh ? " their eyes met,
 
" You were with me just because of your diary right ? "
 
 
---oOo---
 
 
He was back at home, his mother was waiting for him with an ear-to-ear smile stamped on her face " I like her Kyuhyunnie " she said with a very soft tone,
 
" But I like Gyuri " he sighed heading to his room " and You already settled me right ? "
 
" I was wrong and I regret it, that's why I'm trying to make it up now "  Mrs. Cho stopped at his door,
 
" There's nothing between me and Nicole !! It's not what it seems !! " he shouted throwing on the floor his clothes, the woman was startled,
 
" Are you talking about her diary ? " she tilted her head to see her son's face better, his eyes widened,
 
" Did you talk with Gyuri ? " he sat on his bed and put his hands on his face.
 
The woman kept quiet.
 
" I wanted to make her jealous, that's it " the boy mumbled. 
 
" Maybe at the very beginning " she sat beside him and placed a kind hand on his shoulder " My beloved son.. I know you enough to say that you're not someone who would do such a stupid thing for this long without a valid reason " Mrs. Cho's voice was trembling " Wasn't it just an excuse to be with Nicole ? " she cupped his face then brushed his cheeks with her thumbs " You can tell mommy the truth ". The boy free himself " What for ? I'm getting married in 2 months after all.. "
 
 
---oOo---
 
 
Morning
 
 
10 minutes before class, Jiyoung was tidying her locker. She released a  deep sigh, it hasn't been an easy night for her. She didn't sleep at all.
 
"Good morning my Jing " she felt someone hugging her from her back and soft lips brushed her cheeks,
 
" Yahh someone might see us, " the girl shook him away giggling " Be more careful "
 
" I know, but it's hard to restrain myself " he shrugged cutely,
 the girl faced him and cleared ,
 
" Why didn't you pick my calls last night ? " she became all serious,
 
" I couldn't, " he said almost whispering " I was with her " whenever he was referring to his girl, Taemin would become all awkward.
 
" I knew it " she mumbled " What about today ? "
 
" I can't " he was looking down " I have to pick her at school " he wanted to hold her hands, to wrap her in his arms, but he couldn't.
 
A secret relationship was very hard to handle, especially for the two of them who were still so young. Jiyoung turned her back to him, she grabbed some books and closed her locker strongly. The boy stepped back startled, obviously she was pissed.
 
" I'll make it up, promise ! "
 
" No need.. It's ok "
 
" It's not ! " Taemin held her face up to meet her eyes, his heart tightened seeing her sad expression.
 
" May I borrow her for awhile ? " Leeteuk patted his back.
 
*Wrong Timing*
 
Taemind hadn't no choice but leave the two.
 
" Jing stop playing with fire " and his arm dropped on her shoulder " Oppa is here for you "
 a mischievous tone was in his voice,
 
" Liar " she pouted cutely,
 
" Oppa is for Seungyeon unnie now " the little girl stick out her tongue making the boy giggle,
 
" I'm just trying to help her "
 
" Beep ! Lie " she hit his chest,
 
" Seungyeon and I are just friends "
 
" Beep again ! How many lies are you going to say today, oppa ? " the girl hit her friend chest again, this time stronger,
 
" Yahh ! It hurts " Leeteuk rubbed his chest in pain then pinched Jiyoung cheeks as revenge.
 
" It feels bad when your friend lies to you right ? " the boy recomposed himself, she nodded,
 
" So are you going to hide It  from me ?"
 
" You already know it anyway.. "
 
" But still.. Luckily I know you too well " he winked then left with a chuckle.
 
Leeteuk cared A LOT about her. He has always treated Jiyoung as his own little sister. They could understand each other even without saying anything. In fact, he came to know about Jiyoung and Taemin relationship without her telling him anything.
 
 
----oOoOo----
 
 
Math lesson
 
Nicole was going back to her class when she unfortunately bumped into Jay. She tried to just pass by him but he grabbed her wrist " Mind to talk ? " the girl stepped back and tried to free herself "  We don't have anything to talk about " the boy smirked,
 
" I helped you and you don't even have a second for me ? "
 
" You abused me, you kissed me !! " she shouted histerically,
 
" That wasn't part of the plan " the boy shut putting his hand on it,
 
" Is he still bothering you ? " he asked firmly raising his brows, the girl shook her head 
hesitatingly,
 
" If that so, then I guess I accomplished my task " he finallly let go of her when he saw her not fighting him anymore.
 
They reached the school rooftop.
 
There was an awkward silence in the air. Nicole was sitting on a stair while Jay was leaning on the wall looking at the landscape.
 
" I need you to be my girl " he said approaching the girl, her eyes narrowed,
 
" No way ! Why do you enjoy asking me to pretend all the time ? " she grumbled,
 
" Rumors of what's happened are spreading now and people are wondering why I did that " he sat beside her " Could it be just because I wanted to help a defenseless girl ? It can't be..
" he paused and leaned back his head " My image doesn't allowed me too "
 
" I won't do that AGAIN " she emphasized the last word then stood up willing to walk off,
 
" I helped you, you'll help me "
 
 
----oOoOo----
 
 
 
Night
 
 
As soon as she stepped in the club, Hara jumped on the dance floor, her body followed the beat of the music.
 
She liked clubbing. She used to go there every night but when she started to date Minho, she had to stop. He was overprotective towards her " I don't want my girl to be exposed " he used to say. Now that they broke up there was no more reason not to go there, to enjoy herself and free her mind.
 
Not long after, she was surrounded by many guys who were trying hard to catch her attention, she smiled satisfied then grabbed one from his collar and brought him to the bar " We want something refreshing " she ordered to 
the waiter, two drinks were placed in front of them,
 
" I'm Hara by the way " she faced the guy holding out her hand,
 
" I know " the girl frowned and an I-have-never-seen-you-before expression appeared on her face,
 
" I'm Doojoon, BEAST leader and the one you rejected some time ago " he paused giving out a mischievous smile, Hara finished her drink and stood still for awhile, she was trying to remember if or when she met that guy, but nothing came into her mind.
 
" At that time you were still with Minho, I wanted to punch that pretty face of him when I came to know about what he did to you " seeing the guy clenching his fist in anger made her chuckled,
 
" I wonder why I did reject you " a flirty grin grew on her face.
 
" You were too fond of him " he sighed.
 
 
When she opened her eyes she felt a headache, she sat on her and found Doojoon beside her.
 
" You're finally awake beautiful driker " he gave her a warm smile, a sweet smile that made her smile as well,
 
" Are you ok now ? " the girl nodded " Aiiihh, I was going to wake you up anyway " he laughed rubbing his thighs" Your head on my lap was becoming heavy " and another laughter came out.
 
" Sorry " Hara stood up and streched herself.
 
 
----oOoOo----
 
 
After School
 
 
Before going home Gyuri headed to the library with a stack of books on her arms, she stepped in and placed them back on the shelves. She was about to go when she noticed someone. A guy she had to talk with. He was sitting there with a book in front of him.
 
 
FLASHBACK
 
One year before
 
The Cho family just left the Park residence. It has been a chaotic night and Gyuri was ready to complain what it has just been settled.
 
" I want you to marry him, he's a nice guy " her father answered firmly,
 
" What about Eunhyuk ? "
 
" Break up with him "
 
" I thought you liked him appa "  the girl's eyes were slowly filling with tears, her heart was falling into pieces just at the thought of leaving him,
 
" Just as your boyfriend. Your future husband will be Cho Kyuhyun. Period "
 the man left the room.
 
" Umma, please help me "
 Gyuri approached her mother and climbed on her arm,
 
" I can't my dear. It's already settled. As soon as you'll turn 21 you'll get married " 
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
 
" So " the girl took a seat beside him " The other day she was at your house "
 
" Yeah, my mother invited her "  he said blankly, not taking his eyes off the book, 
 
" She told me she likes Nicole a lot "
 
" I noticed it " finally Kyuhyun closed his book and placed it on the table " We should put her aside and talk about us " the girl nodded.
 
" Gyul I never gave you any pressure, I always let you do what you want and I never complain whenever you're with him " he released a sigh " but 2 months from now we'll get married, it's time to clarify your feelings and decide whether you'll really marry me or not "
 
*silence*
 
" I won't change my mind, we'll go on as planned.... but please don't ask me this question again " her firm voice was willing to reassure him and from his expression it looked like it worked.
 
" I'm just waiting for the right time " she sighed.
 
" The more you'll wait the more he'll suffer "
 the boy held her hand gently,
 
" I know "
 she mumbled " What about Nicole ? " raising her brows,
 
" She broke up with me "
 
" You like her, don't you ? " he nodded
. Gyuri stood up and crossed her arms acting angry, Kyuhyun lift himself up and wrapped her in his arms " I might have feelings for her but in comparison to what I feel for you then it's nothing "
 
 
 
----oOoOo----
 
 
 
[A/N]:
 
-PLEASE HELP ME WITH THE POLL..(in the previous chapter).. results will be out with chapter 7..
 
-Doojoon first short appearance
 
-ENGLISH IS OBVIOUSLY NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE
 
-MISTAKES MAY BE FOUND, PATIENCE IS REQUIRED, COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED, NO BASHING INTENDED.