Wonderwall

Love Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Kai and Luhan drifted apart from their embrace, they turned to the others and joined them. They sang almost five songs together; nonstop dancing, cheering and rejoicing. After that, each one of them find their seats on the couch and drank their wines. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were the hosts for the night and the two were making sure that everyone was having a good time. They played card games until midnight. They only stopped when fatigue engulfed them. 

"I'll drop you off the dorm," the manager told them as they went out of the clubhouse. "It's great that you had a wonderful time tonight but do not forget the interview tomorrow at noon, Baekhyun, Chen, Suho and Xiumin. The rest will have to attend the wardrobe check for your live performances next week."

They nodded. 

"And also, don't forget to say thanks to your fans. You owe them for this album's success," the manager added.

"Of course," Suho replied. "We can't forget that."

The journey back to the dorm took almost quarter an hour. Some fell alseep while the others were still in a hyper state and kept chatting. When they arrived, the older members went off first, except for Luhan who waited for Kai to come out of the van. 

"Luhan, Kai," the manager called out. "Can you stay behind for a moment?"

Luhan glanced at Kai who looked casual while he felt a bit anxious. They approached the manager behind the van. 

"What is it, Manager-hyung?" Kai asked. 

The manager cleared his throat before speaking, "Have you heard the new rumor about the two of you?"

Luhan gulped and asked further, "What rumor?"

The manager peeked at their hands, "Those rings." The pronouncement, hung in the air, suspended, as the two fell silent. "Are those couple rings?" the manager inquired.

"Yes," Kai replied calmly. "These are, you can say, couple rings. Luhan bought this in China last time."

Luhan gasped a little before he looked straight at their manager, who was also gauging him. He affirmed, "Jongin's right. I bought it...for the two of us."

Although shock, the manager who thinks logically as much as possible in every situation by not concluding and finding a possible reason for everything, nodded. "I see. Did the management asked the two of you to do so?" He moved closer to the two and proceeded, "It's clear to me that all of you know the rules stated in your contract. I think you are capable enough to understand that without our affirmation, you can't just go around doing things by yourselves even if it means...well, even if it means no harm."

Luhan knew very well that this day would come. He prepared for this. He and Kai already talked about this and he made a promise to him. He breathed deeply and relaxed. He glanced at Kai who gave him an assuring smile.

"We meant no harm. I don't think wearing a ring that proves affection means harm," Kai answered back straightforwardly.

"Jongin, you know what I mean," the manager refuted. He sighed deeply. "I noticed the two of you getting closer. It didn't really bother me since your fans are more glad to see you together. But if it's something more than friendship and the fanservice, I don't think it'll be right for everyone. And hearing your answers now proved that there's really something  going on." The manager returned to the van. "You know the consequences; not only to you but for the rest as well. You better think about it before it's too late." He then started the engine and went off.

Luhan was actually surprised that their manager remained compose throughout the conversation. He was thinking deeply that he didn't notice Kai staring at him.

"Wavering feelings?" the dancing machine asked.

Luhan snapped out of it and immediately held Kai's hand, pulling him to a hug, "No."

The young man just laughed, "I know. I'm just kidding. I trust you, Lu, you know that." He hugged the deer and the tension suddenly vanished. Kai murmured as he caressed Luhan's hair, "We're strong. We'll get through this. They will support us. Trust me. Trust them."

As Luhan lay on the bed, he watched Kai through his misty eyes as the latter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter